Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #196
MutuelClerk

The Leafs are playing in their own zone way too much. It seems to be working ok this year but it is not a recipe for success down the road. Last year the Leafs were young and couldn't play with the lead well at all. Things have gotten better this year for sure. We need to be more aggressive in the third period. Can't rely on Freddie every night. Minny tomorrow then here Friday night to play the Wings in the new arena. A rare Saturday off for the Leafs. Do they still have HNIC?
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 11:53 AM   #197
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
The Leafs are playing in their own zone way too much. It seems to be working ok this year but it is not a recipe for success down the road. Last year the Leafs were young and couldn't play with the lead well at all. Things have gotten better this year for sure. We need to be more aggressive in the third period. Can't rely on Freddie every night. Minny tomorrow then here Friday night to play the Wings in the new arena. A rare Saturday off for the Leafs. Do they still have HNIC?
Yep, and yep.

As much as it stings, they're going to lose 3.5 games out of every 10. What bothers me is, they lost to a one-line hockey team twice, wtf.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #198
HoofedInTheChest

Matt Duchene shed some light on why he requested a trade from the Colorado Avalanche last December.

"I wanted to play playoff hockey"

Old 12-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #199
ldiatone

LAS VEGAS — It’s not shake-up time yet for Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford, but it’s getting there.

Rutherford isn’t happy with how his team’s been playing — “I’m disappointed in the [2-3-0] homestand,” Rutherford said while watching practice Wednesday at T-Mobile Arena — and feels it may soon be necessary to make a significant move.

“We’re coming in to a critical period where we’ll make a decision whether we need to shake things up or not,” Rutherford told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Asked whether he would do something big to create a ripple effect to get his team’s attention, Rutherford simply replied, “Yes.”

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2017, 09:02 AM   #200
MutuelClerk

Hoofed, why are the Leafs playing a matinee Tuesday against the Canes?
Old 12-15-2017, 10:19 AM   #201
MutuelClerk

Marc-Andre Fleury. James Neal. Get some revenge against the Pens. What Vegas is doing is pretty remarkable. Cool to see.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #202
Greyfox

Quote:
Marc-Andre Fleury. James Neal. Get some revenge against the Pens. What Vegas is doing is pretty remarkable. Cool to see.
What Vegas has done so far is absolutely unbelievable, especially for teams like my Oilers.
My Gawd, Vegas has taken a team of almost castoffs ...well unprotected players.. and they are holding on to a playoff berth.
Who da thunk it?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2017, 04:44 PM   #203
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Hoofed, why are the Leafs playing a matinee Tuesday against the Canes?
It’s “Toronto Maple Leafs Day”, it’s something new that Shanny and the Mayor put together. On Dec 19, 1917, the Toronto Arenas played their first game in the NHL, and lost 10-9 to the Montreal Wanderers.

The game will be played at 2 p.m., with the Leafs hoping to pack the Air Canada Centre with as many kids as possible. Season-ticket subscribers are asked to bring a child with them to that game, or to donate the ticket back to the MLSE Foundation, which will give it to a school-aged fan.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #204
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
What Vegas has done so far is absolutely unbelievable, especially for teams like my Oilers.
My Gawd, Vegas has taken a team of almost castoffs ...well unprotected players.. and they are holding on to a playoff berth.
Who da thunk it?
Not me, if you look at them on paper, they don’t have a lot of talent outside of Neal and Marchessault. The one thing they did get right was in drafting 18 really good skaters, they can fly and they can forecheck, and they have bought in.

Good goaltending will make any team look good.

I’m happy for them, they should be getting something good in return for that $500 million expansion fee.

Did you notice that Seattle has to pay $650 million for a team? But last year Vegas paid......
Old 12-15-2017, 08:31 PM   #205
ldiatone

Rutherford had a poor offseason. He too got caught up in the moment and over-valued his own players, like Brian Dumoulin and Justin Schultz. He is now limited by salary cap restrictions and big contracts. It is a mistake he now must overcome. However, with any trade not only comes addition but subtraction. Other teams do not judge players like Carl Hagelin or Conor Sheary with hope, they are judged by results. In a shakeup, the Penguins will lose key players in order to gain players they hope are key.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2017, 09:50 PM   #206
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedIn
Did you notice that Seattle has to pay $650 million for a team? But last year Vegas paid......
Seattle will get in and once again Quebec City gets ignored by Bettman.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #207
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Seattle will get in and once again Quebec City gets ignored by Bettman.
After hearing Melnyk' presser last night, it sounds like Ottawa will be moving to Quebec City if things don't change, they're hemorrhaging money thanks to their loyal fanbase.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #208
HoofedInTheChest

I think it’s time to send Marner and Nylander down to the Marlies, these cut-back plays aren’t getting the job done, and they’re fooling absolutely no one. It almost feels like someone took their manhood away from them in the off-season, they’re both playing a gutless brand of hockey. This has been going on since the first day of training camp, and it's almost Christmas and nothing has changed, these two need a reality check on a Greyhound bus.

If you’re not going to engage the puck then maybe it’s time to give someone else an opportunity, i’ve seen enough of this nonsense.

Kappy and Leivo understand the concept of driving the net.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #209
MutuelClerk

Adam Henrique returned to Jersey tonight and scored what is my favorite goal of the year so far. He beat the defenseman he was traded for on the play adding salt to the wound. Can't find it online yet. Look for it. Pretty sweet.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:07 AM   #210
HoofedInTheChest

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: