Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #16
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Don't ask. Don't tell. That was working just fine.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2017, 05:37 PM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Don't ask. Don't tell. That was working just fine.

Kind of hard for that to work if a soldier is in the middle of sex change surgery while serving.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2017, 06:53 PM   #18
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I prefer the "Can shoot and want to serve.... don't care." Line
What a joke
Old 07-28-2017, 08:32 PM   #19
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
What a joke
It is not like he has had a being right reassignment.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #20
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Trump cited "costs" as his reason for the ban. A Dept of Defense study conducted last year determined annual transition-related health care costs for active duty personnel is between $2.4-8.4M. That's 1/1000 of 1% of the Defense Dept's annual budget.

According to a study by the Military Times, the Defense Dept spends $85M a year on erectile dysfunction pills

With Trump now the Commander in Chief, that will likely go up to $86M
I'm surprised that they pay a single cent for transgender issues (be it hormones or sex reassignment). How is this not elective surgery? How is this any different than a facelift or breast implants, which aren't covered by any insurance (except for cases of breast reconstruction for mastectomies, etc)?

So not only is it shocking that men are having sex changes while serving, it's even more shocking that we're footing the bill.

As for erectile disfunction, this is the treatment of body part not functioning correctly. Let's liken it to women who are having fertility issues. I consider all of these to be legitimate medical issues.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
There is no plan or policy to implement these changes.
Then the pentagon better get off their duffs and do some work.
The CNC has spoken - time to jump to it.
They have the budget - git'r done,
Old 07-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #22
classhandicapper

Trump may have tweeted about this to get the press off the Russia story for awhile. It seems to have worked. But they'll make some other nonsensical Russia connection into a major issue soon enough. The only source with any credibility on that story has been Alan Dershowitz. The rest of them have been scumbags (sorry for the colorful language, but it's the only way to describe them accurately),
Old 07-29-2017, 04:48 PM   #23
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Then the pentagon better get off their duffs and do some work.
The CNC has spoken - time to jump to it.
They have the budget - git'r done,
Random tweets aren't actually orders. No matter their origin.

In this case, an order would be accompanied by direction from the CIC on how the new policy would be implemented.

I'm sure some unfortunate in the White House is currently working through the details of how the latest brain splatter should be crammed down an unwilling throat but at this point, it ain't on the Pentagon to do anything.

I'm not sure if it was General Fox or General Breitbart that he consulted with beforehand but I'm fairly certain it was no one with any actual service. Like most of those commenting in this thread.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2017, 05:55 PM   #24
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Random tweets aren't actually orders. No matter their origin.

In this case, an order would be accompanied by direction from the CIC on how the new policy would be implemented.

I'm sure some unfortunate in the White House is currently working through the details of how the latest brain splatter should be crammed down an unwilling throat but at this point, it ain't on the Pentagon to do anything.

I'm not sure if it was General Fox or General Breitbart that he consulted with beforehand but I'm fairly certain it was no one with any actual service. Like most of those commenting in this thread.
What's your service record? Assuming you served for considerable time, how many transgenders did you bunk with?
Old 07-29-2017, 08:19 PM   #25
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
What's your service record? Assuming you served for considerable time, how many transgenders did you bunk with?
I wore Dolphins for six years in the 80's. Not that it qualifies my opinion as any better than all the arm chairs like you arguing about it here.

But the thing about most of the people I served with was that other than busting balls of the guys living on targets, we didn't much discuss anyone's sexuality.

It would have seemed somewhat odd in that environment.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #26
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
What a joke
Brilliant observation. Please tell me this wasn't anything but a ruse to take attention away from the fact he can't run the country. His Administration is a dumpster fire that can't even involve itself in the "repeal and replace with something great" discussion.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2017, 09:28 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Seems he is getting things done to me.
I found far more crisis in in the Kenyan Klown's term than this one.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #28
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Seems he is getting things done to me.
I found far more crisis in in the Kenyan Klown's term than this one.
I see the same view here in NH, considering RBG is on a banana skin and will be replaced with several shades of conservative things are great. Combine that with the fact Trump will never sign anything like single payer and his base will be bigger at reelection time. Wait now how can I say that, well facts are the trend is still moving to the right and his base will not be crushed as jobs increase.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #29
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
I wore Dolphins for six years in the 80's. Not that it qualifies my opinion as any better than all the arm chairs like you arguing about it here.

But the thing about most of the people I served with was that other than busting balls of the guys living on targets, we didn't much discuss anyone's sexuality.

It would have seemed somewhat odd in that environment.
No, but then none were wearing women's clothes, taking female hormones, or trying to grow breasts either, I bet.

All that stuff is for another place and time. Not when you're in the military. It's not a game, and it's not a social experiment. We owe it to our soldiers to take care of their mental problems which are caused by their jobs, but even those mental problems are likely good reason to discharge that person from their job. Mental problems of any other sort, like feeling like the sex your not, or the race you're not, or a species you are not, are definitely good reason to be discharged.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:38 PM   #30
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
No, but then none were wearing women's clothes, taking female hormones, or trying to grow breasts either, I bet.

All that stuff is for another place and time. Not when you're in the military. It's not a game, and it's not a social experiment. We owe it to our soldiers to take care of their mental problems which are caused by their jobs, but even those mental problems are likely good reason to discharge that person from their job. Mental problems of any other sort, like feeling like the sex your not, or the race you're not, or a species you are not, are definitely good reason to be discharged.
+1

Just being willing to serve and "shoot" means nothing

Btw, some of our forces are involved with nuclear weapons. They would never qualify for those jobs