Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > RDSS 2017 Ridersup Memorial Aqueduct Inner Track Challenge

Old 12-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #16
098poi

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Sunday card starts earlier and has more races before ?9 days? dark

I am not sure what races are the pick 4's, check where ever you get your info
Looks like races 2-5 and 8-11. R2 starting 11:50 am!

https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/racing...ate=2016-12-18
Old 12-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #17
LAP_520

Message to new players and a reminder to others..

ONE POST ... Your first submitted post will be the one we will use.

HOWEVER, we do allow resubmitting of the ORIGINAL PICK 4 that you choose to play in case of scratches ---

This is DONE BY finding your original post, Clicking on QUOTE at the bottom. A New Window will pop up .... make any changes AFTER the last word which in most cases will be QUOTE.

Thank You.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:23 PM   #18
LAP_520

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Sunday December 18th, 2016

Early Pick 4 starts in Race #2 scheduled Post is 11:50 AM

Late Pick 4 starts in Race #8 scheduled Post is 2:45 PM

Then there will be no racing on December 24th or December 25th

Will resume racing on Saturday December 31st 2016 ( Weather permitting )

Old 12-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #19
LAP_520

Next Scheduled Ridersup Memorial Aqueduct Inner Track Challenge will be Saturday December 31st, 2016 ( Weather Permitting )

Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas ~

Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (252.8 KB, 58 views)
Old 12-19-2016, 01:21 PM   #20
bpiets
Veteran

merry x-mas...

hears wishing all have a hope full view of the new year and a safe and healthy future..and a jolly and merry x-mas...
Old 01-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #21
delparkatt88

pick four contest

i thougt we had to choose either early pick four or late i saw someone that hit both yesterday
Old 01-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #22
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by delparkatt88
i thougt we had to choose either early pick four or late i saw someone that hit both yesterday
You are correct, early or late. You are incorrect about someone hitting both yesterday.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:54 PM   #23
rmath

Problems

On Monday I posted my selections for the late P-4 early in the day as it was my wifes birthday. When we returned home I got the late scratches and reran the races and came up with several changes that I tried to amend to my ticket, but was unable to access my first ticket before race 6 was run.
I accept the fact that my first ticket was a losing one but I am disappointed with the problems that arose with the changes made to the Pace Advantage web site that kept me from re-entering the changes that I came up with.
I enjoy this contest and strive to do my best but if these problems persist
I will stop playing in any contests on Pace Advantage.
Rmath
Old 02-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I apologize for the situation you found yourself in.

I have been spending money and working tirelessly to correct any and all problems with the website. Early this evening, we were switched to a much more powerful server at my hosting company, and I hope most if not all of these problems are behind us now.

Again, my apologies. I hope you keep playing!
Old 02-21-2017, 11:14 PM   #25
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

For the record , I did try and post for the late pick 4 Sunday but couldn't get in.

I hit it in real life multiple times as I singled the 2 in race 7 and the 4 in race 8, 145 in the 9th and all in leg 1.

I would've capped at $5,000.00

I just want that on record your honor , so if and when someone critiques my contest results, I have a leg to stand on.

I've also missed many days, simply because I'm too busy playing and forget about it. Great contest. Totally understand the need to upgrade. Just venting I guess. No big deal.

To the prior poster, I feel your pain, I went through the same. PA is doing a good thing here (upgrading). We should all be patient as he spends his money upgrading a product that he doesn't live off of. We should thank him. He is not some conglomerate that has been cheap. It's almost a 1 man show here. Please give him some slack.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #26
rmath

Apology

Thanks for responding.
Your apology is accepted.
I understand that when changes are made to a web site there may be some bugs that will need to be fixed.
I was just a little frustrated when I saw the payoff for the late P-4 , and realized all 4 winners were in my top3 in each race.
I congratulate all who did hit it.

I will continue to play and I apologize for venting my frustrations.
Rmath
Old 02-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

No need to apologize. You are 100% correct.

I am quite confident at this point that there will be no more site crashes (at least caused by something I've done or haven't done). The website has been humming along since being switched to the new server last night and made it through with flying colors during the 1:30am shadow copy backup process that always seemed to crash it lately...
Old 02-25-2017, 08:50 AM   #28
LAP_520

Thanks for the information PaceAdvantage -

Players in the Ridersup Memorial Aqueduct Inner Track Challenge :

Monday's contest 2/20/2017 was a "nightmare" to put it mildly..

The results of that day will count and we will move forward. Hopefully, there will be NO MORE freeze issues, no access issues, etc on the Pace Advantage website.

We have been offered the use of the Sponsor's website if need be to post Pick 4 tickets, then move them over to here as long as the ORIGINAL posting time is within the rules.

For now, it is a wait and see what happens this weekend.

LAP_520

Last edited by LAP_520; 02-25-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There won't be anymore UNSCHEDULED site unavailability. There hasn't been a single report of a site crash since we upgraded to the new server a few days ago. The site would regularly crash at 1:30am and 7:30am when backups were being done on the host side. I have personally been around at those times more than a few times this week after the upgrade and site performance didn't suffer at all during those critical moments.

If the site does go down in the future, it will be because I have purposely brought it down to perform maintenance or upgrades, and I will warn everyone a good 30 minutes or so prior and I will schedule these to happen after 10pm.

Thanks everyone for bearing with me while I addressed these issues this week.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:19 PM   #30
davew

There have been problems for the last 3-5 weeks. Sometimes the site would only be down or severely lagging a couple minutes - last Monday it was closer to 20 minutes.

My impression was the problems came when there were more than 1000 viewers on the site - usually near 200+ members and 800+ visitors. I am not sure how many of the visitors are people versus bots webcrawling for search engines...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: