Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:25 PM   #16
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest Abe View Post
You have not written the provider, so it is false to claim that you never received a response. All inquires are responded to.

The software does not focus on better class races. It can handle all races. The reason it is recommended not to use it on the "cheap races" is because the horses in those races generally have very high variances in their speed figures, which leads to less predictable results. In other words, there is more randomness in the low stakes races, which is something you don't want.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You have not written the provider, so it is false to claim that you never received a response. All inquires are responded to."

I did in fact send an email to the provider asking questions about the software. I never received a response
I have no reason or motive to make a false statement or lie. I can assure you that for those that have known me for the past 14 years on the board would tell you that I am very credible. Probably a lot more credible then the software in question and it's provider.
Let the buyer beware .
Old 11-25-2018, 10:36 PM   #17
JimG

Partsnut is a straight shooter who has been an online friend of mine for over 10 years. My research of "Honest Abe" indicates he tried to hawk his software back in February but PA caught it quickly and took the post down as he is, of course, not a paid advertiser.

Thanks for the info Parts.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2018, 10:57 PM   #18
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Partsnut is a straight shooter who has been an online friend of mine for over 10 years. My research of "Honest Abe" indicates he tried to hawk his software back in February but PA caught it quickly and took the post down as he is, of course, not a paid advertiser.

Thanks for the info Parts.

Jim
Thanks Jim.
It's been a while. Hope all is well with you.
Are you still competing?
Free NHC qualifier ( 5 spots ) for members is coming up on Saturday Dec.1st.
Keep in touch.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:07 PM   #19
Sea Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest Abe View Post
You have not written the provider (blah blah blah belligerent pompous donkey)

You aren't very subtle, are you? You only have one other post, and in that the owner of the forum spanked you for trying to tout a program. Probably the same program as this one.

I looked at the website. Handicapping Lizard uses speed figures, and three simple pace ratings. Sartin's Phase 3 was more sophisticated, and it's 35 years old. Basic stuff.
Sea Hero is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #20
hyipro

REALLY NICE PIECE OF SOFTWARE

I have been using the product for the last several weeks and working with the developer to make some product enhancements, which he has done
very timely. Really has helped me up my game and added an extra layer
of credibility to my own selections. Second time out I was able to hit
11 exacta's out of 21 races played and had a very nice up day. Very
easy to use. I would highly recommend to the group. Glad I purchased
it. Well worth the small price.
hyipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2018, 11:25 AM   #21
headhawg
crusty old guy

Happy to hear that it's working out for you hyipro. But I have to agree with Sea Hero. The program looks pretty basic with the only "special" feature is some kind of Monte Carlo simulation run a thousand times per race or something like that. It's not expensive so I guess that's a plus. But if what Partsnut posted is true, I couldn't support a vendor like that. My programs will be better anyway.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:39 AM   #22
plainolebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
.Snip........... My programs will be better anyway.
No doubt, but I'm 76 so don't tarry.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #23
hyipro

THE POINT OF IT ALL

The use of software, helps us reach an informed consensus on the top 6 or
more selections, using multiple programs including yours, one can make
a more informed decision, all of these programs are based on some type
of stat analysis, having the better programmed ones, free or pay helps
in the selection process. I use a number of different programs and I use
one or two for what I call the fulcrum, meaning do my selection analysis
agree with the others, hence I make my betting based on this .The
reality is not one program better then the other, just how you use the
results, some are better some are weaker. Its like looking for a master
consensus, which all of the members of this group are, all post selections
and if we chose we can see what the members of the group have chosen
and "consensus" from there
hyipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 10:07 AM   #24
Pfranktdn9

Post Pro Handicap Wizard 4.0 Turf and Grey

Good morning. I purchased both of the Pro Handicap Wizard 4.0 Turf and Grey Version. When I first purchased both programs over a year ago I never got around to actually installing the software products. Now I'm trying to install both programs but I need a registration code for each program. But I can't get hold of the software seller. Would anyone know how I could get in contact with the software developer for the Pro Handicap Wizard 4.0? Any help or information anyone could possibly provide me would be greatly appreciated.
Pfranktdn9 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 03:07 PM   #25
gfnut

It looks like they are gone. The last email I had for contact is

(gcox186@protonmail.com)
gfnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 06:47 PM   #26
Kbatch57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfranktdn9 View Post
Good morning. I purchased both of the Pro Handicap Wizard 4.0 Turf and Grey Version. When I first purchased both programs over a year ago I never got around to actually installing the software products. Now I'm trying to install both programs but I need a registration code for each program. But I can't get hold of the software seller. Would anyone know how I could get in contact with the software developer for the Pro Handicap Wizard 4.0? Any help or information anyone could possibly provide me would be greatly appreciated.
When you purchased the software didn't they provide you with the registration code?
Depending on the Software vendor they would normally provide the information in an email.

If you check some of the older posts there was a person who was doing some programming for the Pro Handicap Wizard 4.0 software. Perhaps he could provide some assistance.
Kbatch57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2021, 12:22 AM   #27
ezhillatl

I have the code

I have the code of that
ezhillatl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2022, 07:45 AM   #28
Honest Abe

Handicap Wizard is Back

The Handicapwizard site is now active again.

The positive comments here about the software are appreciated.
Honest Abe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2023, 12:31 PM   #29
Honest Abe

The results of this program speak for itself. Feel free to check the website under HW Handicapping for recent results. It did well in the recent Triple Crown races with its results and had the tri-fecta order correct with its top three selections in the Florida Derby. The program is much more than Monte Carlo simulation, which itself is quite sophisticated. What it does better than any other program is provide accurate win probabilities of horses based on the results of the simulation and exponential smoothing (allowing more weight to be given to more recent results) and a win percentage calculation that adjusts for the stakes amounts of races. By having these calculations one can evaluate whether a horse is over, fairly or undervalued by comparing its total win probability to the implied win probability in the live odds. The program also uses color coding to indicate strength and weakness in the individual speed metrics as well as programmable limits to identify horses that meet superior statistical values with the speed data. The program was developed by a MBA graduate from Indiana University with assistance from a former graduate professor of business statistics at Indiana, who himself is a graduate in mathematics from MIT. You won't find a better program as far as the math of horse racing. The strategy book sold on the website explains the program and the math behind it in greater detail.

Last edited by Honest Abe; 06-30-2023 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-30-2023, 01:54 PM   #30
Honest Abe

Here is the professor that contributed to the program.

https://excelwithwayne.com/microsoft-excel-expert-bio/

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9HIU71VZNo&ab_channel=BryanChu"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: