Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-05-2020, 12:33 AM   #16
Actor
Librocubicularist

Read The Naked Sun by Isaac Asimov. That kind of lockdown would definitely work.

https://www.amazon.com/Naked-Sun-Rob...s=books&sr=1-2
Old 12-05-2020, 12:55 AM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
The CDC information I referenced was very early on. I actually became aware of it because I had several of my staff clamoring for masks. My response was and is to follow CDC guidance. At the time (early-March) the CDC guidance was different. In fact they changed shortly after. The guidance has been firmly for wearing masks for a long time. Trump could have had a significant influence on people wearing masks had he worn one or verbally supported people wearing one. Instead he mocked them and refused to wear with very few exceptions (I saw him with one in a hospital).

I still say that a lockdown would not work unless it was a real lockdown and people cooperated. If people do not cooperate by wearing a mask, there is no way they will cooperate with a lockdown.

Do you typically wear a mask? Why or why not?
It's almost 2021. Why, in the 21st century, would the CDC be even SLIGHTLY confused about the efficacy of wearing a mask to prevent the spread of ANY virus??

IS ANYONE LISTENING? I mean....THINK! You keep saying LISTEN TO THE SCIENCE. And yet, SCIENCE, in the year 2020, can't even decide whether or not people should wear masks.

I wear a mask in stores and whenever I am around anyone outside of the people who live in my house.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-05-2020 at 12:56 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2020, 02:16 AM   #18
jay68802

Christ PA, you invoked the word "think". Dog's and Cat's will now live together, in harmony.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2020, 06:46 AM   #19
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Let's see. Trump laughed at the lockdowns and the masks, and continued campaigning as usual while unmasked. And he, along with most of his family, got infected by COVID-19. Biden, on the other hand, was quick in putting on his mask...and he remained locked down in his basement during his election campaign. And he has been able to remain virus-free to this day. Therefore...how can I believe that the lockdowns don't work?
Alternative explanation says the virus is not able to attack the feeble minded as well as it can more intelligent humans. Maybe that’s why more republican politicians have gotten it. Also, I have read that the homeless and prostitutes do not catch covid as easily as one might think. That’s probably why Kamala hasn’t gotten it.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #20
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's almost 2021. Why, in the 21st century, would the CDC be even SLIGHTLY confused about the efficacy of wearing a mask to prevent the spread of ANY virus??

IS ANYONE LISTENING? I mean....THINK! You keep saying LISTEN TO THE SCIENCE. And yet, SCIENCE, in the year 2020, can't even decide whether or not people should wear masks.

I wear a mask in stores and whenever I am around anyone outside of the people who live in my house.
It's been a while - it was closer to 2019 than 2021 in March - but my recollection is that the CDC did not know a lot about COVID or countermeasures at the time. Things have evolved a lot since that time. Is that really that hard to believe? Hell, I think at that time we thought this would be over by May 2020, and never imagined that we would be in our current situation, which I think is very serious even if others do not.

for wearing the mask. I too wear one in the same circumstances, but I feel as though I hardly venture out any longer.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #21
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Alternative explanation says the virus is not able to attack the feeble minded as well as it can more intelligent humans. Maybe that’s why more republican politicians have gotten it. Also, I have read that the homeless and prostitutes do not catch covid as easily as one might think. That’s probably why Kamala hasn’t gotten it.
I have always thought that you were much, much better than comments like this tucker6. Even if I do not agree with some of your political views, you seem like a decent person. Posts like this...?
Old 12-05-2020, 12:55 PM   #22
thaskalos

Quote:
I have always thought that you were much, much better than comments like this tucker6. Even if I do not agree with some of your political views, you seem like a decent person. Posts like this...?
It's all in good fun. Tucker6 is okay in my book. As for his political leanings...no one is perfect.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2020, 12:59 PM   #23
tucker6

Quote:
You can’t discern humor? Or attempt at it anyway? I don’t take Internet forum comments that seriously anyway. What bothered you anyway? Sometimes the anger and vitriol on here isn’t real.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:01 PM   #24
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
It's all in good fun. Tucker6 is okay in my book. As for his political leanings...no one is perfect.
Great minds think alike!! It is all in good fun. If you can’t pick on blind people in NY who can you pick on.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #25
hcap

Quote:
There are at least two threads going over this, and many more offshoots. Why was it necessary for you to start another?. Wa Tucker walking on water?

Last edited by hcap; 12-05-2020 at 01:32 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2020, 01:47 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Come on, man. Are you saying Kamala needs to be treated differently than any other politician simply because she is a woman?

That in itself is sexist...I think...
Old 12-05-2020, 01:50 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
There are at least two threads going over this, and many more offshoots. Why was it necessary for you to start another?. Wa Tucker walking on water?
In my opinion, he has been the most honest of ANY of the MSM broadcasters. Despite suffering advertising losses (because of snowflakes on the left who want to see him banned), he continues to call it like he sees it.

So yeah, in terms of MSM broadcasters, he does walk on water.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:17 PM   #28
OntheRail

Quote:
Come on, man. Are you saying Kamala needs to be treated differently than any other politician simply because she is a woman?

No She's a Democrat woman.. they are a protected species. Can't touch that... unless your Willy Brown.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #29
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
You can’t discern humor? Or attempt at it anyway? I don’t take Internet forum comments that seriously anyway. What bothered you anyway? Sometimes the anger and vitriol on here isn’t real.
Maybe tag a in there? I guess what bothered me slightly was that there seemed to be a good discussion going about lockdowns, CDC, etc., and then you came in with that. My perception is that some people, including even perhaps you, have been annoyed at recent conversations that became rude. You weren't rude, but the comment seemed beneath you.

Don't forget that I overall had positive things to say about you!
Old 12-05-2020, 04:32 PM   #30
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:

And here comes Big Mike to turn things around into something they are not. Yeah, that's me, the sexist.