Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-26-2020, 04:36 PM   #6346
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
boxcar has made the claim that the Bible was written over a period of centuries by a great many authors. This is false. The Old Testament was written in Babylon in the 6th century B.C.E. over a period of about 50 years by a small group of authors.

In particular the creation story of Genesis is Babylonian. Adam and Eve never existed. Biologists tell us that it takes 1000 reproducing couples for a species to have enough genetic diversity to survive, ergo, we are not the progeny of just one reproducing couple. The Eden story is fiction.
Wow.. Really? I'll have to look into that some day.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:37 PM   #6347
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Not really that long ago! You had your chance to "strike while the iron is hot" but you preferred to exchange ad hominem attacks with hcap. By the way, such attacks are in violation of this site's terms of service.

But no matter. I don't have to address all my comments to you. I can address my comments to a much wider audience.
Good idea. Address them to the world. You'll have the pleasure of knowing that you're tickling a lot ears.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:11 PM   #6348
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Wow.. Really? I'll have to look into that some day.
You do that. Let us know what you find.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:13 PM   #6349
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Good idea. Address them to the world. You'll have the pleasure of knowing that you're tickling a lot ears.
What's a "lot ears"?

Last edited by Actor; 11-26-2020 at 06:16 PM.
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #6350
TJDave

A group of men shouting "Christ is King" and "America First" destroyed a new monolith and replaced it with a wooden cross.

In the video, a group of three men are seen pushing the statue over and chanting "America First" and "Christ is King." The men, one of whom was wearing a "Make America Great Again" headband, called part of the monolith's construction "gay" then replaced it monolith with a wooden cross.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpj...o-space-aliens
Old 12-03-2020, 04:04 PM   #6351
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
A group of men shouting "Christ is King" and "America First" destroyed a new monolith and replaced it with a wooden cross.

In the video, a group of three men are seen pushing the statue over and chanting "America First" and "Christ is King." The men, one of whom was wearing a "Make America Great Again" headband, called part of the monolith's construction "gay" then replaced it monolith with a wooden cross.

Don't think that's much worse than Boxcar's rants of how all who don't believe in his version of Christianity are going to be marshmallow toast.

And how God only loves "certain people" his "elect". Talk about racism. Boxcar has institutionalized it in religion and others have weaponized it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 04:08 PM   #6352
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

Sounds like an Onion piece...it's also weird how all the racist slogans and sayings from one group of "statue-topplers" is covered ad-nauseum (including the headline), while the racist slogans and sayings from this past summer's "statue-topplers" were never covered by Vice.

All part of The Great Cuckening I suppose...
Old 12-03-2020, 04:33 PM   #6353
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Sounds like an Onion piece...it's also weird how all the racist slogans and sayings from one group of "statue-topplers" is covered ad-nauseum (including the headline), while the racist slogans and sayings from this past summer's "statue-topplers" were never covered by Vice.

All part of The Great Cuckening I suppose...
Maybe. I thought about posting this on the humor/joke thread but couldn’t find it. Besides, this thread is basically the same thing.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #6354
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Don't think that's much worse than Boxcar's rants of how all who don't believe in his version of Christianity are going to be marshmallow toast.

And how God only loves "certain people" his "elect". Talk about racism. Boxcar has institutionalized it in religion and others have weaponized it.
How God God be racist when scripture tell us:

Rev 5:9-10
9 And they sang a new song:

"You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased men for God

from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth."
?
NIV

Explain that to me, genius.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:13 PM   #6355
Light
Veteran

Quote:
How God God be racist when scripture tell us:

Rev 5:9-10
9 And they sang a new song:

"You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased men for God

from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth."
?
NIV

Explain that to me, genius.
I don't say God is racist,you portray him as such. When I say God loves all,you get defensive. You bring out your Biblical race card.

You say things like God's "chosen ones" and "the elect" and "Jesus only died for his people, not the world". etc. Like Jesus is some "cult leader"

Your interpretation of the Bible fuels the hate that TJDave pointed to. If these "white supremacist" knew that God and Jesus frowned on their actions, that "Love your neighbor" really meant that, instead of your Biblical racism, they would have the "fear of God" that you always say I lack. That may refrain them.

But these people are like you in that they weaponize God. There is no actual experience of love between them and God. They don't have an ounce of discipline in their religion. Therefore anything goes.

Pure ego in the name of God.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 08:34 PM   #6356
thaskalos

Quote:
I don't say God is racist,you portray him as such. When I say God loves all,you get defensive. You bring out your Biblical race card.

You say things like God's "chosen ones" and "the elect" and "Jesus only died for his people, not the world". etc. Like Jesus is some "cult leader"

Your interpretation of the Bible fuels the hate that TJDave pointed to. If these "white supremacist" knew that God and Jesus frowned on their actions, that "Love your neighbor" really meant that, instead of your Biblical racism, they would have the "fear of God" that you always say I lack. That may refrain them.

But these people are like you in that they weaponize God. There is no actual experience of love between them and God. They don't have an ounce of discipline in their religion. Therefore anything goes.

Don't blame Boxcar. He is a "cafeteria Christian"...who picks and chooses whichever Christian doctrine suits his temperament at the particular time. "Do not resist evil", Jesus said...but Boxcar leaves that alone, as he defends his "spiritual warfare" against the 'unbelievers". I asked him a long time ago, when Boxcar was defending our "right to bear arms"...what Jesus's opinion might have been when it came to "gun possession" and 'self defense'. Predictably...I never got an answer, because the right answer didn't align with his personal views.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #6357
boxcar

Quote:

No, you played the race card, you fool. I never even remotely hinted about race. But for you to even make the slightest hint that the doctrine of Unconditional Election is race-based shows just how little you understand God.

1 Sam 16:7
7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
NIV

The Son of God died for only his chosen people throughout the world! That's exactly what Revelation 5 is teaching! But you're so blind that you cannot see it. Therefore, it's not a contradiction to say that God "so loved the world, i.e. men, women and children of every tribe, nation, people and tongue. God can in that limited sense indeed love the world and sacrifice his Son for the world, just not in the distributive sense. There's not one biblical text that says that Jesus Christ died for each and every person on the planet. Not one!

Moreover, the bible everywhere teaches that grace is a gift of God. Since when is anyone morally obligated to freely give a gift to anyone!? You are totally clueless about what grace means and what a gift means.

For your info, none of Christ's apostles chose him! Not one of them! He sovereignly chose each and every one of them! Listen to what your "best friend" had to say about his disciples:

John 15:16
16 You did not choose me , but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit — fruit that will last
NIV

And Jesus when He instituted the New Covenant at the Last Supper, did not say that he would shed his blood for everyone on the planet. Again, listen to what your "best friend" said:

Matt 26:27-28
27 [i]Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.[/b]
NIV

Many doesn't = all.

Why can't you believe your "best friend"? I'll tell you why: Because your real [spiritual] father is the Evil One! Him you believe, but not Jesus. Jesus told the Pharisees that they could not believe him because they had not the love of God in them. Neither do you!
Old 12-03-2020, 09:29 PM   #6358
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Don't blame Boxcar. He is a "cafeteria Christian"...who picks and chooses whichever Christian doctrine suits his temperament at the particular time. "Do not resist evil", Jesus said...but Boxcar leaves that alone, as he defends his "spiritual warfare" against the 'unbelievers". I asked him a long time ago, when Boxcar was defending our "right to bear arms"...what Jesus's opinion might have been when it came to "gun possession" and 'self defense'. Predictably...I never got an answer, because the right answer didn't align with his personal views.
You're lying. I gave answers to that kind of question on multiple occasions.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:33 PM   #6359
boxcar

Quote:

Here stuff this verse up your ego and choke on it:

Rom 9:13
13 Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
NIV
Old 12-03-2020, 09:42 PM   #6360
thaskalos

Quote:
You're lying. I gave answers to that kind of question on multiple occasions.
Maybe I missed it. And the answer was...?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply