Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-20-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
Ocala Mike

Lewandowski Out of Trump's Campaign

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/us...rump.html?_r=0

Does this signal the "pivot" we've all been anticipating, or is it yet another wheel coming off?
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #2
reckless
Veteran

Paul Manafort has been running Trump's campaign for a few months now. How do you think there was that 1-2 weeks of a Trump love-fest with many GOP pooh-bahs endorsing him and proclaiming unity in the party? Manafort's 'office' is in The Donald's office in Trump Tower. They are together all day long there. Manafort is a real pro too - a pro's pro.

Trump was loyal to Lewandowski from Day One because he (Cory) orchestrated the upset primary win in NH that started the Trump Train to roll.

All the very negative Trump talk this past week all seemed in conclude with some knock on the ground-game, or lack thereof. A few said winning the nomination is different than winning a national campaign, which is true. This chatter made it easy for Trump to 'fire' Cory. But as I said, Cory was really fired many weeks ago.

All you liberals and Trump haters better enjoy the next few days because as of right now Trump begins his march to the sea -- actually the sea being Chesapeake River, lol, lol -- as the road to the White House is much clearer and nearer.

Hillary, Obama, Biden and lying Lizzie Warren are now toast, each despicable one of them.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/us...rump.html?_r=0

Does this signal the "pivot" we've all been anticipating, or is it yet another wheel coming off?
Smart move by Trump; for a house divided cannot stand.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #4
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Smart move by Trump; for a house divided cannot stand.

Drumpf:

March 29 - “It would be the easiest thing to say, Corey, you’re fired,”I can’t do that. I can’t destroy a man, he has a beautiful wife and I am not going to destroy a man for that.”

June 20 - "You're fired! " (Back up the bus, forwards & backwards, more than once)

Lewandowski on CNN: " I have no idea why I was fired."

Gotta give it to him. He is one true believer, nothing but a Kool Aid, Trumpette zealot!

Last edited by Rookies; 06-20-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies

Drumpf:

March 29 - “It would be the easiest thing to say, Corey, you’re fired,”I can’t do that. I can’t destroy a man, he has a beautiful wife and I am not going to destroy a man for that.”

June 20 - "You're fired! " (Back up the bus, forwards & backwards, more than once)

Lewandowski on CNN: " I have no idea why I was fired."

Gotta give it to him. He is one true believer, nothing but a Kool Aid, Trumpette zealot!
Still a smart move since there is internal dissension. Business is business. Get over it, already. Ain't nuttin' personal.

Furthermore, if Lew has no idea why he was fired, then he definitely was not the right man for the home stretch run.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #6
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Still a smart move since there is internal dissension. Business is business. Get over it, already. Ain't nuttin' personal.

Furthermore, if Lew has no idea why he was fired, then he definitely was not the right man for the home stretch run.

He does. That was just totally disengenuous and a complete eat my weapon moment.

Simply, the ultimate foot soldier.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:10 PM   #7
redshift1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
All you liberals and Trump haters better enjoy the next few days because as of right now Trump begins his march to the sea -- actually the sea being Chesapeake River, lol, lol -- as the road to the White House is much clearer and nearer.

Hillary, Obama, Biden and lying Lizzie Warren are now toast, each despicable one of them.
Its more akin to Captain Ahab tossing Queequeg overboard the Pequod.

redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 04:15 PM   #8
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1
Its more akin to Captain Ahab tossing Queequeg overboard the Pequod.

Or Howdy icing Clarabell.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #9
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
He does. That was just totally disengenuous and a complete eat my weapon moment.

Simply, the ultimate foot soldier.
So, get yourself a crying towel and weep for this "ultimate foot soldier".
Old 06-20-2016, 07:24 PM   #10
Ocala Mike

Like Trump, I hear a lot of things on the internet. Here are a couple:

1. Lewandowski can't bad mouth Trump about his firing because he signed some kind of an agreement with him giving the Donald the right to sue him if there's any bad-mouthing.

2. Trump's children and children-in-laws were instrumental in the firing. So, I guess if HRC gets elected, we only have to worry about Bill's influence, but if DJT gets in, well.......you get the picture.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #11
Clocker

Quote:

1. Lewandowski can't bad mouth Trump about his firing because he signed some kind of an agreement with him giving the Donald the right to sue him if there's any bad-mouthing.

2. Trump's children and children-in-laws were instrumental in the firing. So, I guess if HRC gets elected, we only have to worry about Bill's influence, but if DJT gets in, well.......you get the picture.
The stories I read said the same thing about the family. Apparently the Trump family is very involved with the campaign and Donald was the only one that liked him. Fortune magazine says that Ivanka gave Donald an ultimatum, Corey went or she left.

Which brings up the speculation that Trump got rid of him to keep peace in the family and gave him a big package to keep him mouth shut.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/20/ivanka-trump-lewandowski/
Old 06-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #12
Greyfox

Quote:

That is strictly speculative and possibly b.s.
Publicly bad mouthing your former employer is not a wise practice any ways.
If he were to do that, who would ever hire him down the road knowing that he might bad mouth them someday too?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 08:02 PM   #13
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
That is strictly speculative and possibly b.s.
Publicly bad mouthing your former employer is not a wise practice any ways.
If he were to do that, who would ever hire him down the road knowing that he might bad mouth them someday too?
You certainly don't do it in the heat of the moment. Revenge is a dish best served cold. You save it for the tell-all book later.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:10 PM   #14
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
You certainly don't do it in the heat of the moment. Revenge is a dish best served cold. You save it for the tell-all book later.
In this situation, I believe both Ocala Mike (with the suggestion of a signed no tell, legal agreement) & you- are both correct!

Lot$a Ca$h to be made down the road.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:20 PM   #15
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Another fallout Michael Caputo - Trump's NY campaign director for his tweet ....

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/20/donal...owski-nyt.html

Everyone now appears to be mum or afraid to comment ....

Quote:
... A representative for the Republican National Committee declined to comment to NBC on Lewandowski.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: