Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #4516
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______
Trump's assertion that he only ever received a $1 million "loan" from his father isn't true but neither is Rubio's claim that he inherited $200 million.

His fathers estate was worth $200 million when he died and as one of five siblings he likely received on the order of $40 million.
Put any number you want or need to dismiss Donald Trump's success.

Never have I ever come across a bunch of people that regularly demeaned and minimized a person's success as many have on here against Trump.

Could you provide the expertise on the numerous mansions --there are a few-- owned by the Clinton's that were actually purchased by Democrat money bag man Terry McAuliffe? Hillary said they were dead broke when they left the White House, yet they 'buy' a mansion in the toney hamlet of Chappaqua, NY. How did that happen?

Barry Obama.... he was paid peanuts as a Community Organizier... earned a small salary increase when elected to the IL. state house... again, no real money, yet, he 'buys' a million-dollar home in a tonier section of Chicago. How did that happen?

How about the names of the Wall Street hedge fund goniffs that not only bought Marco Rubio's house, but actually bought, paid for and now own Marco Rubio himself!

Personally, I don't care if you continue your anti-Trump rhethoric right on through to Election Day. Most of this thread --about 300 pages-- are a veritable hate fest knocking Trump anyway so you're not alone in that regard.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 07:17 PM   #4517
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless

Never have I ever come across a bunch of people that regularly demeaned and minimized a person's success as many have on here against Trump.

Could you provide the expertise on the numerous mansions --there are a few-- owned by the Clinton's that were actually purchased by Democrat money bag man Terry McAuliffe? Hillary said they were dead broke when they left the White House, yet they 'buy' a mansion in the toney hamlet of Chappaqua, NY. How did that happen?

Barry Obama.... he was paid peanuts as a Community Organizier... earned a small salary increase when elected to the IL. state house... again, no real money, yet, he 'buys' a million-dollar home in a tonier section of Chicago. How did that happen?

How about the names of the Wall Street hedge fund goniffs that not only bought Marco Rubio's house, but actually bought, paid for and now own Marco Rubio himself!

Personally, I don't care if you continue your anti-Trump rhethoric right on through to Election Day. Most of this thread --about 300 pages-- are a veritable hate fest knocking Trump anyway so you're not alone in that regard.
I thought I was being fairly even handed in my equal criticism of fantastical numbers presented by both Trump and Rubio.

I have never personally minimized Trump's success as a businessman.

I don't question that an unleashed id disqualifies anyone from success in sports or business. I'm not sure that quality is necessarily something we should look for in our political leaders.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 07:53 PM   #4518
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless

Yes.
We should never forget that Trump had to work his way up
from being born a millionaire. Indeed, that $2-3 billion he is
currently worth following his "triumphant" business exploits
could probably have been doubled, or tripled, had he
merely sat back and watched the funds grow in most
any reasonable investment fund over the decades.

The man is a blowhard, and not all that successful.
His supporters like to think he is highly accomplished.
Fits their image of the man, rather than being the truth.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #4519
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Really? Moneywise he's been far more successful than me.

Tell us how your success horses4courses compares to his if he's not all that successful.
You must be doing really well, eh?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 08:16 PM   #4520
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Happy 58th Birthday Big Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Yes.
We should never forget that Trump had to work his way up
from being born a millionaire. Indeed, that $2-3 billion he is
currently worth following his "triumphant" business exploits
could probably have been doubled, or tripled, had he
merely sat back and watched the funds grow in most
any reasonable investment fund over the decades.

His supporters like to think he is highly accomplished.
Fits their image of the man, rather than being the truth.
All this Trump talk must make you real hungry....

https://sandwichtalk.files.wordpress...boy-statue.jpg
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 08:20 PM   #4521
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
All this Trump talk must make you real hungry....

https://sandwichtalk.files.wordpress...boy-statue.jpg

Well, thank you very much!
Heading out soon - reservations for 6pm.
I'm afraid there's no BBB in town, though.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 08:22 PM   #4522
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

Trump love

lol..... sheep he loses the general between the Media ( I wonder how many times he will say he is not being treated fairly) & the Clinton Machine he has no chance. So have your fun now just do not complain later.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:28 PM   #4523
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Happy Birthday, horsey~!
Hope your evening is a good time.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:12 PM   #4524
betovernetcapper

In Alice in Wonderland the Red Queen said "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast". In the 10 minutes or so upon waking up, when I'm neither fully awake or still asleep, I often have impossible thoughts. When I'm fully awake, I usually recognize that many of those thoughts disregard the laws of physics or some such and dismiss them.

Trump however says whatever crazy thought that pops into his head. Yesterday he was upset with the NY Times and had this thought "When I'm president, I'll change the liable laws so when a newspaper says something bad about me I can sue them". Now we all have crazy thoughts from time to time, but most of us don't express them.Trump however, in front of God & CNN & the entire planet put this out as one of his programs. Evidently he's never heard of the 1st Amendment.

As to his endorsement from Christy, his (CC) record on 2nd amendment issues in New Jersey is deplorable. I find the man a hypocrite.

If there is a God, Trump will be in jail for the Trump University fraud & Clinton will join him for emails or taking bribes or whatever.

Should one of them be elected, they are so polarizing, the good news is that nothing will be done for four years. In a democracy you can win with 50% of the votes plus one. In order to govern however at least 30% of the population has to be at least ambivalent to you. That is too high a bar for either of them.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 11:23 PM   #4525
newtothegame

Reckless,
Don't worry about all the nay sayers.......

This is the best damn election I have seen in my lifetime.

Trump has the liberals heads exploding. Oprah, and several others have said they will leave the country if he is elected.... So much for them being for democracy lol.

The media has attempted to tear down Trump at every turn.....and he laughs in their faces and all the while gains support.

The GOP, which made him sign a pledge, has thrown everything at him that they can possibly come up with......and he tosses them aside as if its child's play.

Ex president of Mexico is even dropping F bombs in regards to trump and he smacks them with "it just got another ten feet taller"...lol

The pope has even tried to take a shot at Trump.......

The dems, the GOP establishment, the ex pres of mexico, the media, all the Washington insiders are doing everything possible.....one should ask themselves WHY????? WHY is there so much being pushed against Trump and why isn't it working?????

In short, they have everything to lose!!! Trump, regardless of what you think about the guy, no one has been able to say he doesn't love America. That's the one thing I have not heard one person say. He has the support of the people who are sick and tired of the Washington corruption.

Trump just happened along at the right time and at the right place. He isn't the smartest, or most politically correct, has had some flaws in his business world, along with other flaws I am sure.....Ohhhh wait, that makes him ONE OF US!!!

What we are seeing is a revolution of sorts. This is one party being taken on by the people who they are supposed to be there to serve. This is something not many get to witness. I personally am loving it!!!! My candidate is fading faster then bleached jeans. I would be surprised if he won his own state of TX lol.

Here's the GOP's last out...If Trump has another strong showing on Super Tuesday (and at this point, it sure looks that way), they will possibly try a brokered or contested convention. Boy, wont that be a blast!!! It will legitimately be the people versus the insiders. I would imagine that almost every incumbent would (and should be soiling themselves).

There are a few smart ones who are trying to get on Trump's side though. They may be spared.

Hillary has a slim shot in my opinion. Her email scandal, and Benghazi, and her barely escaping sniper fire in Bosnia, have to give her some credibility....

I am loving every minute of this....all Washington politicians should be on notice.....WE THE PEOPLE, WILL TAKE BACK THAT WHICH IS OURS...ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!!

Lastly, I would add that although this has been coming for sometime, we have the DEMS to thank! Obama and his cronies have set America on its heels and woken up a fire within most. How else could a worn out ole hippie even be a possibility????? lmao

Again, thanks to Obama for doing one very very good thing.......Waking people UP!!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 11:48 PM   #4526
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
A fake university?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvaaeHP9xtQ

Even I can't bet on this loser
Racetrack Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 11:49 PM   #4527
johnhannibalsmith

I liked reading the last two posts.

for you and for you.

edited because one snuck in there while hitting submit... newt and betnetcapper that is. Maybe the next one too. Haven't readi t yet.

-Robert James Smith, 1989

Last edited by johnhannibalsmith; 02-27-2016 at 11:50 PM.
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2016, 12:35 AM   #4528
Stillriledup
Veteran

All you guys better get ready to kiss.

Trumps.

Ring.

Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2016, 01:21 AM   #4529
riskman

NTTG a very sharp post. It outlines some important facts on why many GOP voters are leaning towards Trump. Personally, I am enjoying all the chaos that is happening this primary season and look forward to a extremely lively campaign if Trump heads the GOP ticket. Let the fireworks fly. The republic will survive and hopefully we will be better off for it
Old 02-28-2016, 01:33 AM   #4530
redshift1

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame

Hillary has a slim shot in my opinion.
Trump VS Clinton in presidential election

The bettings sites see it differently with Clinton at about 70% and Trump well behind. Sure there's a chance Trump could win but in what world is a decisive
lead a "slim shot".

redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply