Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #106
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
you got any numbers for the big 2 races today?
Not yet, I'll post when I do.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #107
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sericm
What's the problem. Of course Secretariat's Wood was a big upset but Uncle Mo is no Secretariat and for Durkin to even mention it only makes Durkin an idiot.

Just because the suckers in New York made this horse 1/9 didn't put him in Secretariat's class.

Uncle Mo has always been overhyped the best three year old is THE FACTOR, because unlike Pletcher, Baffert knows how to get a horse ready for the Derby.
Answer the question asked next time. I take it since you didn't, then you must agree with Durkin.

All hat, no cattle = Sericm
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #108
redshift1

Quote:
What's the problem. Of course Secretariat's Wood was a big upset but Uncle Mo is no Secretariat and for Durkin to even mention it only makes Durkin an idiot.

Just because the suckers in New York made this horse 1/9 didn't put him in Secretariat's class.

Uncle Mo has always been overhyped the best three year old is THE FACTOR, because unlike Pletcher, Baffert knows how to get a horse ready for the Derby.
Your sawing the limb on the wrong side.
redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #109
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:

I'll try this a little differently: in what Wood Memorial was there a greater upset since 1973, when Secretariat lost?
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #110
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
because unlike Pletcher, Baffert knows how to get a horse ready for the Derby.
I guess you were asleep last year. Just so you know, Pletcher won the 2010 Kentucky Derby.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #111
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Not yet, I'll post when I do.
I'm on vacation right now and don't have access to my stuff but just based on memory and some basic calculations from the charts, they are utterly abysmal for Gr 1. I think the Bay Shore and Comely speed figures will both come back stronger than the Wood, which I think could be sub-90. And the SA Derby # won't be much different-- low 90's is what I'm guessing. And unlike the Fla Derby, the pace numbers won't be much different from the speed figs.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #112
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
because unlike Pletcher, Baffert knows how to get a horse ready for the Derby.
Put Calvin up and pray for rain.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #113
Jasonm921

Quote:

"In the most shocking defeat in the Wood Memorial since Secretariat himself"

He may not be Secretariat....(wont know until his career is over) but find me a bigger upset in the Wood Memorial from 1974-2010.

On a side note...nice to see Aqueduct with a nice crowd (12,000 announced). The downside....They were all squeezed into a clubhouse that is designed to hold 5-7,000 people.

Last edited by Jasonm921; 04-10-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Jasonm921 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #114
redshift1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1
Your sawing the limb on the wrong side.
Correction:
You're not your
redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2011, 02:21 AM   #115
Sericm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I guess you were asleep last year. Just so you know, Pletcher won the 2010 Kentucky Derby.
No I wasn't asleep last year. He lucked into it last year and it was what once in 20+ tries.

How many victories in Triple Crown Races does Baffert have, I'll take one of his horses over a Pletcher any day of the week.
Sericm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2011, 02:22 AM   #116
Jasonm921

My photos from the Wood Memorial and earlier stake races are up. Enjoy. http://www.flickr.com/photos/easygoer/
Old 04-10-2011, 02:25 AM   #117
Sericm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonm921
"In the most shocking defeat in the Wood Memorial since Secretariat himself"

He may not be Secretariat....(wont know until his career is over) but find me a bigger upset in the Wood Memorial from 1974-2010.

On a side note...nice to see Aqueduct with a nice crowd (12,000 announced). The downside....They were all squeezed into a clubhouse that is designed to hold 5-7,000 people.
The only reason this was an upset was a Horse that hadn't been tested this year and was strictly hype was 1/9 by the fools who bet him down.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:31 AM   #118
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonm921
My photos from the Wood Memorial and earlier stake races are up. Enjoy. http://www.flickr.com/photos/easygoer/
Always a treat to see your well-crafted work.

Much obliged.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2011, 02:46 AM   #119
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

There is no problem. You made another stupid post. You were asked a few times to clarify it and you can't. Nothing new here.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2011, 04:37 AM   #120
Sericm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
There is no problem. You made another stupid post. You were asked a few times to clarify it and you can't. Nothing new here.
I thought I clarified perfectly when I said fools who bet that horse down to 1-9 when he isn't that much of a horse, didn't make it an upset.

And you know what I'm tired of you and Pace's snide remarks so take this forum and shove it up a-- and f--- you both.