Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-20-2011, 01:10 AM   #346
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

And I love how Zen detractors are labeled "crazed."

But who exactly are the ones who can't deal with a difference of opinion? Is it crazy to storm off of a message board and never return simply because there are those who don't agree with you about Zenyatta and her place in history?

Those, to me, are the really crazed folks. The INTOLERANT ones. THE ARROGANT ones.

But it's the ones who who sit here and continually attempt to bathe the masses in FACTS (and no, not the SPEED FIGURE kind of facts...we don't really need those kinds of facts) that are labeled "crazed."

How utterly odd.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:59 AM   #347
letswastemoney

I agree, it's the forced appreciation I can't stand, not by the sensible Zenyatta fans, but by the radical ones that tell people "if you're not a fan of Zenyatta by now, you just don't know horse racing."

Okayy I've been watching horse racing for 20 years, but I guess according to some radicals I don't know anything.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2011, 02:01 AM   #348
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

But who exactly are the ones who can't deal with a difference of opinion? Is it crazy to storm off of a message board and never return simply because there are those who don't agree with you about Zenyatta and her place in history?

Those, to me, are the really crazed folks. The INTOLERANT ones. THE ARROGANT ones.

But it's the ones who who sit here and continually attempt to bathe the masses in FACTS (and no, not the SPEED FIGURE kind of facts...we don't really need those kinds of facts) that are labeled "crazed."

How utterly odd.
Zenyatta's place in history is stamped in stone, and they can't take that away from her no matter how many angry little dwarfs at some internet message board try to. I think 'crazed' is a strong word, maybe it has something to do with being sore losers. I didnt see one 'congrats z' post from anyone who was backing blame, all i saw was crying, moaning and whining.

Cheese anyone?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #349
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

How utterly odd.
No, we're crazed and angry little dwarfs because we didn't say "congrats Z". You know, because she posts here (or at least reads the board) and needs the affirmation from strangers.

Or maybe that's someone else that posts here that needs the affirmation. Hard to tell sometimes. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go make a "Go Tapizar" sign and help out the sport.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #350
bigmack

Quote:

How utterly odd.
Equally peculiar at this point is a continuation of this subject. You, more than most, know that any schmoe with a pulse can register and post here. Oftentimes, without the slightest idea of what they're talking about. If there was one thing I empathized with your camp it's that you were debating with no shortage of the underinformed.

HowEvah...At this point I think your frustration would be better suited to the voters who ignorantly voted for "the wrong horse" and made a mockery of the award, the history of the game & the factors of import in making a sound decision.

A continuation of the same old back & forth here seems to plant on the all too familiar, "You don't get it" - "You have no idea what you're talking about" sentiment.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2011, 03:31 AM   #351
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Equally peculiar at this point is a continuation of this subject.
Look, a subject will continue until it doesn't anymore. Plain and simple. Threads live and die by their participants.

How many times are you going to question why? I've lost count at this point.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #352
bigmack

Quote:
How many times are you going to question why? I've lost count at this point.
I'll guess 3. How high do you count?

Just thought I'd point out that "the participants" might not be up to your standards of debate. Just a guess.
Quote:
I dare some of you to go back and read what you've written in this thread and NOT walk away at least slightly disturbed by your simpleton thought process.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2011, 04:33 AM   #353
Charlie D

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
OMG...did you really say that

Yes, because thats what i do, i state FACTS

Not one exceptional performance, there are no 135, no 140 performances in 20 races

This is a FACT, but you and others choose to ignore the FACTS and play FANTASY, thats ok though, it's your choice. But please don't treat me as some clueless muppet who can not tell a 135 performer from 128 from 120 from 110 from 90 and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Charlie D; 01-20-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2011, 05:03 AM   #354
Sericm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D
Yes, because thats what i do, i state FACTS

Not one exceptional performance, there are no 135, no 140 performances in 20 races

This is a FACT, but you and others choose to ignore the FACTS and play FANTASY, thats ok though, it's your choice. But please don't treat me as some clueless muppet who can not tell a 135 performer from 128 from 120 from 110 from 90 and so on.

Thanks in advance.
A FACT stated by a fool is a FALLACY. And only a fool would make a statement that you did. Zenyatta ran in three breeders cup winning 2 races and losing the third by a short nose. Those are exceptional performances.
Sericm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2011, 05:17 AM   #355
Charlie D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sericm
A FACT stated by a fool is a FALLACY. And only a fool would make a statement that you did. Zenyatta ran in three breeders cup winning 2 races and losing the third by a short nose. Those are exceptional performances.

You state something about Z and you are either a FOOL, CLUELESS, BLIND, DON'T GET IT etc etc. What is the point of contributing anything to the discussion when this happens.

Not one exceptional performance as any competent handicapper will tell you.

THIS IS A FACT. TRUTH.

People are choosing to ignore the FACTS AND TRUTHS in this case. Which is mighty strange seeing they don't seem to in other instances.

Last edited by Charlie D; 01-20-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:31 AM   #356
Charlie D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup

Wow.

Nothing of value to offer in reply except this.

Show me and the other competent handicappers the exceptional performance or performance we have missed instead of this BS.

Produce evidence and FACTS instead of this BS

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Charlie D; 01-20-2011 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:36 AM   #357
Charlie D

If i asked for evidence and FACTS about Big Red, Cigar, Sea The Stars, Zarkava "special" performances they would be produced, but in Z's case all we get is BS and Fantasy.

Interesting imho.

Last edited by Charlie D; 01-20-2011 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM   #358
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Nothing of value to offer in reply except this.

Show me and the other competent handicappers the exceptional performance or performance we have missed instead of this BS.

Produce evidence and FACTS instead of this BS

Thanks in advance
Chuck, you broke me up big time, i'm still laughing. I LOL'd if you really want to know.

How about you define for us what an 'exceptional performance' is....tell us what you feel is exceptional?
Old 01-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #359
Charlie D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Chuck, you broke me up big time, i'm still laughing. I LOL'd if you really want to know.

How about you define for us what an 'exceptional performance' is....tell us what you feel is exceptional?

I think i already have in previous posts and Z does not seem to have one.

win streaks does not mean you are of exceptional ability as Peppers Pride proved, winning Graded races does not mean you are of exceptional ability as you guys keep pointing out with Haynesfield and QR and Blame

So to be considered an exceptional performer you must have to post an exceptional figure, be it Sheet, T'Graph, Beyer, CJ, Timeform etc etc.

Last edited by Charlie D; 01-20-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:05 AM   #360
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
I think i already have in previous posts and Z does not seem to have one.

win streaks does not mean you are of exceptional ability as Peppers Pride proved, winning Graded races does not mean you are of exceptional ability as you guys keep pointing out with Haynesfield and QR and Blame

So to be considered an exceptional performer you must have to post an exceptional figure, be it Sheet, T'Graph, Beyer, CJ, Timeform etc etc.
What do you consider an exceptional sheet/tg figure? What's an exceptional Beyer?

Supposedly, QR has the most exceptional sheet number in history and Z beat him by many lengths in the BCC. Is beating a horse who ran a -7 on the sheets an exceptional performance? Seems like you can make a case that it is.