Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
Cholly

David Jacobson

I see that today he claimed a horse for 62.5K out of a GP OC/N2x. And I believe it was last week he took a horse off Pletcher for 75, also in a OC/N2X.

The credit crisis doesn't seem to be affecting him...or whoever it is that backs him.
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
notsosuperagent

The best is when he privately purchases a horse for 20K and runs the horse for half of that first time out. Talk about going to the window with confidence.
notsosuperagent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
onefast99

The claiming game isnt dead by any means. There are a lot of decent horses out there, I just dont think the better horses will run until a week or two before and after the Florida derby. That is when a lot of barns try to get rid of the ones they feel wont make it out of a claiming event.
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
boomman

The claiming game

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
The claiming game isnt dead by any means. There are a lot of decent horses out there, I just dont think the better horses will run until a week or two before and after the Florida derby. That is when a lot of barns try to get rid of the ones they feel wont make it out of a claiming event.
Thats for sure! I heard Trevor announce claim after claim in one race at Santa Anita yesterday.............

Boomer
Old 02-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
jotb

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsosuperagent
The best is when he privately purchases a horse for 20K and runs the horse for half of that first time out. Talk about going to the window with confidence.
Please tell me the name of one horse that Jacobson purchased privately, cut in half, and then win next out because, I can't think of anytime he's ever done this. Maybe you meant to say when he claims horses.

Joe
jotb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomman
Thats for sure! I heard Trevor announce claim after claim in one race at Santa Anita yesterday.............

Boomer
I saw that yesterday on the replay show. One race had 3-4 claimed and they all finished off the board...............
Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomman

Boomer
There is a horse shortage in California, so the guys have to keep claiming to get runners.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
onefast99

Thats interesting I got25 cuts on GG horses that are for sale
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2009, 06:16 AM   #9
notsosuperagent

Raceland for one.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
jotb

Quote:
Raceland for one.
Jacobson never won with this horse. This was Pompa's horse trained by Pat Reynolds. This NY Bred ran 3 times for Jacobson and never hit the board. This horse has not run since April 08 when he finished 4th for 17k. He was entered to run in May 08 at Del for 7500 but that was to make the race go. Jacobson finished 2nd in the race with Don't Knock America which he lost to Pino that day. Try to find another horse because there was no confidence going to the window with this private purchase.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
notsosuperagent

I meant he goes to the window with confidence. That doesn't mean he cashes. Keep an eye on Wanda's Double. What about Blackfoot Trail?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #12
samyn on the green

He purchased Hedge Fund privately from the Phipps a few years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
Please tell me the name of one horse that Jacobson purchased privately, cut in half, and then win next out because, I can't think of anytime he's ever done this. Maybe you meant to say when he claims horses.

Joe
Old 02-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #13
jotb

Quote:
I meant he goes to the window with confidence. That doesn't mean he cashes. Keep an eye on Wanda's Double. What about Blackfoot Trail?
This makes no sense to me. It's the same with Blackfoot Trail. The horse was trained by Wallace Dollase. The last race Blackfoot Trail with Dollase was a CD in a 40k. The first race with Jacobson was a 35KNW2L . How is that cut in half? The horse finished 8th. He's run this horse 6 times and still has not won. Cant's even win a 7500NW2L! Does he still have that same confidence with this one? How much did Jacobson pay for Wanda's Double?

Joe
Old 02-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #14
jotb

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green
He purchased Hedge Fund privately from the Phipps a few years ago.
You are right about Hedge Fund. I don't know how that one got by me. Good job! The only thing we don't know is how much he paid for the horse but the horse did run it's last race for Phipps for a mdn40k. and Jacobson win next time out for a MDN16K. Jacobson lost Hedge Fund that same day.

Joe