Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-10-2018, 01:59 AM   #16
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
After the Thyro-L episode, I truly do not now how you can say that, but whatever. Young horses dying (possibly because they are taking meds for illnesses they don't have and aren't diagnosed with) is a distinction *I* make.

You can have Baffert. Success is defined in different ways by different people, I guess.
You support this sport you have to live with people who play a very fine edge. I have come to accept it. There is a difference between the Scott Lakes and Michael Gill's to guys like Baffert and I would even say a Ron Ellis.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 02:07 AM   #17
clicknow

So back to Gronk.

Let's see where he goes next, and if Brown can improve him.

That would really tell you something more.

Pedigree friend said he was good to almost 14F, which was a whole lot longer than any other horse in the field.

Brown should prep him to run in the BC Classic and if he does well I'll be more on-board with crediting Brown for Gronk. As it stands now, I have to credit Noseda.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 02:30 AM   #18
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
So back to Gronk.

Let's see where he goes next, and if Brown can improve him.

That would really tell you something more.

Pedigree friend said he was good to almost 14F, which was a whole lot longer than any other horse in the field.

Brown should prep him to run in the BC Classic and if he does well I'll be more on-board with crediting Brown for Gronk. As it stands now, I have to credit Noseda.
after rewatching the race again Gronk was the same distance from Justify at the QP as he was at the finish....my suggestion is he should find races without Justify and he will win his fair share. He actually broke fine but just kind of jogged into the first turn, cant do that in american dirt race from 8-9.5 furlongs.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 02:37 AM   #19
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
cant do that in american dirt race from 8-9.5 furlongs.
That is why I suggest longer races for him. 9F and certainly NOT 8F ---- not his distance.

This is the problem bringing stamina laden euros over to race on U.S. dirt as tehre aren't many truly classic distance races carded.

Hope he shows up in Travers and BC Classic, then we can see how he does under new tuteledge. He needs at least 10F, IMHO.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:10 AM   #20
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Last two workouts

Didn’t bet or cap—yesterday makes it 3 years—but those last two workouts showed Brown had him ready to fire.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 07:00 AM   #21
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
My sister hit that exacta. Why she chose Gronkowski? Only 2 reasons:

1. She always plays the #6 ATB and boxes with the favorite.
2. She has been a Patriots fan since 1980.

So that was a given for her. If Gronkowski was another number, she would have picked the #6 and him.

Maaaaaan.... She doesn't even study the ponies and she hits a big one every now and then. She even won with Da'tara. Go figure. She got the last TC winner exacta (AP/Frosted). Even Lemon Drop Kid.

All that time and money and books I've spent and all she does is pick by name and her lucky number.

I should stop for a while. Last lucky season I had was 2004 - I would bet Prado in all G1 stakes. But nada since then. Well, yesterday he had a single mount and that was a nice score.

I probably take this way too seriously and need to step back.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #22
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
You support this sport you have to live with people who play a very fine edge. I have come to accept it.
Oh, I accepted 1,2,3 as a possible freak of nature tragedy. If those horses were under my care, at that point, I would have had the entire barn ripped apart at the seams, and everyone in it--- and had my vets at the table searching for answers to my cluster deaths.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen. We proceeded to see horses 4,5,6,7 drop dead. I don't find anything about this *acceptable*.

We live in a culture that has a large share of syncophants who get starry-eyed over what they view as "success" because TV and talking heads and appearances on talk shows defines what that is for them, so everything must be Okay, right? Winning is everything?
Old 06-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #23
soupman2

1. Won last 4 races
2. Comments on PA that he was bred to run the distance
3. 1st lasix
4. Chad Brown
5. Decent workouts with reports that he was ok with the dirt (don't worry about the dirt/synthetic thing unless the horse shows he does not like the change in surface.)

Only had a small exacta. Would have had more money available if, in my genius, I hadn't pumped a lot on...Restoring flipping Hope.

Bob
soupman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2018, 06:18 PM   #24
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupman2 View Post
1. Won last 4 races
2. Comments on PA that he was bred to run the distance
3. 1st lasix
4. Chad Brown
5. Decent workouts with reports that he was ok with the dirt (don't worry about the dirt/synthetic thing unless the horse shows he does not like the change in surface.)

Only had a small exacta. Would have had more money available if, in my genius, I hadn't pumped a lot on...Restoring flipping Hope.

Bob
I feel you.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:59 PM   #25
n.c

horse

that finished, 2nd, 3rd and 4th all had work outs in New York.
n.c is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #26
classhandicapper

I didn't use Gronk at all and didn't see enough in his PPs to like him, but I did read that he was working in company on dirt with another pretty good dirt horse and more than holding his own. So the thought of using him did cross my mind. Chad Brown is a very smart guy.