Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
bigmack

Daily Lessons from Current Events

So as you may or may not have hoid, Iran & IsReal are in a 'blowing-up' imbroglio. Scientists, emissaries, what have you.

In our latest episode from yessaday, a couple a Iranian nationals were in their crib over in BangKok. (That's the BAngkok overseas)

They're fiddlin' around with a little somethin' called C4 when there was an apparent mishap. Ya know, like, someone sat on it er somethin'. In any event, something blowed up and they have to vamanos. Rapido.

So they split but they have blood all over 'em, ya know, from the blow-up.

On their way out of their crib they grab a couple of grenades. (Never leave home without at least one, I say) They go to hail a cab. Cab drivah sees they're soaked in blood and pulls off. They throw one grenade at cab. Miss.

Cops show up to inVestygate said shenanigans. One of the IRanians sees cops and throws another grenade at cops. Hits a tree, bounces back at him and blows off both of his legs. Kablooey.

He's alive & in custody, sans said appendages.

Daily Lesson #1: Never throw a grenade around trees.

Last edited by bigmack; 02-15-2012 at 10:08 PM.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
johnhannibalsmith

My first thought was that Antonio Prohias was behind it.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Cops show up to inVestygate said shenanigans. One of the IRanians sees cops and throws another grenade at cops. Hits a tree, bounces back at him and blows off both of his legs. Kablooey.

Iran's Funniest Videos, new hit TV show!~

[YT="The Pilot Show"]ClzgWqyFMMQ[/YT]

Last edited by Tom; 02-15-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
bigmack

Daily Lesson #2: If you manage a Starbucks, lower your syrups.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Daily Lesson #2: If you manage a Starbucks, lower your syrups.
Sucks for him because it sounds like a fun place to work.
The interviewer also allegedly made an inappropriate remark about a previous position Pierre held at Victoria Secret, saying to the shift manager, who was also present, 'maybe he can help you find the right bra size.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1maAmrpJy

Old 02-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
johnhannibalsmith

I hate to infringe on your thread with a daily lesson from my own stash... and I wish I could do that cool thing where you paste in an image of the article, because this one is pretty comical...

White's prank started 25 years ago when he got a vanity license plate reading, "NO TAGS." He told NBC4 that he was "Just having fun!" and that "D.C. don't get the joke. They don't get it."

The issue? Each time a car without proper identification is cited for a violation, a DMV employee enters "NO TAGS" into their paperwork. Because White's vanity plate is registered with the District of Columbia's DMV, his name and vehicle appear in the computer's system whenever a "NO TAGS" violation is entered.

This lesson should be obvious - choose those vanity plates wisely.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...000913724.html

Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
This lesson should be obvious - choose those vanity plates wisely.
And make sure the message doesn't conflict with the boss ride.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
HUSKER55

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
And make sure the message doesn't conflict with the boss ride.
I bought an Rx-7 ('80 I think) off a friend after he trashed it in a head-on once for $200. I wish I had a picture of it. It had those pop-up headlights. By 'had', I mean, before the collision it had them. When I got through with the stylish repairs, it had two vintage "cage" style hockey masks wired to the frame to hold each of the lamps in place. Not to mention several other custom repairs that put that Corolla pictured to shame. Drove it like that for over a year without ever getting stopped by the cops. Thank heavens.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
bigmack

Quote:
When I got through with the stylish repairs, it had two vintage "cage" style hockey masks wired to the frame to hold each of the lamps in place.

----------------------------

Daily Lesson #4: If you have split personality syndrome, always read the police blotter. You could be guilty and not know it.

[YT="IStS"]OE_OhddiE_A[/YT]

Last edited by bigmack; 02-17-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
johnhannibalsmith

I've been waiting for today's lesson.

It turns out that the Sheriff of Pinal County in Arizona had a falling out with his significant other not that long ago. The spurned lover made a few allegations which probably wouldn't be a big deal in most cases, but in this scenario, the Sheriff's lover is named Jose. Jose is a male, Mexican immigrant.

Of course, this revelation wouldn't be much of a problem, but unfortunately Sheriff Babeu is a Republican.

"I'm here to say that all the allegations that were in the story were untrue — except for the instance that refers to me as gay," Babeu said. "That's the truth — I am gay."
I'll link the article from Yahoo!. If you can stomach it, scroll to the comments. The folks that would ordinarily be rushing to defend this man as an outed homosexual, supporting him as an effective, admittedly gay public servant, and screaming at anyone that mocked his sexuality -- well, they are in delight mode, mocking his sexuality, loving the fact that he has been outed and it may ruin his career.

http://news.yahoo.com/ariz-sheriff-s...210811315.html

Daily Lesson #5: Defending the civil liberties of minorities is less important than calling those minorities hypocrites if politics are at stake.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
bigmack

Quote:
I've been waiting for today's lesson..
That's a beaut you brought. I'm off to some soiree in Del Mar.

T'will log in latah. Nice lunker catch.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
BlueShoe

Quote:
It turns out that the Sheriff of Pinal County in Arizona had a falling out with his significant other not that long ago. The spurned lover made a few allegations which probably wouldn't be a big deal in most cases, but in this scenario, the Sheriff's lover is named Jose. Jose is a male, Mexican immigrant.

Of course, this revelation wouldn't be much of a problem, but unfortunately Sheriff Babeu is a Republican.
Bit surprised that this topic has not hit this forum in force, it has caused quite a stir in conservative circles. Sheriff Paul Babeu had been considered to be a rising star in the GOP, known for his staunch anti illegal immigration opinions and harsh criticism of the Obama administration for its failure to address the problem. Rather amusing in that the expected critical reaction has come from the left, not from the right. Liberals cannot accept the idea that there are gay persons that are conservative Republicans, the same attitude that the left has toward blacks. Liberals feel that they "own" these groups, and that if they are not liberal Democrats their conduct is scandalous.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #14
johnhannibalsmith

Macking is slacking on this great thread.

Apparently, things suck so bad in Calcutta that the government is finally going to do something about it. For those that don't believe that government can inspire...

Calcutta's chief minister has ordered the city of 14 million residents to be painted sky blue, taking inspiration from the new Indian government's motto, "the sky is the limit." The BBC reports the mandatory changes will affect everything from government and private buildings to local taxis and even historic landmarks.

"From now on, all government buildings, whenever they are re-painted, will be done in sky blue," Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim told The Indian Express newspaper. "The owners of private buildings will also be requested to follow the same colour pattern. The necessary government orders will be issued soon."

Daily Lesson #6: It Turns Out, Government Is NOT Inept At Confronting Pollution, Poverty, and Poor Living Conditions Effectively.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...174017230.html

Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #15
bigmack

Quote:
"I'm here to say that all the allegations that were in the story were untrue — except for the instance that refers to me as gay," Babeu said. "That's the truth — I am gay."
What, with the NYTimes continually, didactically instructing us all to embrace our gay brethren they are the only outlet that posted photos of two men hugging, to ensure the 'smearing' of a gay cop. Oh, AND he's R.
Quote:
The New Times posted a photo provided by the man of the two embracing. It also posted a cellphone self-portrait of a smiling Babeu in his underwear and another of what appears to be the shirtless sheriff in a bathroom, posted on a gay dating website. The man provided the magazine with photos of himself and Babeu and text messages between the two. Babeu didn't deny their authenticity.
This is indeed a crushing blow to grits. (Woid has it she had a thing for 'im)

I think he looks positively Boltenesque.

Latest is that Jose is at least a legal resident and is currently on a working vacation in lovely Palm Springs, CA performing the ChaChaCha Sun-Weds @ Rick's & Bob's & Larry's Sling Joint II.