Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-09-2022, 09:32 PM   #721
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If I were planning a coup...I'd DEFINITELY suggest the National Guard be deployed in the spot where this "coup" was being planned by me.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:34 PM   #722
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If Nancy had welcomed the National Guard on 1/6, how would she have been able to entice all those ruffians to enter the Capitol and cause all the mayhem? How could she have assassinated Ashley Babbitt? How could she lock all those people up for trespassing and throw away the key?

Deploying the National Guard, like Trump admin suggested, would have thwarted all those deep-state plans.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:35 PM   #723
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Republicans had the opportunity to appoint Republicans to the committee. They refused to do so. Democrats wanted an independent commission. Republicans refused to OK one. Republicans have done everything they can to scuttle the investigation.
What if there were GOP-appointed members of Jan. 6 committee?

Quote:
Remember that congressional committees, except for the Jan. 6 committee, are made up of members chosen by the leader of the majority, in this case, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), and the leader of the minority, Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA). Last July, when Pelosi created the committee, McCarthy nominated five GOP members: Reps. Jim Banks, Jim Jordan, Kelly Armstrong, Rodney Davis, and Troy Nehls. In an unprecedented move, Pelosi vetoed Banks and Jordan, saying, "The unprecedented nature of January 6th demands this unprecedented decision." It was a move that, in the words of Politico, "sent shock waves through the House."
Quote:
In response, McCarthy withdrew all the Republican nominees. His rationale was that if Pelosi was going to abandon precedent by nixing some opposition party members, then the opposition party was not going to go along with it. So Pelosi appointed the entire committee. The panel's two Republicans, Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, were appointed by Pelosi. So while it is not accurate to call the committee all-Democratic, it is accurate to say that it is entirely Democratic-appointed.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2022, 09:39 PM   #724
Inner Dirt

Quote:
No one who watched the video they just played can possibly think that Jan. 6 was anything but a violent attempt to get overthrow a legitimate election.

How many firearms were confiscated on Jan 6th? If they started burning things and throwing fire bombs at police would you have called them "mostly peaceful"? You are nothing but a blind homer who cannot think for themselves. Have you ever watched anything lately that isn't a liberal propaganda show? Ever watch Court TV?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2022, 10:03 PM   #725
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
McCarthy could have appointed two other members. Pelosi accepted three of McCarthy’s nominees.
I don’t know much about Banks. I do know that there is only one reason to have Jim Jordan on the committee. And that was to create chaos. To object to everything; to contribute nothing. He was to be Trump’s man on the committee. McCarthy would have removed Republicans from the committee regardless. Pelosi’s actions merely gave him an excuse.

It should also be noted that Pelosi was not alone in objecting to Banks and Jordan. More than one Democrat said they would not be on the Committee if Banks and Jordan were.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:11 PM   #726
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How many firearms were confiscated on Jan 6th? If they started burning things and throwing fire bombs at police would you have called them "mostly peaceful"? You are nothing but a blind homer who cannot think for themselves. Have you ever watched anything lately that isn't a liberal propaganda show? Ever watch Court TV?
I have no idea. How many police were injured by Pepper Spray and Bear Spray. How many were injured by flying objects and clubs of various kinds. Do you actually know that no gu s were confiscated Orr is that something you heard on Tucker .

Very few people were arrested at the Capitol. So it stands to reason that very few guns would be confiscated.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:54 PM   #727
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Very few people were arrested at the Capitol. So it stands to reason that very few guns would be confiscated.
Crazy...worst day in American history and very few people arrested at the Capitol itself?

What happened? Did every law enforcement officer call in sick that day?

Or did Nancy tell them to stand down?
Old 06-10-2022, 12:16 AM   #728
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Crazy...worst day in American history and very few people arrested at the Capitol itself?

What happened? Did every law enforcement officer call in sick that day?

Or did Nancy tell them to stand down?
except those that moved the barricade and waved the crowd in
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 12:20 AM   #729
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Tucker: "Pre-produced lying"

Tulsi Gabbard: "This is not America"

yeah...no shit

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-10-2022 at 12:21 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 12:24 AM   #730
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
McCarthy could have appointed two other members. Pelosi accepted three of McCarthy’s nominees.
I don’t know much about Banks. I do know that there is only one reason to have Jim Jordan on the committee. And that was to create chaos. To object to everything; to contribute nothing. He was to be Trump’s man on the committee. McCarthy would have removed Republicans from the committee regardless. Pelosi’s actions merely gave him an excuse.

It should also be noted that Pelosi was not alone in objecting to Banks and Jordan. More than one Democrat said they would not be on the Committee if Banks and Jordan were.
Speaking of Jim Banks:

Old 11-17-2023, 03:41 PM   #731
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
no, now John Sullivan considers himself a 'journalist'

I did not know his dad is a white guy that has CIA experience helping overthrow countries around the world
the Antifa provocateur just got convicted on 7 counts ....

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/pro..._campaign=copy
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2023, 03:45 PM   #732
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
the Antifa provocateur just got convicted on 7 counts ....

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/pro..._campaign=copy
He played a very interesting role in the leadup to Ashley Babbitt being executed by Michael Byrd.

Oh, and by the way...instead of facing an indictment and a jury for at least manslaughter and possibly murder, Michael Byrd was instead promoted back in August.

Promoted.

https://rollcall.com/2023/08/24/capi...ack-spotlight/

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-17-2023 at 03:47 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2023, 06:15 PM   #733
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
He played a very interesting role in the leadup to Ashley Babbitt being executed by Michael Byrd.

Oh, and by the way...instead of facing an indictment and a jury for at least manslaughter and possibly murder, Michael Byrd was instead promoted back in August.

Promoted.

https://rollcall.com/2023/08/24/capi...ack-spotlight/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IhGCbzaLxQ

Caroline Edwards that woman rings a bell, promoted to Sargent:

“I saw friends with blood all over their faces,” said Edwards, who continued fighting after regaining consciousness. “I was slipping in people’s blood.”

She lied during sworn testimony and they are promoting her? For those of you who believe all the lying POS left wing Capitol Police, produce proof. I have seen more footage, photographs and heard more audio than most and I just see a bunch of claims that did not happen. I saw one guy screaming with a cut lip and that was all the blood I saw. I saw what looked like Michael Fanone faint as he definitely did not take a hit to the head. I did not see any blood puddles someone would slip in.

The Capitol Police as a whole are a disgrace.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2023, 06:30 PM   #734
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Caroline Edwards that woman rings a bell, promoted to Sargent:

“I saw friends with blood all over their faces,” said Edwards, who continued fighting after regaining consciousness. “I was slipping in people’s blood.”

She lied during sworn testimony and they are promoting her? For those of you who believe all the lying POS left wing Capitol Police, produce proof. I have seen more footage, photographs and heard more audio than most and I just see a bunch of claims that did not happen. I saw one guy screaming with a cut lip and that was all the blood I saw. I saw what looked like Michael Fanone faint as he definitely did not take a hit to the head. I did not see any blood puddles someone would slip in.

The Capitol Police as a whole are a disgrace.

Well, as you know, never let a crisis go to waste...
Old 01-06-2024, 10:49 AM   #735
Dick Whitman
Veteran

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply