Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-25-2016, 02:01 AM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Rainbow 6 integrity w 25 million dollar pool

At SRU downs, if we had a 4.5 million mandatory carryover into a pick 6, there would be:

1) 72 hour detention barns with all horses in the 6 legs under surveillance with guards everywhere, it would be ky-derbyish in security.

2) every race would have a 100k purse and the 6 races would be high class races.

3) in the days afterwards, every bet into this pool would be analyzed by a forensic betting analyst team, any 'odd' ticket would be looked at twice.

4) the integrity of this bet would be heavily advertised, people would know we mean business and aren't treating these like 'any random 6 races'
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 11:10 AM   #2
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

OK.

1) Will there be enough room to house the horses for 72 hours in their own separate area? You still have the horses running on Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sunday along with shippers coming in for your biggest meet of every year next Saturday for the Florida Derby along with those that are there and not racing that particular week, day, or month.

2) All 6 as $100K races? Sounds great. You do realize your biggest meet of the year is next week, right? A card which covers just about every type of top end horse outside of older males going a route. Then again, you had the Donn on 2/6 and your G2 Handicap on 3/5. You've also had significant races in previous weekends prior to this one, so who exactly would make up these fields for these $100K races? Lets also not forget that Fair Grounds is having its biggest meet of the year on this day as well with bigger purses. I'm sure they'd be happy as a clam if you competed against them.

3) Why would I need detailed forensic analyst? The only thing that really needs to be done is to review all the tickets cashed by the winners. Regular stewards and on site track employees should be smart enough to figure out questionable tickets such as the BC scandal from years ago.

4) The Rainbow 6 is already heavily advertised. You now want to advertise that this special day, and bet, will be extra scrutinized outside of your normal everyday wagering that isn't as scrutinized? Sounds like a great idea.

In the end, your condition book was written well in advance. Gulfstream arguably has the deepest and best fields in the country on a day in and day out basis filled with 10 to 12 horses in nearly every race with 10 to 12 races a day.

Your biggest day of the year is a week away, and you want to invest all this extra time and resources into something that may well end up just being an every day $50K Pick 6? (The Pick 6 could be even hit today.)

Top it off with these $100K races that would be tough to fill with quality horses because of all the bigger races that you have on your cards in the days and weeks surrounding this day, and you may well get a massive amount of $10K-$25K claimers running for these $100K purses. And at that point in time you'd be complaining about a paltry Pick 6 pool with big races filled with lower end horses running for big dollars merely designed to pad horsemen's pockets.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #3
MutuelClerk

Didn't the last guy to hit the rainbow really big die shortly after? Wasn't it the day before the must pay day? Does that happen at SRU Downs too? Good luck to you guys today?
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #4
SuperPickle

SRU, what cracks me up is you're falling into the classic case of proposing solutions for problems that don't exist.

Whether people want to believe it race fixing in the sport is at all time low. You had those clowns in Louisiana last year and the Breeders Cup thing about 15 years ago but the largely conspiracy level racing fixing has died. Compare this to the 50's, 60's, 70's and even early 80's when we had multiple groups with mafia ties fixing races all over the country.

As a guy who's met guys who fixed races from these eras I can tell you why...

1. Fixing races is hard. It's very hard. It requires lots of people and lots of exposure and at the end of the day you still don't know what a 1,200 pound animal is going to do. It's a lot of exposure to do something very hard to pull off. Even the guys who did it best go it wrong a lot of times.

2. Racinos. Back in the day a jockey would get $200 for winning a race he could make 20 times that betting. Now its the opposite. The pools are small and purses big because of racinos. When the winning jockeys cut is $1,000 to $2,000 and the pool is only $20,000 its hard to convince even a stupid person or people to risk a federal felony.

3. These guys have moved to easier, more lucrative areas. These guys can now steal credit cards and do bank/investment fraud. They open up pharmacies and do medicare fraud. Both those are multi-billion dollar areas of fraud. On top of them you have all kinds of government fraud and computer hacking. Even with a $10-25 million dollar pool which is big to us its small potatoes compared with what's out there now. These guys can steal millions without anyone even knowing its missing. Do you really think they're going to try and fix something millions of people are watching including racing authorities and the media? You got have respect for the guys. They be he first to tell you how they'd rather steal a million no one is watching that try and steal $10 million everyone is looking at.

Look always have guys trying things from time to time and you'll have doped horses and odd betting but the days of large mobbed up crews buying off jockeys and harness drivers to fix the trifecta is a thing of the past.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
OK.

1) Will there be enough room to house the horses for 72 hours in their own separate area? You still have the horses running on Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sunday along with shippers coming in for your biggest meet of every year next Saturday for the Florida Derby along with those that are there and not racing that particular week, day, or month.

2) All 6 as $100K races? Sounds great. You do realize your biggest meet of the year is next week, right? A card which covers just about every type of top end horse outside of older males going a route. Then again, you had the Donn on 2/6 and your G2 Handicap on 3/5. You've also had significant races in previous weekends prior to this one, so who exactly would make up these fields for these $100K races? Lets also not forget that Fair Grounds is having its biggest meet of the year on this day as well with bigger purses. I'm sure they'd be happy as a clam if you competed against them.

3) Why would I need detailed forensic analyst? The only thing that really needs to be done is to review all the tickets cashed by the winners. Regular stewards and on site track employees should be smart enough to figure out questionable tickets such as the BC scandal from years ago.

4) The Rainbow 6 is already heavily advertised. You now want to advertise that this special day, and bet, will be extra scrutinized outside of your normal everyday wagering that isn't as scrutinized? Sounds like a great idea.

In the end, your condition book was written well in advance. Gulfstream arguably has the deepest and best fields in the country on a day in and day out basis filled with 10 to 12 horses in nearly every race with 10 to 12 races a day.

Your biggest day of the year is a week away, and you want to invest all this extra time and resources into something that may well end up just being an every day $50K Pick 6? (The Pick 6 could be even hit today.)

Top it off with these $100K races that would be tough to fill with quality horses because of all the bigger races that you have on your cards in the days and weeks surrounding this day, and you may well get a massive amount of $10K-$25K claimers running for these $100K purses. And at that point in time you'd be complaining about a paltry Pick 6 pool with big races filled with lower end horses running for big dollars merely designed to pad horsemen's pockets.
You sound skeptical of my idea. Gulfstream knew at least a YEAR in advance when mandatory payout day was, they could also have made mandatory day next weekend, there would have Been no problem getting high class races. I'm not suggesting give away 100k ( i meant 100k or more in orig post) for cheapies, they had plenty of time to get big races on mandatory day.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:05 PM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
Didn't the last guy to hit the rainbow really big die shortly after? Wasn't it the day before the must pay day? Does that happen at SRU Downs too? Good luck to you guys today?
If it happens at SRU, I'm sure the great Gustini would post about the death, ESPECIALLY if it was a horseplayer nobody had ever heard of.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:08 PM   #7
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

I thought SRU Downs sold out to Walmart a few years ago?
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 05:11 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
SRU, what cracks me up is you're falling into the classic case of proposing solutions for problems that don't exist.

Whether people want to believe it race fixing in the sport is at all time low. You had those clowns in Louisiana last year and the Breeders Cup thing about 15 years ago but the largely conspiracy level racing fixing has died. Compare this to the 50's, 60's, 70's and even early 80's when we had multiple groups with mafia ties fixing races all over the country.

As a guy who's met guys who fixed races from these eras I can tell you why...

1. Fixing races is hard. It's very hard. It requires lots of people and lots of exposure and at the end of the day you still don't know what a 1,200 pound animal is going to do. It's a lot of exposure to do something very hard to pull off. Even the guys who did it best go it wrong a lot of times.

2. Racinos. Back in the day a jockey would get $200 for winning a race he could make 20 times that betting. Now its the opposite. The pools are small and purses big because of racinos. When the winning jockeys cut is $1,000 to $2,000 and the pool is only $20,000 its hard to convince even a stupid person or people to risk a federal felony.

3. These guys have moved to easier, more lucrative areas. These guys can now steal credit cards and do bank/investment fraud. They open up pharmacies and do medicare fraud. Both those are multi-billion dollar areas of fraud. On top of them you have all kinds of government fraud and computer hacking. Even with a $10-25 million dollar pool which is big to us its small potatoes compared with what's out there now. These guys can steal millions without anyone even knowing its missing. Do you really think they're going to try and fix something millions of people are watching including racing authorities and the media? You got have respect for the guys. They be he first to tell you how they'd rather steal a million no one is watching that try and steal $10 million everyone is looking at.

Look always have guys trying things from time to time and you'll have doped horses and odd betting but the days of large mobbed up crews buying off jockeys and harness drivers to fix the trifecta is a thing of the past.
I understand fixing is hard, but what's harder is fixing it and doing it right. A fixer who's stupid could taint the races and screw it up, but as far as bettors are concerned, the damage is still done. My idea possibly prevents idiots and fixers from trying in the first place.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:12 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggingTheRail
I thought SRU Downs sold out to Walmart a few years ago?
Youre right, We paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:51 PM   #10
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Can anyone play this or you have to be onsite at Gulfstream to play it?
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #11
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donttellmeshowme
Can anyone play this or you have to be onsite at Gulfstream to play it?
Most anyone can play it.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:08 PM   #12
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

$1 bet? 50 cents?
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 09:52 PM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donttellmeshowme
$1 bet? 50 cents?
20 cents, used to be 10 but they changed it to 20 because Canada won't allow 10 cent. So they did that so north of the border can get in on the action.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:59 PM   #14
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
20 cents, used to be 10 but they changed it to 20 because Canada won't allow 10 cent. So they did that so north of the border can get in on the action.
So, if I don't win this pot tomorrow I can blame Canada?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 10:38 PM   #15
thespaah

SRU downs......Love it...
Now.....I think the all stakes race rainbow is a good idea, but tough to implement. The thing that kind of brings this down is if the bet is not hit the day of the all stakes rainbow.....I could go with holding the bet until the next day when handle is expected to be the highest. Most likely the following Saturday.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: