Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-27-2023, 08:16 PM   #1
fast4522

America's shoplifting hotspots

The top 11 cities with the highest rate of retail theft revealed - and San Francisco isn't number one!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/yourmone...umber-one.html

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_001.jpg (124.4 KB, 10 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 08:43 PM   #2
baconswitchfarm

[QUOTE=fast4522;2910704]The top 11 cities with the highest rate of retail theft revealed - and San Francisco isn't number one!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/yourmone...umber-one.html[/QUOTe

Are they all right wing hell holes like i hear about on here ?
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 09:50 PM   #3
jimmyb

Here in Worcester Massachusetts a walgrens and a 2 cvs just closed up shop. Any guesses as to why? They were all shoplifting targets
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 10:36 PM   #4
davew

maybe they should keep those thieves in jail instead of letting them out so they can do it again .... and again .... and again.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2023, 06:38 AM   #5
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Here in Worcester Massachusetts a walgrens and a 2 cvs just closed up shop. Any guesses as to why? They were all shoplifting targets
Along with Walmart closings , will give you an idea where to stay away...
Saratoga is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2023, 01:37 PM   #6
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
Along with Walmart closings , will give you an idea where to stay away...
4 walmart closings in Chicago. But mostie tells us Chicago is Utopia
Old 10-28-2023, 01:41 PM   #7
lamboguy

Quote:
if I remember correctly, Wallmart stole a group of family owned department stores in Worcester called The Fair, for a song without any guns!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2023, 01:48 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
4 walmart closings in Chicago. But mostie tells us Chicago is Utopia

I was waiting for his dumbass to mention Houston is in a red state. Are people like him really that stupidly brainwashed? They never acknowledge that controlling a city's crime is on the mayor and DA, the state government
and who the populace vote for president have nothing to do with it. The mayor can fire or get fired anyone in the police department.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2023, 03:35 PM   #9
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
if I remember correctly, Wallmart stole a group of family owned department stores in Worcester called The Fair, for a song without any guns!

Couldn't have happened to a better family. The Rose family were owners of the Fairs. They were not good to their employees.
Old 10-29-2023, 08:05 AM   #10
Marshall Bennett

Wouldn't it be in the consumers better interest knowing the cities with the least shoplifting activity?
I purposely didn't say "arrest" because many agencies are required to keep their hands off.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2023, 08:28 AM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Houston prosecutors (Harris county) refuse to prosecute most shoplifting cases. They refuse to prosecute tons of stuff.

I recently witnessed officers recover a stolen gun from a car and they cuffed and stuffed the guy. 20 minutes later they released him (impounded the gun) because when they called the prosecutors office and they refused to prosecute because nobody was injured.

9 Dem Judges preside over criminal courts in Harris county. 2 are Repubs.

The Dems don’t believe in bail. They release everybody except the most heinous murder suspects.

They give killers no bond and very low bonds all the time
Old 10-29-2023, 02:21 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Houston prosecutors (Harris county) refuse to prosecute most shoplifting cases. They refuse to prosecute tons of stuff.

I recently witnessed officers recover a stolen gun from a car and they cuffed and stuffed the guy. 20 minutes later they released him (impounded the gun) because when they called the prosecutors office and they refused to prosecute because nobody was injured.

9 Dem Judges preside over criminal courts in Harris county. 2 are Repubs.

The Dems don’t believe in bail. They release everybody except the most heinous murder suspects.

They give killers no bond and very low bonds all the time

Under Texas Penal Code 31.03(e)(4), theft of a firearm or possession of a stolen firearm is punishable as a State Jail Felony; the relevant Texas Penal code ...

State jail felonies have the felony classification but don't result in a prison sentence. Instead, a state jail felony can only lead to jail time. However, this doesn't lessen the seriousness of the charge. A state jail felony can uproot your daily life.

Those were copied from lawyers doing business in Texas.

Is state jail similar in Texas to what a county jail is in California? I swear I am so sick and tired of getting mocked by liberals who want more gun laws when I say we just need to enforce the gun laws on the books. The guy that killed 3 UVA football players on a bus while they slept last year had 3 previous crimes, one involving illegal gun possession that he did not do time for.

If he even got what would be considered a light 6 month sentence each he would have been in jail not killing 3 student athletes returning from a field trip. A good chunk of people who commit murder with a gun have previous gun violations they never served time for.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply