Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-24-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
carlonr

Workout rankings

Does anyone know of a website that utilizes a numerical workout factor for each horse in a race? Something like:

(in post position order)

1. 92.5
2. 87/3
3. 64.9
4. 79.8

etc.
carlonr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlonr
Does anyone know of a website that utilizes a numerical workout factor for each horse in a race? Something like:

(in post position order)

1. 92.5
2. 87/3
3. 64.9
4. 79.8

etc.

no clue. Using what metrics?
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 12:13 PM   #3
carlonr

It could be any metrics that the site uses. I am just wanting to do some comparisons regarding workout times. For instance, 1 site might use avg. of last three works, another might use works since last race, etc. The main thing I am looking for however is that they assign a numerical factor for each horse (that has worked) in a race.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
It could be any metrics that the site uses. I am just wanting to do some comparisons regarding workout times. For instance, 1 site might use avg. of last three works, another might use works since last race, etc. The main thing I am looking for however is that they assign a numerical factor for each horse (that has worked) in a race.
The only numbers I've seen are number of Horses who worked out that day and that Horses ranking in the bunch and the time and distance ran.

sure you already know Some trainers work their Horses hard and others don't.

I factor in workouts in sprints, maidens, stakes. not everyday routes.

Brisnet datafile list up to 12 workouts.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:42 PM   #5
carlonr

I am more interested in a workout ranking of the horses in a race as they relate to every other horse in the race.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
I am more interested in a workout ranking of the horses in a race as they relate to every other horse in the race.
no, I know of no one who does that. Interesting. Have you tried it manually? you need a programmer. Good luck.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
Ted Craven

For your consideration:

RDSS2: Workout Ranking (WR), Workout Speed Rating (last), Workout Form Patterns:

From the RDSS FAQs, re Workout Ratings: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=13

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 04:35 PM   #8
carlonr

This is great Ted. I downloaded the software and have access to the data. What is the usual time before a data file is available. For instance, when can I expect data for Del Mar Thanksgiving Day
Old 11-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #9
horseplayer

There is a computer program out called COMPUTRAK -- it has a column in it that assigns a numerical workout ranking for each horse in the race.
I believe the author Rubin Boxer has posted on here.

Here is a link

http://revelationprofits.com/

it uses Brisnet and DRF files
horseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #10
Ted Craven

Quote:
This is great Ted. I downloaded the software and have access to the data. What is the usual time before a data file is available. For instance, when can I expect data for Del Mar Thanksgiving Day
Carlon, SoCal cards seem to be made available by Equibase/TrackMaster the day before, so by say noonish PT tomorrow. Most other tracks are available 2-3 days in advance.

Greg, I wish I had that #2 horse Sunday. As it was, I bet the #8 to Win and the #10 to Win Place, so made a not bad profit off that Place bet.

Sometimes the Workout stuff points to overlooked gems, especially with MSW and FTS and 2TS (anyone remember Saratoga 2 years ago at the Toga Party ...?). But as often as not, for races for winners, it is hard to reliably assess horses from workouts only. As usual, mileage varies ...

Carlon, any questions/issues, just email me. Good luck on Thanksgiving (wish I was there, at DMR).

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-24-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #11
carlonr

Thanks, I see that the RDSS program also generates a workout "form pattern" which I am interested in taking a look at.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #12
Longshot

Quote:

(in post position order)

1. 92.5
2. 87/3
3. 64.9
4. 79.8

etc.
Not a website but the EquiSim program contains workout speed figs for all of each horse's workouts. In the FV function of EquiSim you can set it up to give you the best speed of a set number of workouts back,the average speed of a set number of workouts or like I have mine set the best workout speed in the last 2 workouts where the workout was in the last 20 days.

Last edited by Longshot; 11-24-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: