Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-22-2017, 04:03 PM   #136
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Prayers and condolences at this very difficult time.

Dennis was the very first PaceAdvantage member that I met in person. It was in March 2009 at the Charles Town Races. He proudly announced a "rare" east coast trip by his highly respected figure-making son cj. That day I also met proximity whose friendship I continue to enjoy thru poker/racing. I also remember getting together with some other PA members (specifically as the result of a personal invite by Dennis) at one of the Jockey Club Gold Club G1 races at Belmont, and I remember seeing Dennis again at one of the PA gatherings at Saratoga. In recent years I had hoped to lure Dennis to one of the Timonium Fair get-together's, but his poor health intervened.

I think it goes without question that Dennis was VERY VERY proud of his family!!

RIP Dennis
Track Collector is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #137
NJ Stinks

Those pictures are making my eyes misty and I never met CJ's Dad. Probably because Dennis' genuine character was evident even here.

Personally, I relished the way Dennis expressed his love for all things Baltimore - even when he was frustrated with the place. Partly because I am so fond of Baltimore too and also pull for it's revival. I am also appreciative of the PM's he sent me from time to time inquiring about the welfare of my wife.

And, Ralph, I still rue the day I missed the opportunity to go to Aqueduct with you guys.

CJ, I am so sorry for your family's loss.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:40 PM   #138
maddog42

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my Dad in 98 and my Mom last year. Things will get better.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #139
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

CJ and family, though I've never met you, I feel like I know you and when I read this, my tears swelled and I felt like someone punched me.

I am SO sorry for you and your family. You are not alone sir. Our thoughts are with you

Please celebrate your father's existence and focus on what made him great.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #140
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

CJ, my condolences and prayers to you and your family. May you find peace and comfort at this difficult time.
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 07:27 PM   #141
Greyfox

My deepest condolences go out to you and your family.
I was hoping against hope for a better outcome for your Dad and you.
That is saddening.

Greyfox
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #142
DeltaLover

CJ, my condolences to you and your family.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #143
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
My Dad is not going to make it. He is being taken off life support now. He has no brain activity and no chance of recovery. The hospital here (U of M) has been fabulous and gave him every chance chance, just wasn't meant to be.

Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts and prayers. We're ok, we've been prepared for this for a while.
You and your family have my sincere condolences on the passing of your father. I know from personal experience it is a great loss. Best wishes to you and all of your family.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #144
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

My heartfelt condolences...I know what it feels like to lose parents...you are not alone and you are loved...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 09:10 PM   #145
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
Prayers and condolences at this very difficult time.

Dennis was the very first PaceAdvantage member that I met in person. It was in March 2009 at the Charles Town Races. He proudly announced a "rare" east coast trip by his highly respected figure-making son cj. That day I also met proximity whose friendship I continue to enjoy thru poker/racing. I also remember getting together with some other PA members (specifically as the result of a personal invite by Dennis) at one of the Jockey Club Gold Club G1 races at Belmont, and I remember seeing Dennis again at one of the PA gatherings at Saratoga. In recent years I had hoped to lure Dennis to one of the Timonium Fair get-together's, but his poor health intervened.

I think it goes without question that Dennis was VERY VERY proud of his family!!

RIP Dennis
i remember that night fondly and have been very fortunate to meet so many great pa members over the years like you guys.

dennis always reminded me of alex karras and was great to be around at these tracks. while my hands were always stained with black ink from drfs and track programs he proudly used a sheet with his son's figures on it and NEVER seemed to lose a turf race whenever i was around. black eyed susan a couple years ago was a busy day but the highlight was our friend charm city whizz (finally) driving me down to fred and margie's to see dennis where we hung out and talked for hours. i always enjoyed talking with him and having him keep my glass full. i was proud to know him. he was a damn good man.

today we all have lost but the days we got to spend with dennis were always winning ones.

--proximity
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 09:11 PM   #146
Tape Reader

Thanks for those pictures Pace and Just Ralph. Never met any of you Guys but the pictures let me just “fit in” so to speak.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 09:31 PM   #147
mostpost

Very sorry to hear this. And sorry I never got to meet him in person. We talked (PM) about him coming out to Chicago for one of the PA meetups at Arlington, but he could never get it to happen.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:51 PM   #148
MutuelClerk

CJ, you seem like a cool guy. Truly sorry for what you and your family are going through no matter how prepared you are for it. Appreciate the good times you had with your dad. Best wishes in tough times.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 10:13 PM   #149
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I am so sorry to hear this. I have the utmost respect for your Dad. He is a great guy and I am very glad I was able to meet him in the real world.

Prayers for him and your whole family.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:31 PM   #150
CincyHorseplayer

My condolences CJ. Looking at the pictures. Just makes me think, after years on here talking the game and how short this life is would like to see you all in person.

Last edited by CincyHorseplayer; 03-22-2017 at 10:33 PM.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply