Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-21-2022, 06:39 PM   #91
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
I will mail it to you! I hope you play that, it is only $5. Of course I hope you lose.

Everyone knows who I like so I will post my order. with with with with the Epicenter has to win, Simplification has to be 2nd or 3rd. Skippylongstocking can't be third, just 4th or 5th. I played a single trifecta, six supers, and over a dozen straight super high 5's multiple times. Two or three times a year I go for it, this is one of them.
Well, I'll be a sporting gentleman and wish you luck. Err, bad luck though.

That crazy tote makes me nervous - some shennigans going on.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2022, 06:44 PM   #92
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
That tote board looks like something out of the Twilight Zone. 3-6-9 getting way more action than I would have guessed.
I don't get it either. Rarely have I felt this out of touch with the odds of half the field.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2022, 07:02 PM   #93
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
I don't get it either. Rarely have I felt this out of touch with the odds of half the field.
It's crazy. Good thing we've got that Arabian race in the last to recoup all our losses....
Old 05-21-2022, 07:21 PM   #94
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I see a bunch of s up in here...congrats to all who had him.

I didn't...but that's....ok....
Old 05-21-2022, 07:26 PM   #95
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocraft67 View Post
I'll post my thoughts now, before catching up on the thread and the public handicappers.

Looks like a chalky one. My preferred tiers:

Toss ,,

The is the closest thing to a clever idea. Lightly raced and proven to pass horses. The is just my longshot suckup play, but it does look to fit the pace scenario. Maybe it makes my exactas accordingly, keyed to chalk on top.

I liked a bit of Simplification in the Derby, and I really liked his performance. Just doesn't have the raw figs the top two do. But I may promote him if his odds don't go way down.

Early Voting is lightly raced—in a bad way given the price—but can win this off his last race.

is the deserving favorite and by all rights should win this.

Trying not to be biased for or against the filly . She has more wins than any in the field, one more than the favorite. She won the Kentucky Oaks, which looks to be about as classy as this one. I may elevate her, too, at a decent price.

Could not see a catalyst for sufficient improvement for to contend, but could be a near-random super or maybe tri filler. I tossed in the Derby hard, and will do so again, I don't get this guy (now on his way to the winners circle). The gives no indication it belongs here. I hope they all take money in the chase for the next Rich Strike.
Absolutely nailed it.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2022, 07:39 PM   #96
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Absolutely nailed it.
Yup. Nice 'capping by Aerocraft67. After reading his post, took another look at the deuce and caught the tri in a race where I bet little.

Gonna love to fade Epicenter if he bothers with the Belmont. I don't believe there's any bonus for running best in all three legs any more, but he got a very lucky inside trip to get second.....

This crop - total mules, so far.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:57 PM   #97
Clocker

Quote:
Y

Gonna love to fade Epicenter if he bothers with the Belmont. I don't believe there's any bonus for running best in all three legs any more, but he got a very lucky inside trip to get second.....
For whatever impact it might have had, Epicenter had a hard race in the Derby 2 weeks ago, finishing a close 2nd. Early Voting finished 2nd in a G2 about 6 weeks ago. That extra rest had to have some impact.

Early Voting's people were on TV after today's race and sounded very iffy about the Belmont. Epicenter now has had 2 hard races in 2 weeks, and only 3 weeks to get ready for the Belmont.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:35 PM   #98
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Epicenter now has had 2 hard races in 2 weeks, and only 3 weeks to get ready for the Belmont.
Don't know why that horse was sitting 2nd last early. If that was an overreaction by the jockey and/or trainer in response to the Derby pace it was a complete botch job.

Revert back to his pace-setting/pressing ways and he'll win the Belmont by a pole if Early Voting doesn't show up.

Simplification grabbed the bit in front of the stands the first time causing Velasquez to put his feet on the dash board and waste time and energy getting him to settle. He's another that deserves a shot at the Belmont.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2022, 08:59 PM   #99
dballard125

Ended up betting $25 to win on Early Voting, and a $10 exacta box EV & Epicenter.

Not a bad day.

Last edited by dballard125; 05-21-2022 at 09:11 PM.
dballard125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2022, 09:04 PM   #100
zico20

Well that sucked. If I had known Rosario was going to drop him that far off and be behind Secret Oath I would have bet the race differently. I should have known better, I have never won a race with Rosario. We all have jockeys where they just don't win and he is mine. I said never bet against streaks, well I did it again thinking I would finally win with him. I always play a couple of saver bets to get my money back in case one of my key horses doesn't run and this time it was with Simplification being 4th, 5th, or out of the super high 5. It was just a $2 partial wheel but it would have broken me even. At least I was right about Secret Oath!

One last thing, DRF is pathetic. I saw the prices there and they have the 50 cent trifecta listed as 66.50 when it should be the one dollar. I was wondering how the difference between the tri and super was only 264 to 336 for a two dollar bet.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:08 PM   #101
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Don't know why that horse was sitting 2nd last early. If that was an overreaction by the jockey and/or trainer in response to the Derby pace it was a complete botch job.

Revert back to his pace-setting/pressing ways and he'll win the Belmont by a pole if Early Voting doesn't show up.

Simplification grabbed the bit in front of the stands the first time causing Velasquez to put his feet on the dash board and waste time and energy getting him to settle. He's another that deserves a shot at the Belmont.
I agree with you about the horrible ride, but I would be careful about betting him in the Belmont, then again I don't think he is going to run.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:58 PM   #102
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
...Revert back to his pace-setting/pressing ways and he'll win the Belmont by a pole if Early Voting doesn't show up...
Well, he'd still have to beat Rich Strike. Today Epicenter showed he was consistent, and no better than 3rd best at the moment in his generation. It appeared to me he was bumped at the start which might explain why he dropped back. But to counter that, he got the perfect inside trip the rest of the way, while Saez road Secret Oath wide on the turn (kiss of death at Pimlico), like he had the best horse by 15 lengths.

Hopefully the connections will do what's best for the horse, and avoid the emotions involved around the Triple Crown races. There's no reason why one of these horses can't improve and become a better runner later this year and next. Epicenter still looks toppy to me, but if rested maybe he takes another step forward this fall.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:08 PM   #103
GMB@BP

Quote:

judging by the trainers comments certain nly not the plan....not often a leading rider gets blistered like that by a trainer after a race like the preakness.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2022, 10:34 PM   #104
zico20

Quote:
Well, he'd still have to beat Rich Strike. Today Epicenter showed he was consistent, and no better than 3rd best at the moment in his generation. It appeared to me he was bumped at the start which might explain why he dropped back. But to counter that, he got the perfect inside trip the rest of the way, while Saez road Secret Oath wide on the turn (kiss of death at Pimlico), like he had the best horse by 15 lengths.

Hopefully the connections will do what's best for the horse, and avoid the emotions involved around the Triple Crown races. There's no reason why one of these horses can't improve and become a better runner later this year and next. Epicenter still looks toppy to me, but if rested maybe he takes another step forward this fall.
He didn't get the perfect inside trip. He was blocked and had to wait, pausing any momentum. One more thing, it drives me crazy when you use the word toppy, so you are going to have to stop saying it.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:49 PM   #105
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
One more thing, it drives me crazy when you use the word toppy, so you are going to have to stop saying it.
Quote:
toppy

(of audio reproduction) having too many high-frequency sounds
Honest to god, there's nothing more annoying than a high-frequency horse.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: