Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-27-2019, 10:38 PM   #901
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yeah, I am convinced, thanks to Hcap's cowardice.

So, you don't like this topic either, heh? What's your speed: The weather?
It has nothing to do with liking the topic. You stated your case, the Hcap threw some charts and graphs at you. Then you stated your case and you got more crap bombs dropped. I mean, if there is an honest to God piece of the argument that hasn't come up, I can't imagine what it is. I think you can tell that other than Thask and maybe a couple of others, it looks like the rest of the group has bugged out. I mean you've got to have discussions that stimulate more than two people. I'd say go private if you want keep up with the current thread.

Reminds me of an old joke. What do you think of ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care.

Here's a topic you can donate to the religion thread.

- If the best Republican candidate for president, the candidate who hit all the right policy notes, said he was (agnostic/Muslim), but tried to be a good person and a good example to others, could you vote for him/her?

There. Run with it. Or think of something else.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2019, 06:10 AM   #902
hcap

Quote:
Aaww...was that a thinly veiled pleading to continue our "debate"?

Okay...I'm going to give every thinking person here something on which to ruminate. Below is a my graphically displayed "arrow of time" which reflects Mother Nature's flow of time:

............. Graveyard...................Gateway............... .........Reservoir...........
............ of Dead Time...............of Live Time.................of Potential Time....
...............Yesterday.....................Today .........................Tomorrow..........
.................|................................ ...|.................................|
.................|................................ ...|.................................|
................ |....................................|............ ....................|
(W)........Past<<<<<<<<<<<<<Present<<<<<<<<<<<Future (E)

Now, every thinking person should challenge Hcap to duplicate this format with his version of the "arrow of time" that will manifest the Past and Future relative to the Present, as I have done. I guarantee he will not honor any such requests.
I have a much better chart for you. You would not even have to worry whether or not the future rises in the east......and the past sets in the west!

Just in case.......

Old 05-28-2019, 06:24 AM   #903
hcap

And the next time you re do your kitchen. Think of this "effect"
Really opens things up.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #904
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
It has nothing to do with liking the topic. You stated your case, the Hcap threw some charts and graphs at you. Then you stated your case and you got more crap bombs dropped. I mean, if there is an honest to God piece of the argument that hasn't come up, I can't imagine what it is. I think you can tell that other than Thask and maybe a couple of others, it looks like the rest of the group has bugged out. I mean you've got to have discussions that stimulate more than two people. I'd say go private if you want keep up with the current thread.

Reminds me of an old joke. What do you think of ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care.

Here's a topic you can donate to the religion thread.

- If the best Republican candidate for president, the candidate who hit all the right policy notes, said he was (agnostic/Muslim), but tried to be a good person and a good example to others, could you vote for him/her?

There. Run with it. Or think of something else.
I have to have discussions that stimulate more than two people? What are the rest of you guys: Mere spectators? An audience? Well,here I have an idea for discussion: If you or anyone else want to broach another topic, what is preventing any of you from doing that?

So there! You run with that idea and think of something else and quit sitting on your hands!
Old 05-28-2019, 07:32 AM   #905
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
And the next time you re do your kitchen. Think of this "effect"
Really opens things up.

How can anyone do that? According to you, we have to have cause first and foremost in our mind before thinking about any effects. We must first imagine a cause for something in our mind, then we go on the mindless search to find the right effect.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:35 AM   #906
boxcar

Quote:
I have a much better chart for you. You would not even have to worry whether or not the future rises in the east......and the past sets in the west!

Just in case.......

You're truly the poster boy for mind zombification: Dead from the neck up!
Old 05-28-2019, 09:35 AM   #907
Greyfox

Quote:
I have to have discussions that stimulate more than two people? What are the rest of you guys: Mere spectators? An audience? Well,here I have an idea for discussion: If you or anyone else want to broach another topic, what is preventing any of you from doing that?

So there! You run with that idea and think of something else and quit sitting on your hands!
You are free to discuss whatever is of interest here but the subject of the Arrow of Time seems to be more in the realm of Physics and not central to a Religion thread. Therefore it is not a subject that most of us are keen to debate or enter into.
Besides, if there is an Arrow of Time it either goes ---> or <--- and arguing about that seems peripheral to the Spiritual "stuff" many of us are seeking.

With respect to Halv's question about voting most of us would not have any problems voting for anyone who could do a job independent of their religion.
For example, the citizens of Calgary had no concerns about electing Naheed Kurban Nenshi as their Mayor and he is a Muslim.
See -->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naheed_Nenshi

On the other hand, I don't know of anyone who would vote for a Radical Muslim. It is the extreme fundamental Muslims who I have no use for.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2019, 11:05 AM   #908
hcap

Quote:
How can anyone do that? According to you, we have to have cause first and foremost in our mind before thinking about any effects. We must first imagine a cause for something in our mind, then we go on the mindless search to find the right effect.
Eh, actually goals.

The goal of that clip was to confuse literal minded all talk no walk buffoons, who brag about their knowledge, inflate to others their feeble abilities,......with impossible, impractical designs for them to take oh so seriously, allowing them to continue to make fools of themselves.

Goal >>>>>>> banana peel >>>>>>> fool >>>>>>> all fall down

Goal and mission accomplished.:
Old 05-28-2019, 11:28 AM   #909
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:

Here's one. Why did God choose salt to punish Lot's wife? Why not chocolate? Or a huge role of salami. Is there some special significance attached to salt?

By the way. Since you can't stop being a pompous twit, ever, your time arrow was BS. someday you might even figure out why.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2019, 11:45 AM   #910
hcap

Quote:
Here's one. Why did God choose salt to punish Lot's wife? Why not chocolate? Or a huge role of salami. Is there some special significance attached to salt?

By the way. Since you can't stop being a pompous twit, ever, your time arrow was BS. someday you might even figure out why.
In the old testament it was Kosher salt. Not so much afterwards.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:07 PM   #911
boxcar

Quote:
Eh, actually goals.

The goal of that clip was to confuse literal minded all talk no walk buffoons, who brag about their knowledge, inflate to others their feeble abilities,......with impossible, impractical designs for them to take oh so seriously, allowing them to continue to make fools of themselves.

Goal and mission accomplished.:
Oh...I got ya...So everyone's goal in life is to to come up with causes in intellect to No Things. And then maybe if we're lucky some time after we can stumble upon an effect that fits a cause like hand in glove.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #912
hcap

Quote:
Oh...I got ya...So everyone's goal in life is to to come with causes in intellect to No Things. And then maybe if we're lucky some time after we can stumble upon an effect that fits a cause like hand in glove.
No you absolutely did not get me. I repeat

Goal and mission accomplished.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #913
hcap

Got a question for the Aristotle_Thomisic philosophers. Is metaphysics the overriding philosophy. Beyond god or physics

One definition is...
Quote:
.....Branch of philosophy that deals with the first principles of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, substance, cause, identity, time, and space.
abstract theory with no basis in reality.
In regards to Aristotle's' four causes: Beyond the human scale of purpoeful or functional final cause....

....Beginning around 5 billion years from now, the Sun will expand, becoming a swollen star called a red giant. By 7.5 billion years in the future, its surface will be past where Earth's orbit is now. So the expanding Sun will engulf, and destroy, the Earth

Is this truly the "Final Cause", or must we wait trillions of years longer for the..... heat death of the universe, also known as the Big Chill or Big Freeze
Old 05-28-2019, 12:32 PM   #914
boxcar

Quote:

What is truly "BS" is that you apparently believe that just saying my "time arrow" is "BS will convince anyone that it is. But if you were 1/10th as smart as you think you are, you'd take my arrow of time format in 896 and place the Past, Present and Future in the order you think is logical. But, of course, this is wishful thinking on my part because I know that that "someday" would never come in your case; for your ego would not survive being laughed off the stage, would it?

Re Lot's wife's fate: Probably plenty of that stuff around in that dry, arid plain region.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:39 PM   #915
boxcar

Quote:
No you absolutely did not get me. I repeat

Goal and mission accomplished.
No, it cannot be accomplished since a real goal requires a real and specific end toward which effort is directed. But ends cannot be held in intellect prior to causes, according to you.