Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #211
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
seriously, if a turd like sfor is the best stock you've seen in decades, then what can I say.

its a pure gamble. you have no idea what the courts will decide.
they already have 1 case that they won against microsoft and all these other cases are very similar to that one.

this is very first pink sheet stock i have ever played other than mining stocks, but most of them were on the toronto or venture exchanges. but i have had other company's that i sold to soon that were big names in their infancy stages. such as EMC, Microsoft, Amazon, Pixar, Qualcom. they all look the same before they start to make their moves. everything has to go right for them.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 04:05 PM   #212
AltonKelsey
Veteran

sfor is not in an infancy stage. more like an inch from death.

its a gamble at best, but not a sure loser, so good luck.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #213
_______
Veteran

Quote:
sfor is not in an infancy stage. more like an inch from death.

its a gamble at best, but not a sure loser, so good luck.
The best argument in it's favor is that it can continue to be a scrapping the absolute bottom of the barrel patent troll.

Unfortunately for the larger economy, that remains an economically viable business plan for companies that understand the cost of settling is almost always less than the cost of litigating.

You hire some lawyers willing to work for a percentage of the settlement so your outlay is zero and just hope that for actual multi-billion dollar enterprises to throw money at you instead of throwing more into litigating.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #214
lamboguy

this one is not that much of a gamble. for those of you that are familiar with Ropes and Grey, they are a top law firm that does not like to take on losing cases, its very bad for business. so far they have successfully sued, won and settled a case with Microsoft for SFOR.

monday when they announced the legal suit against Gemalto, which happens to be a large cap stock in Europe, their stock tanked 20% for the day.

the big money in this stock will not be their business plan or their law suits, there will be a company that buys them out to avoid being sued. i can't promise you that will happen, but i have seen others where it did in the past. either way it really can't turn out that bad for SFOR.

i didn't have to post this stock here either, i am not asking for anything. but i certainly don't mind anyone taking the other side of the play. that is what makes a market.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #215
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
The DOW traded 166 million shares less today than on Mar 17th, today wasn't even remotely in the "volatility" range......It just plain SOLD OFF today, with little to no resistance. So, what happened to the perennial "dip" buyers?? Where were they today, on spring break? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see who shows up in the next 3 trading days, a Black Swan perhaps?

Mar 17, 2017
DOW Volume- 535,280,000
20,914.62 -19.93

Mar 21, 2017
DOW Volume- 369,320,000
20,668.01 -237.85
Tomorrow's vote in the House will be key.

I can't imagine the current bill getting through the Senate but at a minimum getting something out of the House is built in.

If it doesn't happen, it will suddenly occur to everyone that tax reform, infrastructure, and the rest of the Trump economic agenda is at risk.

I'm pretty sure they will find a way to get the votes but if not, look out below.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #216
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Patent trolling has been a disaster for investors.

Besides the 99.9999% loss in sfor , we also have VHC
Old 03-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #217
lamboguy

Quote:
Patent trolling has been a disaster for investors.

Besides the 99.9999% loss in sfor , we also have VHC
whatever you say chief.

i say these low prices on this stock won't be around to much longer. i am sure you have done your homework on this stock, because i have and i love it even more now. opportunity's like this one don't present itself that often in life.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #218
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Have to say, it sure is in play.

If you can time the moves and not get caught holding a big fat bag one day, money can be made.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:13 PM   #219
lamboguy

Quote:
Have to say, it sure is in play.

If you can time the moves and not get caught holding a big fat bag one day, money can be made.
i have done a little of that because of the volatility in the stock now. but the company does have a real product. they are one big order away from getting the party started on this.

they settled the Microsoft case for $9.7 million and paid off half their debt with the money. if the company was a scam the CEO would have given himself a raise in pay and scooped the money.

they have 6 more cases going on that are the same size as Microsoft. Ropes and Grey have taken on the case, that is no small feat either.

more than likely one of these that are being sued are going to buy out SFOR. its really just a question of when. it might be real soon. they would be paying about 5 times the amount of money that they are going to get sued for and own the patent all to themselves.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #220
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Tomorrow's vote in the House will be key.

I can't imagine the current bill getting through the Senate but at a minimum getting something out of the House is built in.

If it doesn't happen, it will suddenly occur to everyone that tax reform, infrastructure, and the rest of the Trump economic agenda is at risk.

I'm pretty sure they will find a way to get the votes but if not, look out below.
As of right now, the House of Representatives has delayed its vote on repealing and replacing parts of the Affordable Care Act after Republican leaders failed to rally enough support to pass the bill...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #221
lamboguy

SFOR went up 17% but really wasn't even worth posting because there was no volume just like the rest of week. its probably going to finish this week the same way it started for whatever that is worth.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #222
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
As of right now, the House of Representatives has delayed its vote on repealing and replacing parts of the Affordable Care Act after Republican leaders failed to rally enough support to pass the bill...
I just heard Freedom Caucus chair Mark Meadows press conference. He said he is currently a "no" but trying to get to "yes".

There is no threat to them from any Democratic oppononent. Their seats are only at risk from a more conservative primary opponent. I think the Freedom Caucus is feeling pretty bold and isn't afraid of any fallout from this failing. Trump's threat to campaign against them is empty.

Hindsight is easy, but it's clear that putting this first on the agenda was a mistake. Tax reform would have been better for the markets and probably an easier lift. And I think that could also be at risk if replace fails.

But Trump has shown himself to be a good negotiator so maybe he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and threads what looks like a very tiny needle to get something passed in both the house and senate.

The market has just assumed tax reform would happen at some point in 2017. I think it may wake up to the possibility it won't tomorrow or Monday.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:48 PM   #223
lamboguy

https://www.insiderfinancial.com/wit...-again/120296/
Old 03-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #224
AltonKelsey
Veteran

some fun math

$9,000,000 is what per share?

$3 ?

30 cents

Try 0.003913043
Just sayin.

PS This is even more interesting. Bullish , bearish, huh?

http://www.americanlawyer.com/id=120...20170223225108

Last edited by AltonKelsey; 03-23-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:23 PM   #225
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
I just heard Freedom Caucus chair Mark Meadows press conference. He said he is currently a "no" but trying to get to "yes".

There is no threat to them from any Democratic oppononent. Their seats are only at risk from a more conservative primary opponent. I think the Freedom Caucus is feeling pretty bold and isn't afraid of any fallout from this failing. Trump's threat to campaign against them is empty.

Hindsight is easy, but it's clear that putting this first on the agenda was a mistake. Tax reform would have been better for the markets and probably an easier lift. And I think that could also be at risk if replace fails.

But Trump has shown himself to be a good negotiator so maybe he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and threads what looks like a very tiny needle to get something passed in both the house and senate.

The market has just assumed tax reform would happen at some point in 2017. I think it may wake up to the possibility it won't tomorrow or Monday.
All Paul Ryan needed to do was to present the GOP's 2015 ACA replacement bill that was vetoed by Barry Obama, and there'd be no problem getting the votes needed. It would have sailed through the House and it would have been very close to passing in the Senate too, imo.

But noooo. The village idiot lied to the President when he said he had the votes when he never did at any time. You see, Ryan's real agenda is to derail the Trump Train and kiss the arses of the insurance companies and his corporate donors, so America, be damned.

Paul Ryan and the GOP House leadership are the real losers tonight and forever. In time, he and the entire GOP leadership need to be replaced. And they will.

It was a bad bill from jump street and I am glad of its demise even though Trump will lose some political capital. I'm sorry that President Trump didn't call me for advice for if he did, I'd have let it be known that the Ryan Care bill was doomed, and by the way, fire Reinze Priebus too, ASAP. President Trump and America doesn't need a schmuck and a Ryan acolyte advising him, for sure.

Yes, Trump will get tarred somewhat for his support of Ryan Care but that will last a day or two. And when that ends, so will the 'leadership' of Paul Ryan; Trump takes over now and he will get things done, as we all know he usually does.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: