Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:45 AM   #3961
lamboguy

Sensient Technology (SXT)

this company has been trading sideways for a long time now, but recently the volumes has picked up and there are people pouring $ millions into it.

could these people be buying ahead of a big move? i am going to pay to find out!

what i have been doing is trying to find stocks with high degrees of potential action and risk 1% to make 5%. so far its been working decently. on SXT, i will try to find a good entry point tomorrow. this is not homerun material though.

gold is right below my breakout number now and could get big moves soon.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2022, 08:23 AM   #3962
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Market is playing a game with us....

Giving us hope 3rd time just to drop again....

Sickening!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (133.6 KB, 5 views)
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2022, 08:55 AM   #3963
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Market is playing a game with us....

Giving us hope 3rd time just to drop again....

Sickening!!!
by my numbers we are heading towards S+P 1140. it might take 4 years to get there, but it WILL be there to visit her friends.

but you can't be a lamb chop and hold positions or funds and never sell them when they are winning or losing spots. there will be times during this vicious destruction of money when you can actually make money going long.

i am sitting here in the internet world, so it's going to be very hard for someone to listen to me that doesn't know me. i am not a paid expert, i take care of my own money and when i am wrong i have no one to blame but myself.

right now the dow futures are up 200 points. i am expecting a real bad day for the S+P.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:22 AM   #3964
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

markets shitting the bed at the moment...imagine if this continues the rest of the day?
Old 05-20-2022, 12:23 PM   #3965
lamboguy

Bitcoin not holding price today, for that matter surprisingly gold is slightly negative
Old 05-20-2022, 12:45 PM   #3966
lamboguy

i have to leave now and go to a doctors appointment. its 12 45 and still no circuit breakers. i might be wrong on my circuit breaker call for today.
Old 05-20-2022, 04:02 PM   #3967
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i have to leave now and go to a doctors appointment. its 12 45 and still no circuit breakers. i might be wrong on my circuit breaker call for today.
no circuit breakers today, this market finished positive.

not to kewl though for next week! expect some major acceleration to the downside next week now..
Old 05-20-2022, 05:20 PM   #3968
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
no circuit breakers today, this market finished positive.

not to kewl though for next week! expect some major acceleration to the downside next week now..
You know what ..

You say something so many times..eventually you'll be right
Old 05-21-2022, 03:03 AM   #3969
lamboguy

Quote:
You know what ..

You say something so many times..eventually you'll be right
you are a very sharp guy.. if you have paid attention to my posts from 3 months ago, i was promising a 40% decline in the first quarter. i admit, it didn't happen in the month of April. but so far the Nasdaq is down 32% off the top, and the S+P officially hit bear market territory on May 20.

now i guess you should keep convincing yourself, with all the experience you have, and the expertise you probably listen and watch from the media that i am wrong. i suppose as long as you are happy going that way, losing money won't bother you that much.
Old 05-21-2022, 03:06 AM   #3970
lamboguy

Christine Breeves, an executive with US steel, sold $827,000 of her company's stock before the stock tanked 32%. her timing turned out to be spot on.

this is another one that i am to late to the party for. but i will keep looking.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:33 AM   #3971
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Christine Breeves, an executive with US steel, sold $827,000 of her company's stock before the stock tanked 32%. her timing turned out to be spot on.

this is another one that i am to late to the party for. but i will keep looking.
Inside info or just cashing out a profit?

Depends where she sold it...do you know what date?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (131.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-21-2022, 09:42 AM   #3972
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Inside info or just cashing out a profit?

Depends where she sold it...do you know what date?
Not likely, she was the only Exec officer selling. When something is up, it's more like rats off the ship. Selling volume was below average for the last two months. She only sold about 10% of her shares.

She is the Chief Financial Officer and either knows or has an advisor telling her to sell. The Price was way above the 250-day Exp. Moving Average. Price always returns to the 250-day periodically. Smart move is my guess.

https://schrts.co/vDUzhthF
Old 05-21-2022, 10:11 AM   #3973
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Not likely, she was the only Exec officer selling. When something is up, it's more like rats off the ship. Selling volume was below average for the last two months. She only sold about 10% of her shares.

She is the Chief Financial Officer and either knows or has an advisor telling her to sell. The Price was way above the 250-day Exp. Moving Average. Price always returns to the 250-day periodically. Smart move is my guess.

https://schrts.co/vDUzhthF
edit:, No I'm wrong, others sold too. But it's still only about 10% of her holdings.
Old 05-21-2022, 12:15 PM   #3974
lamboguy

i was late on the US Steel move, but i have been finding some good ones lately and have been able to participate somewhat in the pop or the drop.

its better than leaving your money in the market at risk day after day and have the sharps tear you end apart
Old 05-21-2022, 04:29 PM   #3975
lamboguy

the ceo of SOFi just spent $200,000 on his stock after the company has been doing nothing but going down for the year. does this guy know what he's doing with his money?