Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-19-2016, 12:55 AM   #1
menifee

Uncle Lino

Anyone other than me believe he has a shot on Sat?. Last two races were impressive. Seems to be getting better. Say the track is sloppy and Nyquist doesn't like it (too big ifs) - doesn't he get first run on the cheap speed and have a punchers chance at 12-1 or better?
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 01:30 AM   #2
arw629
First Time Gelding

Unless he gets the same setup Bernardini got in his Preakness God forbid ...i sound like a jerk saying that and hope that isn't the case but that is the only way he can win
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

I think his past odds tell a lot of the class story.
There's a reason he was a long shot vs. tougher horses, and favored vs. the Ca. Chrome horses.

He could end up being an important pace factor.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee
Anyone other than me believe he has a shot on Sat?. Last two races were impressive. Seems to be getting better. Say the track is sloppy and Nyquist doesn't like it (too big ifs) - doesn't he get first run on the cheap speed and have a punchers chance at 12-1 or better?
Uncle Lino may have the best shot out of the group to beat Nyquist. His 20/1 morning line is way off. Don't get me wrong though. Not thrilled to make too bold of a statement. Your 12-1 or even 10-1 seems to fall more in line with my view of reality.

Would have put both Exaggerator and Collected's line at about 7/1 and 8/1 respectively.

If they run in the slop I have no clue
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #5
boys at tosconova

the horse is buried. surprisingly, people and the pundits only seem to giving him a glance and moving on to the other new shooters. his last two races have been exceptional, and the horse merits a strong consideration because of it. i expect him to figure in this throughout, and would not be surprised to see him still be on the lead in the stretch.

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 05-19-2016 at 04:20 PM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #6
Valuist

I think Uncle Lino could be third betting choice in the race. He will be on my odds line.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 05:21 PM   #7
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629
Unless he gets the same setup Bernardini got in his Preakness God forbid ...i sound like a jerk saying that and hope that isn't the case but that is the only way he can win
Since he seems 10+ lengths less horse than Bernardini who was an outstanding runner, it wouldn't be a comparable situation even if Nyquist were to pull up.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 05:26 PM   #8
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I think Uncle Lino could be third betting choice in the race. He will be on my odds line.
no chance. strat and collected is where the money will go right after nye/exag,,it will go heavily towards those 2

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 05-19-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #9
jefftune

For what it's worth, Brisnet gave him a huge fig of 109 for his last race along with a 116 late pace fig.
jefftune is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 07:35 PM   #10
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftune
For what it's worth, Brisnet gave him a huge fig of 109 for his last race along with a 116 late pace fig.
as good as his last race was, his SA race should have opened more eyes than it did.

never mind finish itm...i think the horse could win.......wire to wire
Old 05-19-2016, 11:51 PM   #11
five-eighths

I am thinking he may hold on for a piece.

Noticed he was only carrying 118 last race, now up to 126, wonder if that will affect him.
five-eighths is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2016, 12:44 AM   #12
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova
no chance. strat and collected is where the money will go right after nye/exag,,it will go heavily towards those 2
Stradivari? If he's under 10-1, then the public is even dumber than we thought. The 3 year olds east of the Rockies are no good. Uncle Lino has faced much better horses than Stradivari or Collected.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2016, 01:30 AM   #13
PaceMasterT

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee
If you're looking to beat an odds on favorite, you don't look to a horse that runs the exact same race as that favorite, you look at someone who does something different. So, you need to be looking at the 5, 1, 10, 6 or the possibility that they inadvertently let the 9 get out to an easy lead (which doesn't seem likely with the 8 in the race, but then again the 8 has blinkers off).
PaceMasterT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2016, 11:39 AM   #14
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceMasterT
If you're looking to beat an odds on favorite, you don't look to a horse that runs the exact same race as that favorite, you look at someone who does something different.
that's poppycock
Old 05-20-2016, 01:27 PM   #15
letswastemoney

Laoban will make sure Uncle Lino doesn't even hit the board.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: