Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: How do you feel about gun control laws?
Current laws infringe on our rights and should be weakened 21 17.80%
Current laws are just fine, thanks. We don't need anything more 28 23.73%
Current laws are not satisfactory, there are "common sense" adjustments that should be made 69 58.47%
Voters: 118. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #136
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
Wanker, literally "one who wanks (masturbates)", is a general insult. It is a pejorative term of English origin common in Britain and other parts of the English-speaking world (mainly commonwealth nations), including Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.

now what about you!!
i would bet you would leave me for dead in the wanking department!!!
I am sure after a 12-pack even you would seem attractive
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #137
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You two could use a time-out from this thread.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #138
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Timing myself out on the naughty mat.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:34 PM   #139
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
i was simply reading it, and if he did not refer to me, then i would not have said anything.
but he did and so i did.
at least he now knows what a wanker is.
a look in the mirror would be self confirmation too!!
Old 02-18-2018, 10:25 PM   #140
FantasticDan
gelding

A long, disturbing accounting of how the intention of the 2nd amendment has been methodically twisted by the NRA:

Old 02-18-2018, 11:35 PM   #141
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
A long, disturbing accounting of how the intention of the 2nd amendment has been methodically twisted by the NRA:
Oops, hints of the truth about the liberal agenda are starting to bubble to the top of the swamp. The left doesn't really want "common sense adjustments" to gun control laws, they want to abolish the 2nd Amendment. Just as they don't really want a good deal on DACA, they want amnesty for 12 million illegals.

Ironic that the go-to researcher for the liberal history of the 2nd Amendment is named Carl T. Bogus.

And the Bogus story is a long and, for a lot of reasons disturbing, account. But it is not worth discussing because it is not relevant.

Laws with long histories are shaped by the original intent and by common usage and by changing norms and technology and by the courts. Whether or not it was the intent of the founders (I think it was), the 2nd Amendment today protects an individual right, and that is not going to be seriously challenged, let alone changed, for some time.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:27 AM   #142
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Oops, hints of the truth about the liberal agenda are starting to bubble to the top of the swamp. The left doesn't really want "common sense adjustments" to gun control laws, they want to abolish the 2nd Amendment.
That's what you get from that article, huh?

Well, I guess if you weren't as well stocked with paranoia as you are with ammunition, you wouldn't be a gun nut
Old 02-19-2018, 12:31 AM   #143
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:

Well, I guess if you weren't as well stocked with paranoia as you are with ammunition, you wouldn't be a gun nut
Takes one to know one
Old 02-19-2018, 12:53 AM   #144
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Takes one to know one
I appreciate you making an effort to improve the quality of your typical responses
Old 02-19-2018, 01:00 AM   #145
Clocker

Quote:

No, I got some good stuff there. Like I found out that the NRA was dormant through the 1960s because Lee Harvey Oswald bought his sniper rifle (I'm sure it would be called an assault weapon today) through an ad in the NRA magazine.

Actually, there was nothing in the article that I had not seen before. Just one more futile shot at trying to chip away at the 2nd Amendment.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:55 AM   #146
Clocker

Quote:
Paranoia is defined as delusions of persecution, imagining that people are out to get you. Gun owners have no delusions about it, they know that in reality there are people who want to abolish the 2nd Amendment and to take away their guns.

It is people that fear legal gun owners that are paranoid.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:50 AM   #147
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Paranoia is defined as delusions of persecution, imagining that people are out to get you. Gun owners have no delusions about it, they know that in reality there are people who want to abolish the 2nd Amendment and to take away their guns.

It is people that fear legal gun owners that are paranoid.
The above is why it's so hard to have meaningful discussions about gun control FD.

The mere fact we even talk about "assault weapons" instead of hand guns is proof the logic isn't nearly as important as emotion to gun control advocates.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #148
woodtoo

Meaningful discussion is what we need, what we want is some new tweets from people no one knows.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #149
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The above is why it's so hard to have meaningful discussions about gun control FD.

The mere fact we even talk about "assault weapons" instead of hand guns is proof the logic isn't nearly as important as emotion to gun control advocates.
More people are killed by knives than all rifles combined.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:39 AM   #150
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
More people are killed by knives than all rifles combined.
Not even close if you include all firearms vs. knife murders per the fbi's database. Looking at five years from 2009-2013, total firearm deaths(murders) were 64.8k in US. vs. 8.3k for knives. I didn't find the last five years, but would venture a guess that it's probably worse.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2009-2013.xls

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: