Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:48 PM   #916
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
They are VERY consistent. The consistently NEVER disqualify TAP.
Big shots get treated differently, even if a person wants to make the case that everyone gets treated the same, it's difficult to make the case that there's ZERO bias.

This is why I preach DQLess races, if favoritism creeps for jocks, trainers and owners, why would the betting public want these people playing with results? Pay the winners and mete out punishment the next day.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2016, 10:25 PM   #917
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Example of why Hong Kong is better:

http://racing.hkjc.com/racing/info/m...20160131/ST/07

Click on all-angles replay, then patrol replay to see the head-on view.

Race 7, Sunday - the Centernery Spring Cup - 1200 meters (6f, $HK 8,000,000 or $US 1,040,000

Aerovelocity comes off a layoff, stalks and crushes at 7.5 to 1, while "laying in" in deep stretch and most likely causing 3rd place finisher and favorite Peniaphobia a chance at running second, as he had to check hard. This benefits Gold-fun who was closing wide, but was nowhere close to the winner.

No inquiry. Objection was lodged. 9 out of 10 North American tracks would take this horse down in a normal race. 5 out of 10 North American tracks take this horse down in spite of it being a Grade 1 race.

Objection OVERRULED.

While I could see the logic in the 's fans arguing that the placing was lost, it certainly would have been a bigger crime to place the on top after such a dominating performance by the .

Different rules, better outcome - especially for the bettors. (Note - full disclosure - yes, I had money on Aerovelocity and really wasn't too worried, especially after a couple of the analysts were saying it didn't matter)

As SRU would say, "In Hong Kong, they pay the winners..."
Old 02-01-2016, 11:09 PM   #918
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

SRU will disagree but race 15 Portland today. 5 bumped the 4 at the start, then herded out the 6 horse 5 paths over (which impeded the 6789&10).

4 lost by a short head. Was cashing $6,700 plus the PICK 6 (possibly $78,000) if the 4 wins.

Haven't seen 1 Inquiry there in any of their 2F races (4 weeks of those now).
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2016, 09:02 PM   #919
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I suffered my worst DQ, all-time---today in the 4th @ Turf Paradise. I can usually bounce back quickly--but this one hurt.

I had the prime-bet win, exacta, and trifecta.....if they had only dq'd PRINCE OF PARIS to 2nd or 3rd, I would have at least still had a whopping trifecta.

Nope, horse was dq'd to 4th. I got nada.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PRINCEOFPARIS.JPG (94.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg RESULTS.JPG (112.3 KB, 3 views)
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #920
Stillriledup
Veteran

Lets play a game, list your top 3 or 4 tracks that you feel you've suffered baffling DQs and seen baffling leave ups, list the tracks where you would be most nervous if you won a race and were blinking for the most minor incident in horse racing history.

My top 4, in order with track 1 being my most nervous.

1) CT
1a) Mtn
2) turf paradise
3) nyra

Hon mention: Sam Houston
Old 02-03-2016, 09:36 PM   #921
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Lets play a game, list your top 3 or 4 tracks that you feel you've suffered baffling DQs and seen baffling leave ups, list the tracks where you would be most nervous if you won a race and were blinking for the most minor incident in horse racing history.

1) CT
1a) Mtn
2) turf paradise
3) nyra

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME 4 but would add Emerald in there (for 2015). In 2014, 2013 and 2012, I had almost zero issues with them.

Turf Paralyzed would be the worst. They had the most amazing DQ about 4 years ago. I know there was a thread here about it but I can't find it. They blinked a 2 horse that I crushed in a Turf Route. He sat pocket the whole way, was never near another horse, angled out into the lane and won easy.

They showed the stretch run, nothing to see. They then switched to the gate. Nothing to see. 5 minutes later the backstretch. No infractions.

Finally 10-13 minutes into finding nothing, they showed the far turn run. The horse in the 2nd pocket had a minor check (nothing to do with the pocket running winner). They showed it 20 times. As if they could convince someone that something happened. They took the horse down. I punched the TV, spit on their name (on the DRF) and haven't played many races there since. They used to get major action from me, never again. Have zero confidence in their drug laden, shady background owner, Diodorio destroyed craphole.

NYRA- the greatest circuit in the USA and (putting this politically correct and nicely) it's being ruined by a few questionable characters.

MTN-never forget their ridiculously BAD DQ's in 2015. Horse kept a straight line (if you drew a white chalk line in the stretch, this horse followed it to the TEE) and was DQ'd in error (or for some other reason).

Chuck Town-Will never forget an inquiry that started at 11:00 pm back in 2005 and lasted till the next day. Not kidding.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #922
bks

SA #1, 2/6/16

Are you kidding me????

unquestionably comes in on the , who's trapped on the rail at the time and soundly contacts him. The then bulls his way out, bumping back w equal force a couple of times. is trying to get in the whole time, it seems, and the is disqualified.

How can the horse who initiates contact while lugging in be rewarded??
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #923
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks
Are you kidding me????

unquestionably comes in on the , who's trapped on the rail at the time and soundly contacts him. The then bulls his way out, bumping back w equal force a couple of times. is trying to get in the whole time, it seems, and the is disqualified.

How can the horse who initiates contact while lugging in be rewarded??
He can't be.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:50 PM   #924
azeri98

Quote:

1) CT
1a) Mtn
2) turf paradise
3) nyra

Woodbine, just cause I play the most races there but not% wise.
Gp, if I bet a race with a dq I am always on the losing end
Ct
Hastings
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #925
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:

1) CT
1a) Mtn
2) turf paradise
3) nyra

I know that you allegedly just don't watch TuP anymore, but this needs to be off your list now. Turf Paradise, especially this year, has been as close to SRU Downs as you can get. Other than one takedown of Ramgeet that seemed utterly inconsistent with the rest of the decisions, they just haven't taken much of anything down ever unless it's a impossible not to take the horse down. Honestly, the new crew has been fantastic in the afternoon the last couple of seasons.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 06:47 PM   #926
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
I know that you allegedly just don't watch TuP anymore, but this needs to be off your list now. Turf Paradise, especially this year, has been as close to SRU Downs as you can get. Other than one takedown of Ramgeet that seemed utterly inconsistent with the rest of the decisions, they just haven't taken much of anything down ever unless it's a impossible not to take the horse down. Honestly, the new crew has been fantastic in the afternoon the last couple of seasons.
Good to know. I'll take them off.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:45 PM   #927
RunDustyRun

race 5 at GP.... ridden by Paco Lopez taken down for doing nothing but race riding.... was never getting by...and yes, it cost me the pick 5....this game can drive me crazy
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #928
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun
race 5 at GP.... ridden by Paco Lopez taken down for doing nothing but race riding.... was never getting by...and yes, it cost me the pick 5....this game can drive me crazy
The part were you said "he's never getting by" is insane. The horse was loaded and if you watch the gallop out he passes the other horse even after being stopped. The thing that sucks is the put a horse who was never going to win the

Now the real issue is the problem that there's no true head on. The head on is awful. I have no idea if it was a good call or not because the camera is 50 feet to the right of the horses. I looked at it three times and had no idea.

Caton was all over this on Tvg. She said Paco has had lots of issues with the stewards and they've shown him no mercy. The fact he looked over his shoulder, stearred his horse into the other horses path and hit him right handed was going to do him in. She totally predicted he was going to come down without saying it.

I'm sorry you got DQed but this ones on Paco.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2016, 03:12 PM   #929
RunDustyRun

so now the new rule is that if a Jock looks to his inside his horse is taken down...Rosario sold it and with all respect, I just didn't see the getting by, no matter what happened in the gallop out...and from the head on I saw, Rosario could have gotten through on the rail although it would have been tight...
I understand that Paco is a master at "intimidating" other jockeys and horses but you can't punish the owners and betters based on past rides...judge the current one

Last edited by RunDustyRun; 02-13-2016 at 03:14 PM.
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #930
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun
so now the new rule is that if a Jock looks to his inside his horse is taken down...Rosario sold it and with all respect, I just didn't see the getting by, no matter what happened in the gallop out...and from the head on I saw, Rosario could have gotten through on the rail although it would have been tight...
I understand that Paco is a master at "intimidating" other jockeys and horses but you can't punish the owners and betters based on past rides...judge the current one
Stewards base DQs on

1) jockey age/experience/reputation.

2) how the feel that day (whims)

3) sometimes without direct head ons, mostly on turf courses, but just pretend they're really head ons and pretend the head on and the non head on give the same perspective.

4) when they're in the mood to be silly old men with agendas flaunting power.

5) they try and be as inconsistent as possible by not remembering past DQs and past leave ups and create a standard. On Jan 1st a minor bump that didnt cost anyone a placing can be punished but on Jan 2 the same exact bump will be left up.