Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:20 PM   #541
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Do you honestly believe Bill Clinton would have been elected president if he hadn't married Hillary Rodham?
Highly unlikely. Bill had all the political skills that Hillary did not, but I don't think that he had the ambition. She supplied the blind ambition, the dirty tricks, the cover-ups (e.g., bimbo eruptions) and the nagging.

Quote:
the primary breadwinner for the Clinton family
And early on, she provided the money. Which she could not have bought in without riding on Bill's coat tails. She taught law at the University of Arkansas until Bill became Attorney General of the state. Only after that did she enter private practice at one of the top law firms in the state. Only after Bill was elected governor did she become a partner of that firm. Only after Bill was elected governor did she sit on the board of directors at Wal-Mart, where she got some big bucks and lots of stock and said nothing during that company's extensive battles with unions.

Interesting that she kept her maiden name after marriage, changing it to Clinton years later after the name became a valuable political commodity.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:04 PM   #542
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Highly unlikely. Bill had all the political skills that Hillary did not, but I don't think that he had the ambition. She supplied the blind ambition, the dirty tricks, the cover-ups (e.g., bimbo eruptions) and the nagging.
Wow, did you hear that, Bill? You didn't have the ambition. All those biographies about you that detail your relentless drive and determination, what they got wrong is that you never really had the stomach for it until your "nagging" wife came along..
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2015, 01:09 PM   #543
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Bill had all the political skills that Hillary did not,
Bill had the charm factor that Hillary doesn't.
Yes he was a Rhodes Scholar, but she was the brains behind his balls.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #544
Clocker

Quote:
Wow, did you hear that, Bill? You didn't have the ambition.
Quote:
ambition--a strong desire to do or to achieve something, typically requiring determination and hard work
Bill had the desire, he didn't have the determination required. Exhibit A was his inability to keep Little Willie inside his pants. Political suicide without a wife willing to appear to stand by her man to save his career.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #545
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh, you mean the vast right-wing conspiracy Hillary uncovered to save her man-pig?

Just another in a lifetime of lies by Hillary.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #546
Clocker

I just heard some interesting comments on the up-coming Dem debate from Major Garrett, the CBS political guy. He said that 20 years ago Bernie Sanders was on the far left fringes of liberal politics and now he is practically main stream. And Bernie hasn't moved an inch in that time. He said a big thing to watch for in the Dem debate on Saturday is how far left Hillary moves to go after Bernie's supporters.

Hillary always reminds me of the punch line from that old joke, "We have already established what you are, we are just dickering over price."
Old 11-13-2015, 04:19 PM   #547
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Do you honestly believe Bill Clinton would have been elected president if he hadn't married Hillary Rodham?
/[/url]
Yes, you're clueless. What's Media Matters (David Brock) telling you to say today?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #548
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Yes, you're clueless. What's Media Matters (David Brock) telling you to say today?

Good response. You've distinguished yourself.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #549
reckless
Veteran

I seem to be in the minority here but I truly hope that Hillary is the Democrat nominee.

She is a consistent serial failure, chronic liar, and the quintessential queen of corruption. She is everything that is wrong about Democrats and liberals.

There is not a Republican in this campaign who can't beat her, with the exception of Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Chris Christie. America, especially at this moment, needs someone who is a real strong leader, is pro USA sovereignty and is legitimately pro military and pro defense.

Phonies, panderers, corporate toadies, pseudo bullies and weaklings need not apply.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2015, 07:47 PM   #550
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
I seem to be in the minority here but I truly hope that Hillary is the Democrat nominee......................

There is not a Republican in this campaign who can't beat her, with the exception of Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Chris Christie.
Be careful what you wish for.
Unless the FBI takes her down, Hillary will most likely be the Democrat nominee.

The Republican candidate, whoever it is, will have a hard time beating her.
Trump would likely have the best chance of beating her, except his immigration deportation policy is grandiose and is destroying his credibility among Latinos, and Independents.
Other than Trump, only Rubio and Cruz might give her a run for her money as they might bring more Latinos to the Republican side.
The rest have next to no chance against her.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #551
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Debate?
Saturday?

The network met with the participants coach them and let them know what was going to be asked so they can be prepared, and is showing it on a night when relatively few will bother to watch it.

There is no way this bitch can win the election.
America is just not that stupid.

Democrats are loud, offensive people, but their blathering is so loud and offensive it just sounds like it is everyone.

We all know polls are relatively worthless. I have no doubt much of Hillary's support is manufactured. The doctor up the global temperature numbers, so I am sure they have their though police at work on the polling results as well.

Have faith - never in history has a nation been so pathetic that it would elect this vermin.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:01 PM   #552
magwell

Now we know she didn't lie, she's just confused.....
Old 11-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #553
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Debate?
Saturday?

The network met with the participants coach them and let them know what was going to be asked so they can be prepared, and is showing it on a night when relatively few will bother to watch it.

Democrats are loud, offensive people, but their blathering is so loud and offensive it just sounds like it is everyone.

We all know polls are relatively worthless. I have no doubt much of Hillary's support is manufactured. The doctor up the global temperature numbers, so I am sure they have their though police at work on the polling results as well.

Have faith - never in history has a nation been so pathetic that it would elect this vermin.

Then what's Limbaugh and Fox News? Tibetan Monks. you know i don't think you've ever heard one true Liberal. Never heard of Tom Hartman on Free Speech TV? He would never be on a major network, not a yell, screamer guy.
It's all about ratings.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2015, 05:33 PM   #554
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
America was stupid enough to give Obama a second term, which convinced me that the collective National IQ is falling.
Hillary, will be a tough beat if the FBI doesn't take her down.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #555
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
you know i don't think you've ever heard one true Liberal.
Hillary and Bernie are not true liberals? None of the talking heads on MSNBC are true liberals?