Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:30 AM   #436
lamboguy

after watching most of Hillary's testimony, i thought the whole process was nothing short of a smokescreen for both the people asking the questions and by her answering those questions about movies and reasons why they thought their people were attacked.

i don't think that Hillary knows a thing about securing embassy's. the only questions i would have asked during the 11 hours would have been who was the person or people delegated the responsibility of security. then i would have asked her if she personally instructed them in any way. if she had anything to do with denying the requests for help then she should be arrested.

instead of asking that question, the committee focused in on the reasons why the terrorists took down our people..that reason or reasons have zero to do with security..

it was truly a very sad day for me watching the hearing yesterday. the only conclusion that i could come up with was that the person's asking the questions were worse than Hillary answering the questions whether she was lying or being truthful. the whole truth was very doubtful.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2015, 07:06 AM   #437
Spiderman

Secretary Clinton is to be applauded for withstanding the abusive, vicious vile spewed by the gop partisans. She handled the questions with grace and aplomb in a manner that befits her credentials to lead the United States. The outcome of the hearing revealed the negativity of the low-life republicants who cannot govern.

At the time of the Benghazi attack, a wave of enmity was engendered by the release of a video denigrating Muslims. Protests and demonstrations swept across Arab nations. The fog of war, the media’s demand for immediate answers were contributing to providing answers. The upcoming election spurred republicans to be critical of the event in Benghazi, but not to fifteen previous attacks on US embassies and consulates.

The video did play a part; militant subversives in the Arab world used it as a rallying cry . Unraveling all of the minute details with total precision is beyond the realm of possibility. The US did not/were not allowed to provide "boots on the ground" to support the Libyan revolution that toppled Ghadafi; the tea party congress denied funding for necessary security; US military support was more than an hour away in Italy and Malta while the attack was ongoing; intelligence reports from the scene were slim to none.

The attack on Secretary Clinton is reminiscent of the McCarthy HUAC hearings. Have we not learned from history?
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2015, 09:07 AM   #438
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The "attack" on Hillary is nothing compared to the real attack that killed 4 Americans and was enabled by her incompetence.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:09 AM   #439
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
At the time of the Benghazi attack, a wave of enmity was engendered by the release of a video denigrating Muslims.
Hillary's own emails to Egypt and her family on 9/11 say that this attack had nothing to do with any video. You calling her a liar?
Old 10-23-2015, 09:46 AM   #440
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Secretary Clinton is to be applauded for withstanding the abusive, vicious vile spewed by the gop partisans. She handled the questions with grace and aplomb in a manner that befits her credentials to lead the United States.
Agreed. I hate to admit it, but she was very impressive.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2015, 09:59 AM   #441
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
You calling her a liar?
Some people think so. Like the families of the dead.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...html?nopager=1

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/23/be...hearing-video/
Old 10-23-2015, 10:08 AM   #442
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Like I said before except for college I had the best time of my life.
Let me guess, you majored in Happy Hour?
Old 10-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #443
Clocker

Hillary told the mother of one of the victims that she would get back to her with more information after the funeral. Hillary never did. When the mother pressed for more information, she was told that she was not entitled to it because she was not a member of the immediate family.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/moth...ton-shes-lying
Old 10-23-2015, 11:44 AM   #444
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

She also told the video lie when the coffins came home.
Long after she CLEARLY documented that it had nothing to do with a video.

The only thing Hillary was concerned with that day was the election and covering her ass. How can you stand there and lie to those relatives?
What a POS she is.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:16 PM   #445
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
She also told the video lie when the coffins came home.
Long after she CLEARLY documented that it had nothing to do with a video.

The only thing Hillary was concerned with that day was the election and covering her ass. How can you stand there and lie to those relatives?
What a POS she is.
And ANYONE, who claims that she is NOT a liar, is also a POS, and a complete idiot.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2015, 03:42 PM   #446
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
As the HEAD of the department, I expect she would be aware of over 600 requests for help, which would indicate that those so-called experts were not doing their jobs. Seeing how 4 Americans died, it is OBVIOUS those experts were anything but.

When you are in charge, you do not get to outsource your responsibilities.
They died directly because of her neglect and incompetence.

Hillary is as guilty as those who burned the compound that night.
Being HEAD of the Sate Department is not the same as being Quality Control manager in some rinky dink company. The State Department has over 70,000 employees world wide. It runs 248 embassies, consulates and diplomatic missions all over the globe.

The job of the Secretary of State is to represent the United States diplomatically. She is the chief negotiator for this country. She is not an office manager. She has Department heads for that.

What do we know about those 600 emails? What did they ask for? Who sent them? Did they come from one person? Or a few? Or many? who received them? How many were passed up the chain? How many were ignored because they were duplicates for items already in process.

600 emails on security between Jan. 1 2012 and Sept. 11, 2012. That is more than 3 emails each working day. What could they possibly have been asking for? How many different security concerns could there have been?

Do you, or anyone, have a link to the actual emails so we can see what is in them? I doubt it.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #447
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Being HEAD of the Sate Department is not the same as being Quality Control manager in some rinky dink company. The State Department has over 70,000 employees world wide. It runs 248 embassies, consulates and diplomatic missions all over the globe.

The job of the Secretary of State is to represent the United States diplomatically. She is the chief negotiator for this country. She is not an office manager. She has Department heads for that.
it.
Let's change the fact pattern a bit. There's a CEO of a company with 70,000 employees and 55 plants around the world. Over the past few months, one of her plant managers (and a few regional employees on occasion) has emailed the CEO on numerous occasions. Each email carried the same basic message: "We need to upgrade the filtration system in the plant. Toxic fumes are at dangerous levels. We could have a real problem on our hands."

The CEO does nothing.

A month later, 13 employees die inside the plant from the build up of toxic gases - the air filtration system stopped working altogether.

You would blame the CEO? YES or NO. I already know the answer, but feel free to give a disingenuous answer.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2015, 05:24 PM   #448
dartman51

http://www.state.gov/secretary/115194.htm

From the site:

Serves as the President's principal adviser on U.S. foreign policy;
Conducts negotiations relating to U.S. foreign affairs;
Grants and issues passports to American citizens and exequaturs to foreign consuls in the United States;
Advises the President on the appointment of U.S. ambassadors, ministers, consuls, and other diplomatic representatives;
Advises the President regarding the acceptance, recall, and dismissal of the representatives of foreign governments;
Personally participates in or directs U.S. representatives to international conferences, organizations, and agencies;
Negotiates, interprets, and terminates treaties and agreements;
Ensures the protection of the U.S. Government to American citizens, property, and interests in foreign countries;
Supervises the administration of U.S. immigration laws abroad;
Provides information to American citizens regarding the political, economic, social, cultural, and humanitarian conditions in foreign countries;
Informs the Congress and American citizens on the conduct of U.S. foreign relations;
Promotes beneficial economic intercourse between the United States and other countries;
Administers the Department of State;
Supervises the Foreign Service of the United States.

Last edited by dartman51; 10-23-2015 at 05:25 PM.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #449
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Let's change the fact pattern a bit. There's a CEO of a company with 70,000 employees and 55 plants around the world. Over the past few months, one of her plant managers (and a few regional employees on occasion) has emailed the CEO on numerous occasions. Each email carried the same basic message: "We need to upgrade the filtration system in the plant. Toxic fumes are at dangerous levels. We could have a real problem on our hands."

The CEO does nothing.

A month later, 13 employees die inside the plant from the build up of toxic gases - the air filtration system stopped working altogether.

You would blame the CEO? YES or NO. I already know the answer, but feel free to give a disingenuous answer.
what you meant to say was let's change the facts so they no longer resemble the original scenario in any way. In your scenario, the CEO was regularly receiving direct emails. In the original scenario, the "CEO" never received the emails either directly or otherwise. In your scenario, nothing is done. The emails are ignored. In the original scenario, security experts analyze the requests. None are ignored. Many are implemented; many are not, but all are considered.

But here is the 800 pound gorilla in the room which you are deliberately ignoring. The Republican controlled congress repeatedly rejected requests for increased funding for diplomatic security.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #450
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike

The CEO does nothing.

My wife said Hillary took in more money in 1 hour than she did in 1 hour all year after that debate.

CEO's do a lot of flying. she cannot fly all over the world, fly to babysit Netanyahu, Geneva , Putin and yada yada yada, keep in touch with 276 embassies. read all the e-mails. I quit a job because I traveled 3-5 days a week for the first 6 months of every year , would sit in the Hotel room answering e-mails to midnight. Get off the plane, sit in a bathroom stall taking phone calls. and get the "where are you?"

Let me tell you something else, most of the Pubs were former prosecutors. what's so hard about incarcerating a bunch of poor uneducated minorities with all white juries? Overrated, TMZ "I'm a lawyer" They tangled with a Yale lawyer, case dismissed!

The only Republican I thought was clever was that Westmoreland. The only one to have the BRAINS not to look a fool picking on some old lady.

They got some nerve telling her she was not working when they get 200 days off a year

Last edited by ebcorde; 10-23-2015 at 06:55 PM.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply