Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-29-2018, 06:05 PM   #1
HHE10
BANNED

Cool Breeders Cup Tickets

So the Breeders Cup is coming up in a few months. Tickets went around $180 for the Saturday and are not that bad of a price. So do you think it’s a good idea to go or no. Want honest opinions on this please and thank you.
HHE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
martini

Well, considering you can see the BC at Churchill for a fraction of the price of seeing the KY Derby there, I'd say it's good value. Go.
martini is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 06:39 AM   #3
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Well, considering you can see the BC at Churchill for a fraction of the price of seeing the KY Derby there, I'd say it's good value. Go.
I have always enjoyed the bc at Churchill.

Too bad the football cardinals are. Not playing that weekend at home.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 09:54 AM   #4
cato
Irrationally exuberant

We went the year that Zenyatta ran her last race - losing to Blame in a heroic effort.

The whole thing was fantastic - great racing and betting. Also the crowd was manageable (unlike at the Derby)

Be ready to learn a lot about Bourbon

Get a hotel room soon!
cato is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #5
LemonSoupKid

This year's SA presale

I just took a look at the Santa Anita BC presale, and I noticed that prices for seats were up, fairly dramatically from the last few (last was 2016) there. On Friday, I typically don't need much more than general admission, since it's not that well attended and the first level and stairs are just fine; in years past you might even be able to just go up the stairs into the grandstand without getting checked. Either way I don't care. But for Saturday it's probably much nicer to have a ticket and seat. Can any of you regulars refresh my memory, please? The J-K tickets are super expensive, it seems, for what they are. Is there really much of a difference between those and the L-N, for example?

I appreciate the input, as I might try to buy next week. Also, I've noticed at near all of the venues, you can fairly easily scalp on race days, probably for face or less, no? Obviously that's easier at SA than Keeneland or Del Mar but I saw even those as pretty easy entries the last few years, as well.

Best,

LSK
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #6
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
I just took a look at the Santa Anita BC presale, and I noticed that prices for seats were up, fairly dramatically from the last few (last was 2016) there. On Friday, I typically don't need much more than general admission, since it's not that well attended and the first level and stairs are just fine; in years past you might even be able to just go up the stairs into the grandstand without getting checked. Either way I don't care. But for Saturday it's probably much nicer to have a ticket and seat. Can any of you regulars refresh my memory, please? The J-K tickets are super expensive, it seems, for what they are. Is there really much of a difference between those and the L-N, for example?

I appreciate the input, as I might try to buy next week. Also, I've noticed at near all of the venues, you can fairly easily scalp on race days, probably for face or less, no? Obviously that's easier at SA than Keeneland or Del Mar but I saw even those as pretty easy entries the last few years, as well.

Best,

LSK
The k seats are most excellent we (my friend, his wife and myself) had a great view section k row 2 seats 1,2,3. 900 bucks total for Saturday. (300 each).

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #7
clarkd32

does anyone know a ballpark of what tix will cost to get into SA for BC from past experiences? never been to SA. went last year to BC at CD and was able to get great seats for both days for like $100 total. SA is smaller so i'm just trying to get an idea maybe what others paid last time BC was at SA.

thanks for any help!
clarkd32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2019, 11:48 PM   #8
MooseDog

Santa Anita's a massive track so there won't be any problem with limited space. A seat is going to run you $25 and up per day, general admission (probably limited to ground level and infield) $15 Fri $25 Sat

www.breederscup.com/tickets
MooseDog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #9
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkd32 View Post
does anyone know a ballpark of what tix will cost to get into SA for BC from past experiences? never been to SA. went last year to BC at CD and was able to get great seats for both days for like $100 total. SA is smaller so i'm just trying to get an idea maybe what others paid last time BC was at SA.

thanks for any help!
More specifically, if you aren't high maintenance at all (most horseplayers aren't), General Admission is more than enough for Friday and it's $15 as stated above (used to be $10). Back when it was $10 you could even easily just take a grandstand seat, but they got somewhat strict last time --- the point is that it's barely half full on Friday. It is a pretty big track, no doubt.

For Saturday I think it's worth paying up for a proper seat. I'm not sure that it's worth it to sit at J-K, since it's not the finish line anyway, so I'll probably grab the ones further down for half the price, but below the walkway. It gets pretty darn busy at the end of the day, last 4-5 races or so. The Classic is standing room alone essentially.

I love Santa Anita because of the generally great weather, big track, and fine accommodations.

Best of luck to everyone
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2019, 10:03 PM   #10
airford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
The k seats are most excellent we (my friend, his wife and myself) had a great view section k row 2 seats 1,2,3. 900 bucks total for Saturday. (300 each).

Allan
Those are my seats on any non breeders cup day. Just sayin.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2019, 09:46 AM   #11
Dream_Police

All GA tickets for Breeders Cup and Derby are standing room only and infield(Derby, BC does not allow the infield to be open) all seats for those days are ticketed. They also do not allow entrance to seating areas. If you want to see a race on those days you better find a TV or watch the Big Board in the infield or the paddock area. Programs were free for both days of the BC, saving you $10 for what that is worth.
Dream_Police is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: