Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-16-2019, 10:17 AM   #2311
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Lame....Just show today's video of her actually walking or speaking, but you can't.

She won't show next week due to a relapse or some other 'notorious' excuse.

Reality is, we need to put an age limit on ANY office. 80 makes sense. Maybe 75.

My father turned 78 this past October. The sharpest most brilliant man I've ever met in my life (I may be a bit biased ). He has never had any health problems in his life, only a hip replacement.

Troubling part, is I'm seeing his demise. It sucks. Last 5 years have been particularly brutal. Getting old sucks. He is no longer as sharp or witty. He walks and talks slower. He can't drive for shit, and his forever "want to" seems to be gone.

There is no reason anybody should be on our Supreme Court at the age of 80+. Any normal job they would have been fired 2 decades ago for somebody younger and smarter. Why should one of the most important positions in all of our country be treated any different?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 10:29 AM   #2312
ElKabong

LDH above post is right on. We all could give examples of very bright and productive people that hit the inevitable downhill slope. 72 or so should be the absolute ceiling for someone in her position

I tell my wife al the time, trump amazes me with his energy for his age. The guy ought to be on a golf course each morning, nap in the afternoons for rest... Like his politics or not, he's demonstrated a ton of energy at his age.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #2313
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
LDH above post is right on. We all could give examples of very bright and productive people that hit the inevitable downhill slope. 72 or so should be the absolute ceiling for someone in her position

I tell my wife al the time, trump amazes me with his energy for his age. The guy ought to be on a golf course each morning, nap in the afternoons for rest... Like his politics or not, he's demonstrated a ton of energy at his age.
I'm sure it's attributed to meth or coke...
Old 02-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #2314
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Roberts is 'dead' in my eyes and has been for years; Kavanaugh has already attempted suicide, so early in his tenure too; as for Gorsuch ... let's just say he's on a 24-hour watch.
The above opinion doesn't matter, reckless. That's a fact of life. They're serving, that's all that matters. I'm not saying anyone, you included, doesn't or can't have an opinion of course. But it is what it is. A whole lot of people have a problem understanding that. DJT haters included.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #2315
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Page Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Roberts is 'dead' in my eyes and has been for years; Kavanaugh has already attempted suicide, so early in his tenure too; as for Gorsuch ... let's just say he's on a 24-hour watch.
I propose RBG have a photo taken every day with today's New York Post as "proof of life"

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #2316
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Pretty sure our POTUS doesn't drink or drug.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #2317
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Pretty sure our POTUS doesn't drink or drug.
I was being sarcastic. I'll use next time

I'm quite sure a majority of the never-Trumpers on this board think he's on drugs though...

I was just beating them to the punch.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #2318
davew

Quote:
Putin keeps sending him young women to continue the collusion.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #2319
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. I'll use next time

I'm quite sure a majority of the never-Trumpers on this board think he's on drugs though...

I was just beating them to the punch.

Shit. I'm getting old.

Used to have a pretty good sarcasm meter. All downhill from here.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:06 PM   #2320
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
He sure has! It's tough work spending huge chunks of your day on "whimsy" and watching TV, and then having to hunt down the guy who leaked that you spend huge chunks of your day on "whimsy" and watching TV

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ve-time-944996

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...hedule-1160691
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 12:22 PM   #2321
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
He sure has! It's tough work spending huge chunks of your day on "whimsy" and watching TV, and then having to hunt down the guy who leaked that you spend huge chunks of your day on "whimsy" and watching TV

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ve-time-944996

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...hedule-1160691
Yeah....tee hee....hee hee....hah hah....tee hee
Old 02-17-2019, 04:28 PM   #2322
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
The above opinion doesn't matter, reckless. That's a fact of life. They're serving, that's all that matters. I'm not saying anyone, you included, doesn't or can't have an opinion of course. But it is what it is. A whole lot of people have a problem understanding that. DJT haters included.

Nothing the SC ever did bothered me before. The reason was the Court simply did their job -- adjudicate issues that pertained to the US Constitution!!

All that changed many years ago.

Then in more recent years, the Congress abdicated their responsibilities of writing legislation as well.

Now we also have compromised, ignorant, highly partisan and brain dead politicians going to the SC and basically begging them to bail them out and legislate from bench.

These pols don't even want to have a debate on the most important of issues. They kick the can down the road and wait for the election season to begin before campaigning on those issues. Then after the election none of those promises they ran on gets presented for a vote much less passed.

The SC judges named above have already shown they will rule according to popular thinking and expediency, imo.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2019, 04:38 PM   #2323
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
I propose RBG have a photo taken every day with today's New York Post as "proof of life"
Never happen because the media now wishes to protect RBG'S "privacy.' Of course.

Yet in the past when she's had serious health issues and questions, the very same media was very quick to snap photos of her in a sweat suit on a bike or in the gym.

This was done solely to swerve this very naive country of ours that she's vigorous and full of piss and vineger when she obviously wasn't/isn't.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #2324
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #2325
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Rush is right