Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-31-2019, 10:02 PM   #46
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Kamala didn't go crazy far left by saying Guvmint Healthcare for all and replacing private healthcare for well over half of Americans via their employment?

How far left we need to go to get to the cray-cray?

Medicare for ALL, while taxing the rich out of their ass isn't gonna work. Ever.
No...

What I'm saying is that they will all say that stuff right now. She's more Biden than Bernie.

Obama has said he thought a single payer was great too... look at what we got.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:06 PM   #47
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
No...

What I'm saying is that they will all say that stuff right now. She's more Biden than Bernie.

Obama has said he thought a single payer was great too... look at what we got.

Obama also said we needed to build a better wall and put forth more interest in our southern border to keep the illegals out.

Politicians say a lot of things. Rare are those that mean it.

I mean, as much as you hate Trump, he rarely strays from what he campaigned/promised. Crazy how the guy that lies the most in office has toed the line and kept almost all of his campaign promises to date as much as he can.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 01-31-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2019, 10:09 PM   #48
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Do you ever fact check anything before reposting someone else's errors? As LDH said in post 30 , KeyArena was built over 50 years ago.

According to Wikipedia Key Arena is "temporarily defunct". It's an out dated arena. Plain and simple.

When I refer to you as "ignorant" it's because you don't know the facts, which was plainly the case when you posted the fiction above. For some reason facts mean little to you when you're trying to side with an agenda.
Neither of your statements are entirely factual Elkabong; at least there is more to the story. It is true that what is now called Key Arena was built in 1962 for the World's Fair. It was actually know as the Coliseum for many years as that is the style of arena that it is. It hosted the Sonics and many events over the years. I believe the "10-years" statements was referring to the fact that the Coliseum had a major renovation 10-years (or less) before Schultz started asking for the funding. I forget exactly how the earlier renovation was funded, but I believe there was public funds involved.

Key Arena is temporarily defunct because a new renovation just started. You may have heard, or this may be the first time you hear of it, but Seattle has been awarded an NHL franchise. There were competing groups for the arena; one at Seattle Center (the Key Arena) and the other in SoDo, the area where Century Link and T-Mobile are located. It would have made more sense to build the new arena in SoDo, but politics being what they are the Seattle Center site was chosen. The refurbished Coliseum/Key Arena will take a couple of years to complete, thus, it is "temporarily dufunct."

Schultz should definitely get the OKC vote as he sold the team to Bennett. Seattlites will always hate him. I'm not sure the rest of the country really cares
Old 01-31-2019, 10:21 PM   #49
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Obama also said we needed to build a better wall and put forth more interest in our southern border to keep the illegals out.

Politicians say a lot of things. Rare are those that mean it.

I mean, as much as you hate Trump, he rarely strays from what he campaigned/promised. Crazy how the guy that lies the most in office has toed the line and kept almost all of his campaign promises to date as much as he can.
Well yeah... that was my point.

That's why I am saying on the spectrum she's much more moderate than most of the democrat field. If we're going to end up with a democrat President a typical Republican would prefer Biden, Harris, Booker, or Gillibrand and not a Bernie, Beto, Gabbard, or Warren.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:24 PM   #50
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Neither of your statements are entirely factual Elkabong; at least there is more to the story. It is true that what is now called Key Arena was built in 1962 for the World's Fair. It was actually know as the Coliseum for many years as that is the style of arena that it is. It hosted the Sonics and many events over the years. I believe the "10-years" statements was referring to the fact that the Coliseum had a major renovation 10-years (or less) before Schultz started asking for the funding. I forget exactly how the earlier renovation was funded, but I believe there was public funds involved.

Key Arena is temporarily defunct because a new renovation just started. You may have heard, or this may be the first time you hear of it, but Seattle has been awarded an NHL franchise. There were competing groups for the arena; one at Seattle Center (the Key Arena) and the other in SoDo, the area where Century Link and T-Mobile are located. It would have made more sense to build the new arena in SoDo, but politics being what they are the Seattle Center site was chosen. The refurbished Coliseum/Key Arena will take a couple of years to complete, thus, it is "temporarily dufunct."

Schultz should definitely get the OKC vote as he sold the team to Bennett. Seattlites will always hate him. I'm not sure the rest of the country really cares

My post was entirely factual.

I travel to a number of places in the grand old US of A, and had 8 trips to Seattle in the late '90s early '00s. I was able to watch games/contests in 5 of the 6 venues of the Seahawks, Sonics, Mariners.

The old shithole that was the Kingdome was awful. KeyArena was like watching a game in pure 1985 and never leaving. Even when you had The Glove and Shawn Kemp.

Seattle 'invested' $75 million into KeyArena after new 9 digit arenas were erected for the Seahawks and Mariners. While the Sonics had actually won an NBA title in 1979, and another trip to the NBA Championship in 1996, the other pro sports teams could rarely make the playoffs, much less win a series.

And Schultz was the bad guy.

His only problem was timing.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:31 PM   #51
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Well yeah... that was my point.

That's why I am saying on the spectrum she's much more moderate than most of the democrat field. If we're going to end up with a democrat President a typical Republican would prefer Biden, Harris, Booker, or Gillibrand and not a Bernie, Beto, Gabbard, or Warren.

Every one of those are far left of center.

Somebody better has to come about. Right?
Old 01-31-2019, 11:05 PM   #52
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post

My post is accurate. Key Arena was woefully inadequate, built in the 60s and renovations that were done about ten years ago were insufficient in relation to all the new arenas being built in that era (Dallas, to name one)

That's why the owner chucked it in. You know the other reasons, but the arena was the main issue

I do recall the old arena. In the early to mid 70s I played hockey for fort worth's Juniors and we travelled with the CHL team up there (thru Portland up to the Seattle area for a Jr tournament... Beautiful country that time of year). Obviously it went thru renovation later on, obviously it wasn't enough to keep the sonics from moving.

Dans post identified Key as a ten year old arena. That's totally wrong.

Last edited by ElKabong; 01-31-2019 at 11:07 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2019, 11:30 PM   #53
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Every one of those are far left of center.

Somebody better has to come about. Right?
You need to re-look at your spectrum or put down the right-wing propaganda apparatus.

Biden is not that far left. Obama wasn't that far left. Hillary wasn't that far left.

Compared to Biden I would say Gillibrand and Booker are pretty similar and Harris just a touch to the left of them but not that much.

I don't like any of them but we need to be honest... they aren't way out there.

Beto, Gabbard, Warren, Bernie... they are far left.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-31-2019 at 11:32 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2019, 11:36 PM   #54
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Schultz is just exploiting the press for free ad time for his stale Starbucks brand...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2019, 11:44 PM   #55
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Schultz is just exploiting the press for free ad time for his stale Starbucks brand...
Probably.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:07 AM   #56
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
My post is accurate. Key Arena was woefully inadequate, built in the 60s and renovations that were done about ten years ago were insufficient in relation to all the new arenas being built in that era (Dallas, to name one)

That's why the owner chucked it in. You know the other reasons, but the arena was the main issue

I do recall the old arena. In the early to mid 70s I played hockey for fort worth's Juniors and we travelled with the CHL team up there (thru Portland up to the Seattle area for a Jr tournament... Beautiful country that time of year). Obviously it went thru renovation later on, obviously it wasn't enough to keep the sonics from moving.

Dans post identified Key as a ten year old arena. That's totally wrong.
Did you play at the Mercer Arena (the smaller, really dingy place), or at the Coliseum? Hockey in both the Coliseum and post-renovation Key Arena was laughable as the ice was "off kilter." In fact, the stands overhung one of the goals. In my opinion, this was probably the key shortcoming of the renovation; they opted to make hockey an afterthought whereas had they dug a little deeper they could have accommodated both basketball and hockey.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:18 AM   #57
ElKabong

Our games were held at an old building that kind of reminded me the of old comiskey park in architecture. It wasn't small but wasn't huge. I'm not sure of the name of the place or where in town it was, but I can recall what it looked like. Also, the ice wasn't in that great of shape. Other than that it was cool.

Some games were held outside of Seattle, but we played ours at the old building. I'd love to say "I've been to Seattle " but it was a bus ride to Portland from Sacramento, then a train ride to Seattle which was awesome. Great scenery in February / early March.

We were only there for three days and mostly going from the hotel to the rink. Can't say I Saw any landmarks or anything, sure wish I could have. Seemed nice. Not cold at all when we were there.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:29 AM   #58
ElKabong

Kingfin, this won't help but I remember when we rode up to the arena we said it looked like Northside coliseum (located in Fort Worth, an older bldg in the stockyards section of FW that held rodeos and wrestling. ) old building. Had some character to it, but the ice was really bad. If anyone here from Houston remembers HYHo ( Houston youth hockey org), the ice was that sloppy. Not the rink in the mall, but the small bldg that seated fifty or so that HYHO hosted games.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:07 PM   #59
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
He's also finding out real fast that people who use and dirty his bathrooms do not buy his stale $5 coffee, nor anything else for that matter.

He's already found out that those people actually willing to pay $5 for stale coffee were also not too willing to listen to 20-year-old baristas lecture them on race issues and climate change.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #60
davew

Quote:
well, he is the majority owner of the most homeless shelters in the world.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: