Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #91
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Does anyone know if the surgery he just had is related to the urgent surgery he was requesting donations for in February, 2013?

http://pktruckdriver.blogspot.com
https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais.../pktruckdriver

Apparently, despite these health issues, he's had no insurance for years? Is there no recourse, whether via Obamacare or some form of assistance?

Hello everyone, I have heard about this effort on the board and it brought me to tears the support I received, and I am so thankful for Larry , Dave and Mike, for allowing to be to done and organizing it, thanks from the bottom of my heart, and the same to all who donated, I am not sure who you all were, but whether you donated or just sent your prayers I AM SO ABSOLUTELY THANKFUL FOR ALL THE SUPPORT.

Now as for what Dan found I will explain it best I can, and most who know me are aware that I am , if not anything, pretty straight forward, even if it makes me look a little strange or stupid.

I am overweight, anyone who seen me knows this, my battle with my weight is slowly killing me, I have no discipline to stop eating or excersising, sad I know, stupid also, but it is the cold hard truth.
So I found this site and decided to see what happens and filled out my info, and the amount needed for me to have Gastric Sleeve and also Belly-Button Hernia Surgery, yes in Mexico both can be had for about 6,500.00 , and I added a 1,000.00 for incidentals, but as you all can see I raised NO MONEY, not one single dime, I saw it as God's way of telling me to lose it the weight the hard way, which so far I have been unable to do.
But I was not ever hospitalized with any major issue here, it was an attempt to get money for Surgery in the future , If the money was raised, in reality it was like my dream of hitting the KY. Derby Superfecta one day, most likely never happen.

If anyone still does not understand , please PM me, but I think it was a simple explanation, sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

As for an update, I will try to explain it without too many medical terms, but let's say I still have 2, when it looked like I may have been left with only 1, and still that may happen, think that makes it clear the area of concern, and it spread some , but I am unsure of if it was contained, and my current condition, has me seeking a 2nd opinion down here in Florida, and thanks to you guys, I should be able to get one, as I am still in much pain and to me not actually getting better, but slightly getting worse, details... just trust me, what is happening , should be happening in reverse,( less swelling , hardening, and pain), it is like it is starting over again, yet I was told this would happen, But...I thought healing would be less pain, less swelling , etc.., so I am confused and will seek 2nd opinion.

As for all the other issues in my life, let's keep that out of this, if you want to know, PM me , I can update you, but for those who know me it is basically the same old story, I always seem to stand up and then somehow I fall down and have to start all over again and again, so nothing new there.

AGAIN MANY DEEP HEART FELT THANKS TO YOU ALL

Patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 12-09-2014 at 04:36 PM.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #92
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Let me say one more thing, the Person in Arizona who came to Tuscon to get me from the Hospital and opened his home to me till my flight yesterday.

He and his family were the best hosts a person could ever have, and my deepest and most sincere thanks is given, and they are to remain anonymous out of there request.

Thanks

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #93
Shelby

Patrick, I'm so glad that you're home and at least able to type on a computer. I pray that you recover quickly and that you have no more health issues. ((((hugs))))
Old 12-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #94
woodtoo

Great news Patrick!
Wishing you a speedy recovery in the comfort of your own home.
The very kinds hearts of people here really do shine thru.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #95
LAP_520

Follow up with that 2nd opinion PK and get on the road to full recovery.....

The Highways will be there for you to go down once fully recovered.

You have friends here on Pace Advantage and through out this Great Country.

Prayers for you that the Doctors will get "this" resolved.

A HUGE Thank You to the " Arizona Family" :T hmbUp:
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #96
wisconsin

Looking forward to seeing you again at Arlington!
Old 01-05-2015, 12:01 PM   #97
LAP_520

January 5, 2015

UPDATE on pktruckdriver (Patrick Kane)

This is only information for all who helped in PK peril .

He is still home in Florida.

Today, 1/05/2015, he messaged me that he goes for ultrasound.

There are plans in the works to have another surgery this month...

Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply