Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 08-23-2016, 04:45 PM   #1
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PACE VIEW PLATINUM

As promised here's a look at the newest "STAR WARS" version of the Original Pace View Pro. I call it Star Wars because I'm still blown away by what's become of that little 4 button/4 screen Pace Program I began with.

I did very well with that original rudimentary module, by the way. Pace Advantage has an annual Belmont Pick-4 contest that runs every weekend for couple months. I didn't win the dang thing--but with my original Pace View I nailed maybe a half dozen pick-4's and finished in the top 20.

With my programming partner Steve...we hammered out PACE VIEW PRO and quite frankly--the sales and support and encouragement from PA staff and forum members was unbelievable and unexpected. I received feedback daily from users, impartial observers--and folks that had never used the program--had no intention of purchasing PACE VIEW, but gladly offered their "review" anyway.

I listened to every suggestion, every time someone e-mailed and asked about a feature--I wrote it down.
I and Steve immediately began work on a new program--even as I was sort of flailing away, figuring out how to send digital copies. I learned on the job--it's very simple now. Some of you early purchasers will remember the trouble I had with e-mailing the program, switching to Drop Box, to Wiki-Send. Finally everyone got their program, we offered free updates---everyone got those.

NOW...3 months later--we are putting the finishing touches on PACE VIEW PLATINUM. Everything you asked for, that I could possibly do--is there.
PRINTING, HI-LIGHTING, SORTING, MUCH MORE INFO, 12 SPOT PLAYS BUILT IN.

here is a column for TURF POWER, my own proprietary SPEED, ITM$, EPS as a % of todays purse, LAST RACE FINISH, TOTAL OF LAST 3 BRIS SR, A PROPRIETARY ABILITY FIGURE.

I'm going to have to explain every SPOT PLAY via READ ME text--would take up another few pages to properly explain each one.
I'm a speed and longshot player---so there is a good assortment of spot plays for those. There is a race @ Ft Erie 8th race, a minor Stakes Race that I found a SPEED BLAST spot play named MASQUERADE PARTY
I went ahead and bet that horse @ 12-1 ML.
I kept BEST BETS--that seemed to be very popular with exotic bettors...as well as LONE SPEED, which Pandy consulted on improving it.

This won't be available for another week---PACE VIEW PRO is now and will continue to be my flagship product, don't worry about that.

For your support---previous PVPro purchasers will get a rebate or discount of
the $35 spent on PVP for purchasing PLATINUM. I just have to get it figured out with PAYPAL--shouldn't be a problem.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2016, 04:47 PM   #2
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Here it is:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PACE VIEW PLATINUM FT ERIE.JPG (178.8 KB, 832 views)
Old 08-23-2016, 04:51 PM   #3
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

One new feature I neglected to mention:

double-click on any horse---(I double clicked on MASQUERADE PARTY) this appears on your screen: PAST PERFORMANCES

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MASQUERADE PP'S.JPG (167.9 KB, 779 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 08-23-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #4
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

By the way....a couple features aren't in yet---namely ABILITY FIGURE...I'm pretty excited about that--it will go all the way in the last column.

One of the fun things I've already found--with the SORT FEATURE--is to go into the 2.5L screen ---which shows every horse on the card that has shown early speed one of last two minimum---and click the LATE POWER SORT.

It shows all the early horses with LATE power---I've already found a couple longshots with this spot play. Just think of all the other possibilities you can sort---TOP TURF HORSE OF THE DAY--find the horse whose last 3 bris speed total the highest--find the highest ITM% horses on the card....and on and on.

The first question I'm sure (because this would be my first question)---HOW MUCH IS IT GOING TO RETAIL FOR?

4I plan to take this to E-Bay as well....so I'm thinking $64.99 per digital copy.

Disk are a hassle sometimes....but it's necessary--those will be higher.

Thanks for taking the time to look PACE VIEW PLATINUM over--NCG

*If you have a couple spot plays, etc.. you would like made into a software program STEVANFARMER@YAHOO.COM send him an inquiry--it's free to ask.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 08-23-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #5
Tor Ekman

You've outdone yourself, NCG. Very impressive, indeed. What's the ETA?
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
bruin95

When you say Sort Feature, does that mean we will be able to click on columns, ex. speed, late power, prime, etc. and it will sort the horses in the race from highest to lowest? I've always wanted that feature in PRO. I've also always wanted the ability to scratch horses, too.
bruin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2016, 07:25 PM   #7
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
You've outdone yourself, NCG. Very impressive, indeed. What's the ETA?

By this weekend at the latest, Tor.

To Bruin.....yes! I've always lamented that part missing from pro. Then...you can print it out----I like the speed tracks--so I'll be printing SPEED BLAST horses, or LONE SPEED w/EARLY POWER

Edit: can't print out the pp's though--not yet anyway. I really wanted that for trainer angles, etc---don't really need the full blown pp's.
Every column can sort---so you want the list of TOP POWER? Sort that list out and get THE TOP POWER OF THE CARD.

***you always could scratch horses, Bruin---PM me for instructs

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 08-23-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:48 AM   #8
UltimateBetter

Info

Have u set a price for it or is there going to be an upgrade such an awesome product cannot wait my friend
UltimateBetter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #9
jk3521
Registered Loser

Nice going, Greg. You're always trying to improve your product, I like that !

Thanks for the sorting feature, makes thing a lot easier after going cross-eyed trying to do it by eye.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 05:39 PM   #10
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBetter
Have u set a price for it or is there going to be an upgrade such an awesome product cannot wait my friend
As you can imagine--this program was a little more expensive to produce than Original Pace View, UB.
I've finally decided on a $59.99 retail for PLATINUM.

However--to thank those that purchased and supported PACE VIEW ---you will be able to apply the $35 spent on PV--towards the cost of Platinum.

So--if you previously purchased my program--this one will be $25. I hope that sounds fair enough.

I truly believe this program is worth the $59.99 retail--any new users will not be disappointed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
Nice going, Greg. You're always trying to improve your product, I like that !

Thanks for the sorting feature, makes thing a lot easier after going cross-eyed trying to do it by eye.
LOL...I'm almost legally blind now...been using this program in various versions forever. The HI-LITING A HORSE feature is also something sorely needed, as quite a few seniors use Pace View--and let me know that was
not a luxury--but a necessity.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #11
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------LOL...I'm almost legally blind now...been using this program in various versions forever. The HI-LITING A HORSE feature is also something sorely needed, as quite a few seniors use Pace View--and let me know that was
not a luxury--but a necessity.
Losing your eye sight is an occupational hazard of us horse players. I saw one guy at an OTB walk up to the TV monitor with a big magnifying glass to watch a race.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 08:04 PM   #12
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I just got this revision back from Steve--it includes "ABILITY" ...something I came up with through research. I've been excited about adding this figure to Platinum--now I can show it.

Wish I could show images without having to squeeze the pixels out of them--but unfortunately that's a minor drawback when posting here.

I mentioned a good way to get a group of contenders, pre-screened for speed (I consider that a vital attribute) is to click the 2.5L button.

That will display basically--every horse on today's card that has shown early speed. Simple, right? "Early" just means being in "contact" with the group at first call/ within 5 lengths.

I always use that group for testing --and betting. So when you want to look at sorting the "contenders" as a group--that's what 2.5L is useful for.

So I clicked on 2.5L....and sorted ABILITY to show me the top horses by this rating. There were 4 horses bunched at the top---with a gap to the rest. I consider that the TOP GROUP.

Take a look at the top group of 4--look at the ML--and results.

*BTW...ABILITY is completely independent of POWER NUMBER..it's a figure that includes the higher class horses

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1ability.jpg (198.4 KB, 641 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 08-24-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:35 PM   #13
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
As you can imagine--this program was a little more expensive to produce than Original Pace View, UB.
I've finally decided on a $59.99 retail for PLATINUM.

O MY GOD....

Thats a ripoff!!!!

Nice going Buddy

Mike

Can I now have my raise
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #14
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
O MY GOD....

Thats a ripoff!!!!

Nice going Buddy

Mike

Can I now have my raise
Unfortunately...any staff raises will have to be revisited at a later date (Doesn't THAT sound familiar?)

Best I can do for now---you can keep your job at your present pay. BTW....you're doing a fine job
Old 08-24-2016, 09:25 PM   #15
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I'm making a banner link to go in the upcoming HORSEPLAYER'S MONTHLY.

Here's my website comment about HANA:

Attached Images
File Type: png HANA.PNG (90.0 KB, 596 views)