Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-09-2020, 02:32 PM   #76
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Tip of the iceberg

I'm going to watch the win percentages of any trainer I suspect in So. Cal and other jurisdictions, too. This could cause a domino effect throughout the industry where the juice trainers in other parts of the country will get worried enough to stop doping.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 02:33 PM   #77
Robert Fischer
clean money

Maxterisk

always thought "Panama Lewis" would be an interesting name for a horse.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:38 PM   #78
jahura2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
looking that way now... Seven watch-lists popped up for horses... Four popped up for good-trainers...

Think I saw Zuleta(sp?) on one of the documents. I'll re-open that so I can see who is named, as well as use common sense on at least one of my watch-list trainers whose horses show the same features.

You playing, or just marveling at the implications?
Has anyone seen any other trainer names besides Servis, Navarro, and Surick on the standardbred side?
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #79
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahura2 View Post
Has anyone seen any other trainer names besides Servis, Navarro, and Surick on the standardbred side?
Yes, please open the indictments posted earlier.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #80
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
The Saudis are extremely concerned about doping. I hate to compliment them on anything- I think that royal family is a malign influence on the world- but they have a zero tolerance doping policy over there and they promoted it in advance of the Saudi Cup. I imagine the option disqualifying Maximum Security will at least be considered in light of this.
One can only hope.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 02:52 PM   #81
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
I haven't read the documents well enough to understand them. Marcos Zulueta's name appears on https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...56656/download with some others.

had a favorite scratched to day

Some of the names ring a bell.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #82
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishfever View Post
Anybody remember Sharp Aztecas incredible 6 wide the whole way in the Pat Day Mile?
Anyone of Navarros wins in the last decade.

A good horse juiced makes a super horse.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #83
CaptainObvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
As far as the criminal system is concerned, they are innocent until proven guilty. Which is fine.

But horse racing as a sport doesn't have to wait. There's no due process owed on this sort of thing when it comes to racetracks and very little required when it comes to states- they can be barred from stabling at major tracks, and should be, and they should be given interim suspensions based on the showing of probable cause until their criminal charges are resolved.

I will say this. One thing that is pretty clear from the indictments is that they were tapping Servis' and Navarro's texts and phones as early as May of last year. This is an investigation that went on a long time. The chances that the defendants are actually innocent is extremely low.
Yeah, because horse racing has been so proactive in rooting out cheaters. It’s one slap on the wrist after another. Hopefully, this is the beginning of real change.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 03:05 PM   #84
GMB@BP

One thing I wonder is if certain owners green light doping the horses while others they keep it either out of their purview or just go straight with the horses.

For example, on the west coast there is a owner and trainer who have been acquiring horses the past few years and we see big wins in top dirt races by horses who barely figured to win. You can pretty much count on it, this trainer, and look at the owner and its always the same combo....yet you dont see this really throughout the barn, the "move ups" are in the normal range.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 03:08 PM   #85
Irishfever

Quote:

Harness Trainers

Nick Surick
Chris Oakes
Chris Marino
Rick Dane
Tom Guido (has a beard on paper)
Connor Flynn
Donato Poliseno

Tbred
Servis
Navarro
Tannuzzo

Interesting of note
Scott Robinson ran website selling prerace, was partner on Lost in Time a champion 2 yr old. Involved with notable driver Scott Zeron.

This Izhaki women sounds like a gem. Devils breath sounds like a potent drug masking agent that has dropped alot of horses.
Irishfever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #86
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
Yeah, because horse racing has been so proactive in rooting out cheaters. It’s one slap on the wrist after another. Hopefully, this is the beginning of real change.
I thought real change started with Dutrow's 10 year ban?....It's who you know and who looks the other way.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 03:17 PM   #87
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
I thought real change started with Dutrow's 10 year ban?....It's who you know and who looks the other way.
ain't that the case in this game.

Navarro and Servis were pretty arrogant though and deserved to get nailed.
the main initial problem for this game now is that these guys had tons of horses and who in their right minds are going to want to train these horses that need PED's to run.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #88
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Jersey tested Maximum security but did not test for the specific PED given to him.

States want clean racing. But the trainers are staying one step ahead of the regulators.

Allan
LOL, Drazin who sends horses to Servis and also runs MTH. Nothing to see here.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #89
Half Smoke

Looks like they're finally going to clean this sport up

Old 03-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #90
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
and you really have to call into question some of these owners, like the West's, who send horses to people of these reputations. Industry insiders know whats going on and I have no doubt many owners do as well.
There are some owners that not only know, they orchestrate this stuff. The trainer is just a pawn sometimes.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply