Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-29-2023, 06:05 PM   #1
Poindexter

Is it my imagination or is Del Mar morning line awful?

Just taking a peek ahead at tomorrows pick 6 assuming there is a mandatory payout. From what I can see morning line is terrible. Other than opening day, I haven't been playing Del Mar and did not even pay that much attention to the morning line opening day. But tomorrows morning line looks awful to me. Which is probably a good thing for players. Just not really used to looking at morning lines this bad. Agree, disagree?

Last edited by Poindexter; 07-29-2023 at 06:10 PM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2023, 12:01 AM   #2
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Is it my imagination or is Del Mar morning line awful?
Just taking a peek ahead at tomorrows pick 6 assuming there is a mandatory payout. From what I can see morning line is terrible. Other than opening day, I haven't been playing Del Mar and did not even pay that much attention to the morning line opening day. But tomorrows morning line looks awful to me. Which is probably a good thing for players. Just not really used to looking at morning lines this bad. Agree, disagree?
Sorry to say but I believe it is your imagination!
Too bad that you’re wasting your time with Horizontal plays. The Opening Line is far more telling than the M/L, but if you’re playing the Pick-whatever bets you certainly can’t take advantage of the sometimes very obvious early action.
I’m not going spell it out but you can see for yourself just how rewarding the following of money movement can be when monitored properly and taken seriously:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=177622
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2023, 12:05 AM   #3
trifecta

Equibase lists the exact same ml odds for races 6 and 7, which is possible, but most likely wrong.
trifecta is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2023, 07:24 AM   #4
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
Equibase lists the exact same ml odds for races 6 and 7, which is possible, but most likely wrong.
That is probably the problem. My main contenders for the 6th were the 3-5-7-8-9-10 7th is even deeper 1-2-3-4-5-7-10-11. Line makes sense for the 7th. Doesn't make sense for the 6th. Also found the also eligible in the last race #12, who may not get in is high. Also thought Piroli in the 10th was high. fwiw, found out John White is the morning line handicapper and he has always been excellent. I don't question his ability to make a morning line.

By the way this pick six is extremely difficult. Probably as difficult as they get, with a 3rd leg consisting of 10 2 yo's in which one has run once.

Thanks for the advice Nitro. I guess you plan on sending me your ouija board so I can the access the magic 5 horses a race it takes to make easy money on my own. I can't wait. Or do I just sit by my computer every day praying for Nitro to post. By the way why don't you join in my Mohawk thread on Mondays and Tuesdays. I post my plays in advance. You can chime in with the ouija board plays and you can embarrass me. Really prove your point. I look forward to it. You have an open invite.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2023, 01:19 PM   #5
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Nitro. I guess you plan on sending me your ouija board so I can the access the magic 5 horses a race it takes to make easy money on my own. I can't wait. Or do I just sit by my computer every day praying for Nitro to post. By the way why don't you join in my Mohawk thread on Mondays and Tuesdays. I post my plays in advance. You can chime in with the ouija board plays and you can embarrass me. Really prove your point. I look forward to it. You have an open invite.
You know what makes my day?....Truthful posts like this...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2023, 02:43 PM   #6
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
You know what makes my day?....Truthful posts like this...
What can I say except obviously trivial things will amuse small minds.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:53 PM   #7
PalaceOfFortLarned

Del Mar put out a 1/5 ML favorite the other day.

I haven't seen many of those in my lifetime.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2023, 07:06 PM   #8
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
What can I say except obviously trivial things will amuse small minds.
Trivial??...You mean, like when Poindexter crushes you with his post and YOU have no reply?....
Old 07-30-2023, 07:30 PM   #9
Nitro

Quote:
Trivial??...You mean, like when Poindexter crushes you with his post and YOU have no reply?....
No need to reply.
I think Poindexter may know what “trivial” or insignificant might mean.
I also realize that drama queens love to put their noses into places just to make some noise.
Old 07-30-2023, 09:54 PM   #10
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
No need to reply.
I think Poindexter may know what “trivial” or insignificant might mean.
I also realize that drama queens love to put their noses into places just to make some noise.
He kicked your ass and you love it....No drama, just truth.
Old 07-30-2023, 10:20 PM   #11
Nitro

Quote:
B.S. And you know it ! Keep dreaming!
Old 07-31-2023, 12:12 AM   #12
castaway01

Quote:
You earned yourself a free beer with that one.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2023, 12:14 AM   #13
castaway01

Quote:
I love the endless Nitro posts about his genius 6-horse exacta boxes and alleged "tote analysis". What it comes down to is, you have to choose to believe that Nitro and his 6-horse exacta boxes are making tons of money because he knows how to find the "smart money" way before post time...or you can believe Dave Schwartz, Jerry Brown, every big bettor ever interviewed, and, you know, the actual pool totals that say that all the "smart money" is coming in in the last minute before post and his analysis and bragging are fictional garbage.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2023, 01:15 AM   #14
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
I love the endless Nitro posts about his genius 6-horse exacta boxes and alleged "tote analysis". What it comes down to is, you have to choose to believe that Nitro and his 6-horse exacta boxes are making tons of money because he knows how to find the "smart money" way before post time...or you can believe Dave Schwartz, Jerry Brown, every big bettor ever interviewed, and, you know, the actual pool totals that say that all the "smart money" is coming in in the last minute before post and his analysis and bragging are fictional garbage.
What I loved was the attempt that Nitro made some years ago when he actually kept track of his wagers so we could see what the cost of his bet combinations was. I believe it was during the Saratoga meet, but I could be wrong about that. He enthusiastically wagered about $400 a race...and his incurred losses proved so embarrassing to him that he abandoned the project post-haste, and disappeared from this board for about a year.

Of course, he returned here again and continued spewing his braggadocio...probably figuring that we have forgotten the debacle that he suffered during the only time that he actually kept track of his wagers here.

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-31-2023 at 01:19 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2023, 02:22 AM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The curious thing about Nitro, to me...is that he's never once tried to sell anyone anything...