Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racey
The last 2 posters seemed a bit harsh.....not sure why..anyway i opened the virtual stable option and won't bother the above 2 posters with my questions... i do hope that the other members enjoy the horse as she is a real monster in the making.
Harsh?

Vic said he texted Baffert and I was joking with him. I'm sure he really did text him. Obviously I didn't skype with the horse. But I fail to see what was harsh about his...or my comment.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
Doza

Yah, I don't think Vic was trying to be harsh. He was just trying to let everyone know that he has Baffert's phone #.
Doza is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #18
Pine Tree Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
I skyped with Mamma Kimbo today. Said she loves peppermints.
Sheep's day off?
Pine Tree Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #19
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

my apologies

As i missed the earlier joke on a previous comment that has since been removed. i am new here and really thought others here will enjoy the horse as much as i do. Been around the game for 30 years and i have seen many good ones she just struck me differently like it was worth it to follow her progress closely.
Racey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #20
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Harsh?

Vic said he texted Baffert and I was joking with him. I'm sure he really did text him. Obviously I didn't skype with the horse. But I fail to see what was harsh about his...or my comment.
Come on, cut him some slack, he's gnu here.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #21
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Tree Lane
Sheep's day off?
[YT="Ha"]vFgXF0a_Yw4[/YT]
Old 03-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #22
nijinski

Quote:
As i missed the earlier joke on a previous comment that has since been removed. i am new here and really thought others here will enjoy the horse as much as i do. Been around the game for 30 years and i have seen many good ones she just struck me differently like it was worth it to follow her progress closely.
Very impressive debut indeed. Wouldn't be surprised though if she stays in sprints to about up to a mile . Especially with Devils Bag as her broodmare sire and not to mention her sire Discreet Cat.
Nothing wrong with following a new talent you find impressive and sharing !
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #23
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

yea

it is all about the horse i really do not know the ins and outs of the board personalities. She has worked twice since that race 4 F and 6F hopefully Baffert stretches her out a bit.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #24
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doza
Yah, I don't think Vic was trying to be harsh. He was just trying to let everyone know that he has Baffert's phone #.
Wow. Can't win for losing.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #25
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
it is all about the horse i really do not know the ins and outs of the board personalities. She has worked twice since that race 4 F and 6F hopefully Baffert stretches her out a bit.
With all due respect, people are going to joke a bit. It's not personal if they joke in your thread.

For the record, I'm sure Vic was being sincere with his post. I also agree with Doza, but Vic wasn't trying to be harsh. I wasn't either, just trying to have some fun with Vic.

It was a very impressive debut. I'll be interested in seeing what she does from here.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #26
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

no problem...

she is a real nice animal surely Baffert will push all the right buttons.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #27
HoofedInTheChest

Looks like a nice runner, i will have to add her to my stable, thanks for the heads up....and you have to admit Dahoss's comment was pretty funny, made me laugh.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #28
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
Texted Bob today. He said he has not made a plan for Mamma Kimbo's next start.
That's a rather specious declaration, no?
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #29
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
That's a rather specious declaration, no?
Enhances the handle though.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #30
Vengeance of Rain

Quote:
The last 2 posters seemed a bit harsh.....not sure why..anyway i opened the virtual stable option and won't bother the above 2 posters with my questions... i do hope that the other members enjoy the horse as she is a real monster in the making.
Something is strange here and I don't only mean the above...

Okay first off you're brand spankin new but your first post begins a thread.

Nothing wrong with that of course but in my experience people who are new to forums try to blend in a little at first.

A bold move.

You know how to change the "registered user" thingie already? Okay that doesn't make me wonder if you're really new here or not!

You say you saw this horse at SA but don't know who Stauffer is (not that I'm falling all over myself. It's just that I'd assume anyone who follows the sport is familiar with his name).

(Especially someone who has followed for 30 years).

In your first post you state you've been a lurker but then say you don't know the board dynamics (my point being if you've lurked you should know some of the stronger personalities at the minimum. No?)

Between the enjoy the horse comments (I find those strange... weird wording) and being mortally offended by a couple of pretty tame posts...

I don't know all the board personalities either and probably should keep my mouth shut but...
Vengeance of Rain is offline   Reply With Quote Reply