Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #61
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
You are obsessed like an overindulgent hall monitor.
He is never wrong.

Just ask him.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #62
woodtoo

I know a guy just like him he constantly calls me his best friend
I constantly tell "Get the hell outa my house Mr.Knowitall".
Old 09-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #63
elysiantraveller

You guys are a funny bunch.

I didn't tweet the nonsense or say I have no obligation to the American people to tell the truth. The latter should make a nice campaign slogan for Senate.

As we speak the acting DNI is trying to prevent the IC IG from handing a whistleblower complaint to Congress.

It could have been anything but of course, if rumors are to be believed, its Trump personally.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #64
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Lewandowski would not answer simple questions and was obstructing the committee investigation. He should be IMPEACHED
I'm looking at him for 2024, IF Trump decides to step down by then.
Maybe 2028.......
Old 09-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #65
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Correct. This Congress has done nothing and the blame for that lies solely and totally at the feet of the Republicans in the Senate. The House has passed a number of excellent legislation and the Republican controlled Senate has considered none of it.
The Harry Reid Protocols.
What goes around comes around.

Deal with it.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:50 PM   #66
thezeeman333

Lewandowski the comedian

Asked whether he was Trump’s “bag man” or “hit man,” Lewandowski replied: “I think I’m the good-looking man, actually.” Asked what he did after Trump pressed him to help hamstring Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, he replied, flippantly: “I went on vacation.”

Gotta love his sense of humor
thezeeman333 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2019, 02:55 PM   #67
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You guys are a funny bunch.

I didn't tweet the nonsense or say I have no obligation to the American people to tell the truth. The latter should make a nice campaign slogan for Senate.

As we speak the acting DNI is trying to prevent the IC IG from handing a whistleblower complaint to Congress.

It could have been anything but of course, if rumors are to be believed, its Trump personally.
Horrors POTUS had a conversation with a foreign leader. Never mind that is part of presidential duties, he is guilty of making promises, negotiated deals with a foreign leader.

Desperation
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2019, 02:59 PM   #68
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Horrors POTUS had a conversation with a foreign leader. Never mind that is part of presidential duties, he is guilty of making promises, negotiated deals with a foreign leader.

Desperation
Then why did the IC IG call the complaint warranted and urgent?

Why is the White House and acting DNI stonewalling it?

Those are legitimate questions.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 09-19-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:02 PM   #69
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Then why did the IC IG call the complaint warranted and urgent?

Why is the White House and acting DNI stonewalling it?

Those are legitimate questions.
Politics, plain and simple. Just like the uproar over the meeting with Putin, where supposedly President Trump violated National Security.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-19-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #70
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Congress needs to stop the charade that they have oversight over the Executive Office. Congress has no such power, which has been discussed before. Congress has no legislative power over the Office of the President, congress cannot make laws to limit Presidential powers and thus no oversight per legislative purposes.

The only Congressional power is impeachment, which is not oversight. It is removal by a formally instituted action of the House, not a house committee, for high crimes and misdemeanors.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:17 PM   #71
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Politics, plain and simple. Just like the uproar over the meeting with Putin, where supposedly President Trump violated National Security.
Trump's IG?

Could it be this?

Zelensky defends relationship with US after Trump accused of pushing Ukraine to meddle in 2020 election

“...a call between the US president and Mr Zelensky on 25 July, during which Mr Trump allegedly told the Ukrainian president to reopen the Biden investigation if he wanted to improve relations with the US.”

The WH is currently working on blocking a arms deal with Ukraine that could serve as leverage.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #72
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Trump's IG?

Could it be this?

Zelensky defends relationship with US after Trump accused of pushing Ukraine to meddle in 2020 election

“...a call between the US president and Mr Zelensky on 25 July, during which Mr Trump allegedly told the Ukrainian president to reopen the Biden investigation if he wanted to improve relations with the US.”

The WH is currently working on blocking a arms deal with Ukraine that could serve as leverage.

I agree. The Biden investigation should be re-opened. Biden bragged in public about how he obstructed justice.

Asking another leader to prosecute crimes is certainly not illegal or a threat to the U.S.

Nothing illegal in using leverage to seek justice.

As I said just politics.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-19-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:34 PM   #73
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Ely, you do realize Biden used leverage, foreign aid, to stop an investigation into his son, Hunter. Biden by his action obstructed justice by bribery, threatening to withhold U.S. taxpayer funded aid?

I don't see Schiff having a problem with that fact pattern.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 09-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #74
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Ely, you do realize Biden used leverage, foreign aid, to stop an investigation into his son, Hunter. Biden by his action obstructed justice by bribery, threatening to withhold U.S. taxpayer funded aid?

I don't see Schiff having a problem with that fact pattern.
Do you consider it ethical/legal for a President to withhold agreed to arms shipments to a foreign ally in exchange for investigation of a domestic political rival?

I'm not revisiting the Biden bullshit with you anymore... its been covered many times... there is no "there" there.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:56 PM   #75
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Do you consider it ethical/legal for a President to withhold agreed to arms shipments to a foreign ally in exchange for investigation of a domestic political rival?

I'm not revisiting the Biden bullshit with you anymore... its been covered many times... there is no "there" there.
I consider it ethical and legal to ask a foreign leader to prosecute a crime. A crime committed by an elected official of the U.S. for his personal gain.

Oh there is a lot of there there. Biden threatened to withhold U.S. foreign aid for his personal gain.

I am pretty sure Biden doesn't want to revisit this issue either. But thanks to Schiff it will be revisited.

Thank you Rep. Schiff for bringing Biden's criminal act of bribery of a foreign official and his obstruction of justice for personal gain back into the public's consciousness.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-19-2019 at 03:59 PM.