Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #76
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
LMAO!!!!
I mean today just buries this thread...

First off that Curlin filly at Keeneland. If you go back and watch her debut at Woodbine she won as easy as a horse can. Putting her on the shelf knowing it's late in the year is a right thing few people do. then to bring her back at Keeneland and go 2-2 is vindication of great horsemanship.

This guy has taken so much abuse by every pundit on Classic Empire. To ignore everyone, take the horse to Ocala, regroup and then get him to win in Arkansas in sub 1:49 is incredible. All the doubters can eat his poo.

Btw... let's talk about the trip and ride. Basically he got an awful trip for seven furlongs. Great stretch ride by Leporoux (who also takes a ton of abuse.) he knew what he had under him which was a long striding son of Empire Maker. He wasn't concerned with other horses he was concerned with getting him clear and outside of horses because he knew he takes a little bit of time to get rolling.

Btw... he double taps him when he gets him straight and clear around the eighth pole and then hand rides him the final furlong. He was not all out. If it was an extra furlong like the Derby he wins by 5-6 lengths.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #77
SoCalCircuit

Fair enough I was wrong.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:50 PM   #78
SoCalCircuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle View Post

First off that Curlin filly at Keeneland. If you go back and watch her debut at Woodbine she won as easy as a horse can. Putting her on the shelf knowing it's late in the year is a right thing few people do. then to bring her back at Keeneland and go 2-2 is vindication of great horsemanship.

This guy has taken so much abuse by every pundit on Classic Empire. To ignore everyone, take the horse to Ocala, regroup and then get him to win in Arkansas in sub 1:49 is incredible. All the doubters can eat his poo.

Btw... let's talk about the trip and ride. Basically he got an awful trip for seven furlongs. Great stretch ride by Leporoux (who also takes a ton of abuse.) he knew what he had under him which was a long striding son of Empire Maker. He wasn't concerned with other horses he was concerned with getting him clear and outside of horses because he knew he takes a little bit of time to get rolling.

Btw... he double taps him when he gets him straight and clear around the eighth pole and then hand rides him the final furlong. He was not all out. If it was an extra furlong like the Derby he wins by 5-6 lengths.
I admit I was mistaken. Maybe you should take note, since you're the king of inaccurate statistics I've noticed, but I've never noticed an "I was wrong".
Old 04-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #79
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCircuit View Post
I admit I was mistaken. Maybe you should take note, since you're the king of inaccurate statistics I've noticed, but I've never noticed an "I was wrong".
Classic deflection
Old 04-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #80
Broad Brush

Quote:
Fair enough I was wrong.
All trainers have bad spells.

There can be a sickness going thru the barn, a change in people (someone
quits or is fired), their horses run out of conditions, they are pointing
for another meet or maybe after
their horses have run really well they need a break.

Don't worry about being "wrong" just get better at noting when they are going
well and when they are not.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:38 PM   #81
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Classic deflection
Exactly. If you're wrong and someone else is also wrong is anyone really wron?

Pretty much textbook deflecting.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:52 PM   #82
SoCalCircuit

Quote:
Exactly. If you're wrong and someone else is also wrong is anyone really wron?

Pretty much textbook deflecting.
Well if you scroll back I had initially come onto here to just own it and move on. But then we have certain individuals who blew their loads as soon as Classic Empire crossed the wire to post here.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:26 PM   #83
SuperPickle

Quote:
Well if you scroll back I had initially come onto here to just own it and move on. But then we have certain individuals who blew their loads as soon as Classic Empire crossed the wire to post here.
Considering the Arkansas Derby went sub 1:49 and Wood went 1:50 and 4/5 and SA Derby went 1:51+ maybe it's a load blowing performance.

I know the fig is not going to come back with a spread that big but the horse ran 2-2.5 seconds faster. And the come home time spread was massive too.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:46 PM   #84
rsetup
Veteran

Quote:

What's the name of the Curlin filly you're referring to?

I'm as big a fan of CE as anyone but I think he actually got an incredible trip.

I don't know about hand riding him. Not a positive sign that the horse jumped to lefty lead about eight strides to the wire.

Doubt he wins going an extra furlong with the same setup.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:31 AM   #85
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetup View Post
What's the name of the Curlin filly you're referring to?

I'm as big a fan of CE as anyone but I think he actually got an incredible trip.

I don't know about hand riding him. Not a positive sign that the horse jumped to lefty lead about eight strides to the wire.

Doubt he wins going an extra furlong with the same setup.
Curlin Kisses. 3rd at Keeneland. Go back and watch her two races.

The trip ended up working out but he had a hard hold of him for a few furlongs and steadied briefly. It wasn't awful by big field standards but it was far from what Casse drew up.

Look the horse is a massive head case. After what he did at Saratoga nothing the horse does would shock me.

That being said this year's early season three year olds are not good. If Timeline got in the Derby he'd probably be under 10-1 off a maiden and a 1x.

Classic Empire might be a good horse in a weak crop. Unfortunately I find impossible to see a scenario he wins the triple crown because given his mental Illness I find it unbelievable that he could string together three good races in five weeks.

Between the crowds, the travel, and the schedule it just seems to much for him. With a schedule like that he can't miss a work or refuse to go to the track.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:38 AM   #86
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Fair enough I was wrong.
its okey sometime we eat shit in this game... everyone does don't believe otherwise
Old 04-16-2017, 12:46 AM   #87
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
But then we have certain individuals who blew their loads as soon as Classic Empire crossed the wire to post here.
Classy.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:55 AM   #88
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
You shoulda bet 2k to win and posted the ticket as a response to the load blowers!

You're right though, some people show more glee and excitement at others wrong predictions than their own successes.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:42 AM   #89
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Who did that? I laughed because you've been wrong, wrong, wrong and doubled down on it multiple times.

Not sure a laugh constitutes blowing a load, but considering you and Mr Pick 5's Friday nights are spent together maybe you don't know what blowing a load is?
Old 04-16-2017, 06:45 AM   #90
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 View Post
You shoulda bet 2k to win and posted the ticket as a response to the load blowers!

You're right though, some people show more glee and excitement at others wrong predictions than their own successes.
Who would loan him the 2k?
Closed Thread