Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #31
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
If a racing secretary really wanted to take this on (and was willing to think outside the box) I'm wondering if he could find a way to do so.

How loudly would the majority of (honest) horsemen on the grounds object if the following two races happened to show up in the condition book?

6.0 Furlongs Dirt, Claiming price $5000.00 (Purse $15,000.00) FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD. Weight; 123 lbs. Non-winners of a race since January 1; 2011 Allowed 2 lbs. THIS RACE IS NOT OPEN to horses trained by any trainer whose North American win percentage since January 1, 2012 as listed by the Jockey Club at time of entry is greater than or equal to 25%.

6.0 Furlongs Dirt, Claiming price $5000.00 (Purse $2,500.00) FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD. Weight; 123 lbs. Non-winners of a race since January 1; 2011 Allowed 2 lbs.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 03-16-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #32
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P
If a racing secretary really wanted to take this on (and was willing to think outside the box) I'm wondering if he could find a way to do so.

How loudly would the majority of (honest) horsemen on the grounds object if the following two races happened to show up in the condition book?

6.0 Furlongs Dirt, Claiming price $5000.00 (Purse $15,000.00) FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD. Weight; 123 lbs. Non-winners of a race since January 1; 2011 Allowed 2 lbs. THIS RACE IS NOT OPEN to horses trained by any trainer whose North American win percentage since January 1, 2012 as listed by the Jockey Club at time of entry is greater than or equal to 25%.

6.0 Furlongs Dirt, Claiming price $5000.00 (Purse $2,500.00) FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD. Weight; 123 lbs. Non-winners of a race since January 1; 2011 Allowed 2 lbs.

-jp

I like your creativity and it's much better than saying "better than a speed figure of XXX" but I have a feeling it wouldn't fly because more horsemen are afraid Ness would either 1) claim every decent horse in their barn 2) might be where they will be someday and they wouldn't want anyone to stop them.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #33
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
All I'm saying is, be careful what you wish for.
Personally, I always like trying to figure out profitable supertrainer angles, but if you say "it's just like Pat Day when he got bet down every race", well, it's not.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #34
Not4Love
not4love

All of us!!!!!

I just hope that every single damn one of us will avoid any race with
JAMIE NESS in it. It's the only way to stop this. Of course I could go on and name all the other cheaters, but we know who they are. Please! I'm tired of it!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #35
Endearus

Jeff P:

Please forward the former suggestion to NYRA's racing secretary. With a highly sucessful racino and increased purses they are unable to get full fields. CT and DED do much better.
Endearus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #36
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P
i don't think the five or six honest horsemen would complain too much, but you'd probably see a lot of "new" trainers winning these races. carol hubbird "claims" from mike chambers..... guadalupe guerrero "claims" from juan carlos guerrero... (insert random first name) beattie "claims" from thirtypercent beattie.... so previous trainer win percentage would have to be part of the condition also.

it is sad that the game has come to a point where i don't think your idea is a bad one.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #37
BIG49010

How about a condition that contained the words " Not open to trainers who have had any drug related overage in the last 15 years"
BIG49010 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #38
pandy

It's actually not a bad idea, but the main drug offenders are the ones that have positives for illegal substances, which is much worse than a positive for a high lasix reading, for instance. A track could actually add hidden conditions, "trainers with positives for illegal substances not allowed."

There's no question that the racing industry is way too lenient on these trainers, and owners.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #39
Track Phantom

Could this guy be any more crooked? Wins basically every race and all with horses he claimed. It's logically impossible.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #40
BIG49010

It is not only Ness, it is all the Midwest trainers. Take a look at Roger Brueggemann, once he received the special sauce, a long standing trainer with at best 15% wins in a good year becomes a super trainer. Something is wrong, and once they find out what they are doing, I hope they rule off anyone connected to Midwest, andredistribute all the purse money. That will slow down the next bunch of cheats also.
BIG49010 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #41
Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG49010
It is not only Ness, it is all the Midwest trainers. Take a look at Roger Brueggemann, once he received the special sauce, a long standing trainer with at best 15% wins in a good year becomes a super trainer. Something is wrong, and once they find out what they are doing, I hope they rule off anyone connected to Midwest, andredistribute all the purse money. That will slow down the next bunch of cheats also.
I agree with you to a certain extent. But Roger B doesn't move up too many of the Midwest horses that are transferred to him from Ness/Cox. On the other hand Ness frequently is able to get a horse to perform at higher levels then when Roger B had them. He is able to "fix" them.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 02:48 AM   #42
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
I agree with you to a certain extent. But Roger B doesn't move up too many of the Midwest horses that are transferred to him from Ness/Cox. On the other hand Ness frequently is able to get a horse to perform at higher levels then when Roger B had them. He is able to "fix" them.
I've noticed this too. That one 9yo Stumbling Block is one that sticks out and I think Brave Yank is one recently too.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #43
thezeeman333

Did it again

Tampa Bay March 24th 1st Race
Brave Yank $5000 claimer runs 6.5 Furlongs in 1.15.4 Wins by 7 1/2 lengths
thezeeman333 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #44
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezeeman333
Tampa Bay March 24th 1st Race
Brave Yank $5000 claimer runs 6.5 Furlongs in 1.15.4 Wins by 7 1/2 lengths
It looks like the second time someone performed magic with this horse.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #45
lamboguy

today they raided the NESS barns in TAMPA.

what did they find?

NADA

i heard BERUBE is not to happy down there these days with all the trainers promising not to come down there next year because they don't think they can win.

i highly recommend that BERUBE look into my suggestion with limits of stalls for horses to 26 and limit ownership to 5 horses at a time there. if they find someone circumventing those rules, you have to throw them out of the place for life.

i know this is anti-capitalistic, but we are in dire times in the racing game and we need drastic measures to stay alive.

who the hell is going to send horses to TAMPA with those rotten purses that they can never win no matter how good their horse is?
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply