Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #76
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
Al, when is first post ? What time do the gates open ?

We plan on leaving Baltimore at 7. Hope to be there at 11.
It's 200 miles...Better leave at 6. You'll make Exit 13 off the NJ turnpike in 2.5 hrs...The rest of the trip could take 45 mins or it could take 2 hrs. Really....The traffic on the Belt Parkway could be THAT bad.
Have fun at the track. Wish I could go this year.....
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #77
nijinski

CJ's Dad should be celebrated in the winners circle by NYRA ,for all that traveling he does in support of the sport. A truly dedicated fan !
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #78
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
CJ's Dad should be celebrated in the winners circle by NYRA ,for all that traveling he does in support of the sport. A truly dedicated fan !

Thanks for the kind words. I do it because I love going to new places and some old ones plus the number of very nice and interesting folks I have met over the years is priceless. To list a few:

OTMAL- JustRalph- PA- Grits-Tom-RedKnave-BillW-Sam I am-joeprunes-TedCraven and mom-Charlie&John-Storm Cadet-Trijack-Lamboguy- Bubbles and his dad Silver Sow- Andicap- Buddah- Offtrack- Track Collector-Proximity-Falconridge-MarylandOwner-Dave Schwartz-The little guy-Miesque-Zaf and his friends Jeff and Andy-PTtruckDriver-Bettowin-Joetb- -RRBauer (RIP)

I know I may have missed some - sorry.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #79
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
To list a few:

TedCraven and mom.
Point of order. Official Craven family designation is now Barb and son Ted. I think she once again did better than everyone this year. That's something like 3 years running.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #80
Grits

I'll miss all of you in a big way on Saturday, on this fantastic day of racing. So much so. For this girl, a month in Saratoga, and a two day delay leaving for home, due to Irene coming inland Upstate, was enough back and forth to NY for awhile.

The drive is long, and I've done it more times than I can count in the last 12 years.

CjD, you and Ralph enjoy the comforts of your ride up on your charter bus. I know that you do each year. Don't recall your arriving late either.

I'd love to get back to Kentucky. The drive west is further, but not half as tiring.

You guys have a blast and cash a lot of tickets. XOXOXs to all of you.

g

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I do it because I love going to new places and some old ones plus the number of very nice and interesting folks I have met over the years is priceless. To list a few:

OTMAL- JustRalph- PA- Grits-Tom-RedKnave-BillW-Sam I am-joeprunes-TedCraven and mom-Charlie&John-Storm Cadet-Trijack-Lamboguy- Bubbles and his dad Silver Sow- Andicap- Buddah- Offtrack- Track Collector-Proximity-Falconridge-MarylandOwner-Dave Schwartz-The little guy-Miesque-Zaf and his friends Jeff and Andy-PTtruckDriver-Bettowin-Joetb- -RRBauer (RIP)

I know I may have missed some - sorry.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #81
cj's dad

No bus trip Grits. That takes place on Belmont Staked day.

Saturday Ralph is driving along with myself and two other degenerate horse players.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #82
Zippy Chippy

If you get an extra ticket PM me by Friday. I'll come down. Ugh didn't notice this thread til today.
Zippy Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #83
Grits

I thought this was your charter. I've not read every post in the thread. I'm sorry. Either way, you guys enjoy and have a safe trip.

Quote:
No bus trip Grits. That takes place on Belmont Staked day.

Saturday Ralph is driving along with myself and two other degenerate horse players.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #84
Zippy Chippy

I'm just gonna head down anyway. Someone pm me their phone number. What time do you go to the track
Zippy Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #85
cj's dad

Just a reminder

Level 3 - Section - J Row - J

Chance of rain. We are under cover.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #86
point given

Quote:
Level 3 - Section - J Row - J

Chance of rain. We are under cover.
h

Sh........................... !

Saturday
http://[img]http://icons-ak.wxug.com....gif[/img]Showers likely. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming west 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 60 percent
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #87
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

It was supposed to have moved through today. Must have stalled out. The sun has been a rare thing around here lately
Old 09-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #88
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Wink

crap........ goin to have to wear my obama hoodie..............

JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #89
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

For those interested, the final race of the day will have something not seen for a while. My friend's horse Sandyinthesun in the 11th race will be ridden by Robbie Davis. I thought when he emailed me yesterday he meant Jackie as Robbie is the trainer, but DRF entries has been updated to list R. Davis.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #90
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

I need to take this last one back. Read the wrong line on the entries, so maybe what I thought initially was true.