Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-27-2023, 04:27 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Because the Federal Government is entitled to be paid for the services it provides. Services no one else can provide.
Like Ukraine handouts?
That is a service to them, not us.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:03 PM   #17
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
And the USPS is also entitled to be paid fairly for the service it provides. But, you wouldn't expect the USPS to charge 50 cents to mail a letter and then spend $40 of taxpayer money to deliver it? .
I can’t believe that there is an adult human being out there who thinks USPS is subsidized by tax payer money. IT IS NOT. Not since the Nixon Administration.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:19 PM   #18
Bustin Stones

Quote:
I can’t believe that there is an adult human being out there who thinks USPS is subsidized by tax payer money. IT IS NOT. Not since the Nixon Administration.
In many recent years, the USPS has been subsidized. But, I won't let you kidnap the debate with that. The only reason the USPS can balance its budget is agreements with Amazon and such and the new dual level union scales. Paying newer employees much less for the same work.
The party is over. I happen to know retired USPS folk. Some of them won't even use the service anymore because it has deteriorated. Some of the boxes have had checks stolen and tampered by employees in my neighborhood.
I am not damning the service. Most are hard working honest people. I am pointing out that the USPS is not a business model anyone wants to emulate. And it's an example of the lack of proper incentives existing in govt run operations. And unionizing said operations makes things even harder to turn around.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 05:22 PM   #19
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
As expected Musty has his special spin. Like I said, overall federal tax revenue went up significantly after Trump's tax cuts. We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

U.S. Tax Revenue by Year

FISCAL YEAR REVENUE
FY 2021 $4.05 trillion
FY 2020 $3.42 trillion
FY 2019 $3.46 trillion
FY 2018 $3.33 trillion
FY 2017 $3.32 trillion
FY 2016 $3.27 trillion
FY 2015 $3.25 trillion
FY 2014 $3.02 trillion
FY 2013 $2.78 trillion
FY 2012 $2.45 trillion
FY 2011 $2.30 trillion
FY 2010 $2.16 trillion
FY 2009 $2.11 trillion
FY 2008 $2.52 trillion
FY 2007 $2.57 trillion
FY 2006 $2.41 trillion
FY 2005 $2.15 trillion
FY 2004 $1.88 trillion
FY 2003 $1.78 trillion
FY 2002 $1.85 trillion
FY 2001 $1.99 trillion
FY 2000 $2.03 trillion

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/curr...evenue-3305762
You just posted the exact same thing I did except I took the time to calculate the % of increase.

During the Trump years, revenue increased by an average annual rate of $37,500,000,000.During thee last five years of the Obama Administration, revenue went up-on average-$194,000,000,000 per year.

In one year under Biden annual revenues climbed by $630,000,000,000.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:07 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...ll-2022-03-08/

There are hoards of these, as you have become more of a gutter trash human being, making excuses for Biden and his cast of idiots you seem to resort more and more to flat out lying. So if the taxpayers aren't bailing out USPS, who is? You then attack those that call out your constant lying, you missed your calling, you should have worked in politics. Your lack of morals would fit right in. The trash you stick up for because they align with your political views shows a person of very low character.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 06:16 PM   #21
davew

Quote:
In many recent years, the USPS has been subsidized. But, I won't let you kidnap the debate with that. The only reason the USPS can balance its budget is agreements with Amazon and such and the new dual level union scales. Paying newer employees much less for the same work.
The party is over. I happen to know retired USPS folk. Some of them won't even use the service anymore because it has deteriorated. Some of the boxes have had checks stolen and tampered by employees in my neighborhood.
I am not damning the service. Most are hard working honest people. I am pointing out that the USPS is not a business model anyone wants to emulate. And it's an example of the lack of proper incentives existing in govt run operations. And unionizing said operations makes things even harder to turn around.
I was talking to a guy last summer who said they got paid for 8 hours and then no overtime until after 12 hours on that shift. He was a rural route driver who routinely had 11-13 hour shifts.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 06:21 PM   #22
Bustin Stones

It's federal law that you have to pay someone no less than time and a half if they work more than 40 hours in a week.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 06:34 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I was talking to a guy last summer who said they got paid for 8 hours and then no overtime until after 12 hours on that shift. He was a rural route driver who routinely had 11-13 hour shifts.

My nearest neighbor is a retired USPS supervisor and we definitely are rural. I will have to ask him about the OT rules. He did say routes do have what are considered acceptable completion times in fair weather. Unlike Cliff Clavin here I trust him to be truthful and he is a Democrat.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:51 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
It's federal law that you have to pay someone no less than time and a half if they work more than 40 hours in a week.

The USPS as per themselves do use contract employees, which if they were lone private contractors, they could fall under the category of self employed and therefore be exempt from rules governing employees. They would be paid for work stipulated in a contract, that could have flat payments regardless of hours worked.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:24 PM   #25
xtb

Quote:
You just posted the exact same thing I did except I took the time to calculate the % of increase.

During the Trump years, revenue increased by an average annual rate of $37,500,000,000.During thee last five years of the Obama Administration, revenue went up-on average-$194,000,000,000 per year.

In one year under Biden annual revenues climbed by $630,000,000,000.
Like I said, you have your own special way of spinning anything.

You are giving your brain dead idol credit for a tax revenue increase of $630 billion in fiscal year 2021 which goes from 10/01/20 - 9/30/21. The reality is that the economy was shutdown for a good part of 2020 by liberal governors so of course there was only one way to go when it re-opened and that was up. Projections show that revenue will continue to increase significantly with these same tax cuts in place, the ones that AOC claimed are the biggest reason for our annual deficits.

Even the Congressional Budget Office last year had to revise their tax revenue forecast from a decrease due to the tax cuts, to an increase in tax revenue over the next 10 years, adjusted for inflation, due to Trump's tax cuts.

The obscene deficits we are seeing are from spending too much, not from collecting too little revenue.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2023, 10:44 AM   #26
davew

Quote:
Only the very dumbest people think a family budget or a kids credit card is equivalent to the budget of a nation of 330,000,000.
ITS NOT.
EXACTLY, just like most families would never have a good chunk of their income go to paying INTEREST on their debt.

Now that interest rates have started floating, there is a good possibility that by the end of Biden presidency the charge would be over $1 TRILLION per year.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2023, 01:46 PM   #27
boxcar

Quote:
If they're hourly workers...but not if they're salaried.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:41 PM   #28
tbwinner

Does the USPS pay property taxes on its locations like a fedex store would? If not, then yes, that alone means they're subsidized....
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2023, 07:17 PM   #29
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
Does the USPS pay property taxes on its locations like a fedex store would? If not, then yes, that alone means they're subsidized....
Seriously? Of course they pay property taxes. They also pay sales taxes and every other appropriate tax. It’s the Post Office not a church.

https://www.hechtgroup.com/the-unite...roperty-taxes/
Old 01-29-2023, 07:29 PM   #30
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...ll-2022-03-08/

There are hoards of these, as you have become more of a gutter trash human being, making excuses for Biden and his cast of idiots you seem to resort more and more to flat out lying. So if the taxpayers aren't bailing out USPS, who is? You then attack those that call out your constant lying, you missed your calling, you should have worked in politics. Your lack of morals would fit right in. The trash you stick up for because they align with your political views shows a person of very low character.
I was not aware of that. However it does not change what I said.I was referring to ongoing subsidies. You’re talking about a bailout paid out over a course of ten years. A bailout necessitated by the requirement to prepay pensions for 75 years. Something no one else is required to do.