Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-06-2022, 06:18 PM   #526
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
This kind of bullshit is beneath even you, as much as it pains me to type something like that.

First off, it's not going better than "we" (whoever WE is...) could have possibly imagined. Ask Ukrainian citizens how they think things are going in their country. Are they part of the WE?

Ask Biden how it's going, since before the war, he publicly stated the sanctions in place were meant to DETER an invasion. Thus, his administration FAILED at that goal. Is that going better then imagined?

Now we move onto the war itself. WE (and I assume you mean the USA) have little say in the ACTUAL WAR...so we have pretty much NO CONTROL on the outcome...thus, it's not really OUR victory lap to take if it goes swimmingly from here on out, is it? It would be the FAILURE of Putin and the Russian Army, would it not? And to a lesser extent, the better then expected ability of Ukraine to hold them at bay for longer than expected.

For the record, this war should NEVER have happened in the FIRST PLACE. THAT WOULD QUALIFY AS GOING BETTER THAN POSSIBLY IMAGINED.

Until the dust settles, which is going to take a much longer time then all the immediate gratification under-40 folks realize, WE have NO CLUE how this is going to turn out.
That obviously touched a nerve.

Good.

Before you get on your high horse though... my thoughts on this conflict before it kicked off are well documented in this thread.

I went so far as to call Putin a moron for even thinking about starting it.

He still gets a vote though and here we are... so yes... its going even better than we could have possibly expected.

Because unlike you I actually put out what I expect... not play partisan bullshit games for days and days before saying the following;

Quote:
For the record, and to counteract ely's ridiculous insinuations days ago in this thread, I agree pretty much with the US's response to the invasion.
I got a good laugh out of the above post...

Maybe next time don't be so hyper-partisan so you aren't required by blood oath to hate everything the current administration does first.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-06-2022 at 06:21 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2022, 06:51 PM   #527
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Unless you're Tom and just want to start bombing the shit out of Russia, there isn't anything the US COULD DO except for what it is doing.

So there's little choice whether or not to agree that it's the right move.

That's not saying much, now is it?

The real problem is how Ukraine has been played for YEARS and YEARS.
Old 03-06-2022, 06:52 PM   #528
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Oil futures opened about an hour ago...up $10 a barrel as I type this to $126.

Let's go Brandon!
Old 03-06-2022, 07:21 PM   #529
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So, according to my research and limited monkey brain, we have arrived at where we are now because WE (as ely likes to call us) led Ukraine down the primrose path (to quote that Univ. of Chicago professor) with visions of NATO inclusion (which were never going to happen)...only to leave them stranded and fending for themselves when the shit hit the fan. And now they are set to be pummeled and basically destroyed in the end.

Someone needs to break this news to all those folks on twitter who are holding out hope...because they don't seem to get it and as usual are clueless.

Oil is $127 a barrel at the moment when inflation was already running rampant in the US before this oil spike.

But this is definitely a win, right ely?

And why? Because all these fucking policy wonks that think like Ely see this as a huge win...a win for the energy companies in the US who want to get in on some of that $weet Euro LNG action that will be available now that Nord Stream 2 is on the rocks (which was the plan all along, at Ukraine's expense).

The wonks were also getting nervous that Germany and Russia were hooking up via this pipeline.

The US defense contractors also see this as a HUGE win, for obvious reasons.

Trump couldn't have spelled it out any clearer if he had a crystal ball and a time machine when he predicted what would happen in the US if Biden won.

Now all that is missing is the huge stock market crash...which is definitely coming. There will be no saving this market soon. If I were near retirement age, I'd definitely be figuring out how to cover my ass and SOON.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-06-2022 at 07:23 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2022, 07:30 PM   #530
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
It's not defeatist at all.

We aren't doing a no fly zone.

That's an act of war which would be counter-productive to the other methods we've been employing.

Quips are fun and all but they're still quips.
Poland may be sending F16s to Ukraine, as we speak. Negotiations are in the pipeline.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2022, 07:53 PM   #531
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Poland may be sending F16s to Ukraine, as we speak. Negotiations are in the pipeline.
Poland is not sending F16s.

Poland is transitioning to operating F16s and F35s. They are phasing out their MiG-29s which is what they're considering sending to Ukraine.

Why?

Because Ukrainian pilots know how to fly them.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:59 PM   #532
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Trump
Thought Americans were landing at Odessa.

Called Putin a genius.

Extorted Ukraine for campaign favors.

Is a fucking moron.

==================

Also love how myself, Biden, and other policy "wonks" are so fucking good we can both order Russian tanks into Ukraine while simultaneously calling it a bad idea...

We're very powerful... be scared.
Old 03-06-2022, 08:09 PM   #533
MargieRose

"Does anybody think that if Ukraine were the third-largest holder of nuclear weapons that Russia would be invading them right now?" [Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa.] said. "Of course not. They gave them up based on our word, based on the commitment that the United States, the UK gave to Ukraine and to Kazakhstan, as well.

Lesson From Ukraine: Breaking Promises to Small Countries Means They’ll Never Give Up Nukes

Quote:
The betrayal of Ukrainians in particular cannot be understated. In 1994, the Ukrainian government signed a memorandum that brought its country into the global Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty while formally relinquishing its status as a nuclear state. The text of that agreement stated that in exchange for the step, the “Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine.”
So, what should be done, when one's WORD is broken?
Old 03-06-2022, 08:43 PM   #534
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
For who?

Nobody in NATO is under attack.
For those million and growing number of refugees
For those hiding in subways for fear of missiles
For those who have lost loved ones
For those who will fall in the coming weeks

F your obbsession with "rules"
Were'nt you the one whinning and crying about the Sorries killing that reporter a couple of years ago? Talk is cheap.
Old 03-06-2022, 08:49 PM   #535
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Unless you're Tom and just want to start bombing the shit out of Russia, there isn't anything the US COULD DO except for what it is doing.

So there's little choice whether or not to agree that it's the right move.

That's not saying much, now is it?

The real problem is how Ukraine has been played for YEARS and YEARS.
Shit man, forgive my ass for remembering my history and listening to loose cannons like Churchill who had Hitler's number early on and Patton, who had Russia's all along. But the Eintsteins wrote them off.

How'd that work out for ya'll?
In the beginning, it was a few Jews, right?
Nothing to see here, WE are OK, and what more could we have done.

Enjoy the sequal.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:14 PM   #536
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
"Does anybody think that if Ukraine were the third-largest holder of nuclear weapons that Russia would be invading them right now?" [Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa.] said. "Of course not. They gave them up based on our word, based on the commitment that the United States, the UK gave to Ukraine and to Kazakhstan, as well.

Lesson From Ukraine: Breaking Promises to Small Countries Means They’ll Never Give Up Nukes

So, what should be done, when one's WORD is broken?
This was all part of the plan. We fucked Ukraine over on purpose to fuck over Russia.

So I'm not sure why all these folks on twitter are weeping for Ukraine.

This WAS THE PLAN.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:19 PM   #537
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

And if you weren't convinced at how OUR media is just as propagandized as Russia, look no further than the coverage on Ukraine.

They won't tell you the REAL STORY. They'll just romanticize it and put a nice little bow on top when all the smoke clears and Ukraine is no longer a country, exactly what the intelligence community tells them to report.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:39 PM   #538
MargieRose

Quote:
This was all part of the plan. We fucked Ukraine over on purpose to fuck over Russia.

So I'm not sure why all these folks on twitter are weeping for Ukraine.

This WAS THE PLAN.
I'd appreciate it, if you would expound on this.
Old 03-06-2022, 10:01 PM   #539
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'll let this guy explain it...this video was made almost 7 years ago...and was based on the revolution, unrest and the Russian-Ukraine war of 2014 that resulted in Crimea being taken by the Russians.

But it totally applies in the runup to the war we are witnessing today:

Old 03-06-2022, 10:11 PM   #540
MargieRose

Quote:
I'll let this guy explain it...this video was made almost 7 years ago...and was based on the revolution, unrest and the Russian-Ukraine war of 2014 that resulted in Crimea being taken by the Russians.

But it totally applies in the runup to the war we are witnessing today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMiSQAGOS4&t=110s
Thank you. I'll be sure to watch it.