Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-11-2021, 06:13 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Notre Dame needs a TD with 69 seconds left to beat Toledo 32-29, and they were at home to boot. Let us see where they go ranking wise next week from the current #8 spot.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 07:18 PM   #17
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Notre Dame needs a TD with 69 seconds left to beat Toledo 32-29, and they were at home to boot. Let us see where they go ranking wise next week from the current #8 spot.
Since it is Notre Dame...probably #7.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:21 PM   #18
Zydeco

#12 Oregon beat #3 Ohio State at Ohio State today. OSU will be #6 and Oregon will be #7 or 8. lol.
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 09:05 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Since it is Notre Dame...probably #7.

Sounds insane, but I would not bet against it.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:26 PM   #20
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Sounds insane, but I would not bet against it.
Inner Dirt
Old 09-12-2021, 07:58 AM   #21
zico20

What an exciting week it was. Florida St. stunned on a 60 yard pass on the final play to lose to FCS Jacksonville St. That doesn't sit well for Notre Dame who needed OT to beat them. A team who has been quietly good for years is Appalachian St. They almost pulled the upset at Miami. Remember when they went into Michigan as a FCS school and beat them. Looks like another overrated team is USC, what a horrible performance against Stanford along with Texas who got mauled.

What a week for my BYU Cougars! First joining the Big 12 and then breaking a 9 game losing streak against arch rival Utah. They better move into the top 20.

Here is my top 10 after this week. Notice you don't see Notre Dame in there!

1 Alabama
2 Georgia
3 Texas AM
4 Oklahoma
5 Oregon
6 Clemson
7 Cincinnati
8 Iowa
9 Ohio St.
10 Florida
Old 09-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Looks like another overrated team is USC, what a horrible performance against Stanford along with Texas who got mauled.

USC, who I hate because I am a UCLA fan, is another team that like Notre Dame is over rated. Nice to see them get lit up. Two garbage time TDs made it look more respectable than it was 42-28.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:00 PM   #23
Marshall Bennett

Texas looked like a high school JV against Arkansas.
What an overrated pile of crap.
Ohio St. as usual was also overrated.
Many played badly. Even Alabama let lowly Mercer push them around for the first 7 minutes of play.
Highly ranked Iowa St. at home played like shit as well and lost.
Not an easy task handicapping games so early in the season. Its too easy to follow the polls and not know the team's true ability.

This week : Illinois +10 (Lost)
Oregon +14.5 (Won)
Notre Dame -17 (Lost)
Georgia -22.5 (Won)
Iowa St. -4 (Lost)
Miss. St. +1 (Won)
Arkansas +7 (Won)

Season: 4-3
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2021, 12:11 PM   #24
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
What an exciting week it was. Florida St. stunned on a 60 yard pass on the final play to lose to FCS Jacksonville St. That doesn't sit well for Notre Dame who needed OT to beat them. A team who has been quietly good for years is Appalachian St. They almost pulled the upset at Miami. Remember when they went into Michigan as a FCS school and beat them. Looks like another overrated team is USC, what a horrible performance against Stanford along with Texas who got mauled.

What a week for my BYU Cougars! First joining the Big 12 and then breaking a 9 game losing streak against arch rival Utah. They better move into the top 20.

Here is my top 10 after this week. Notice you don't see Notre Dame in there!

1 Alabama
2 Georgia
3 Texas AM
4 Oklahoma
5 Oregon
6 Clemson
7 Cincinnati
8 Iowa
9 Ohio St.
10 Florida
My top 10 :
1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma
5. Notre Dame
6. Ohio St.
7. Texas A&M
8. Florida
9. Penn St.
10. Oregon
Old 09-19-2021, 12:58 PM   #25
zico20

Week 3 was exciting! I can't believe Alabama was a 15 point favorite at Florida. Great game, Florida is moving up in my rankings despite the loss. Lots of top teams struggled, Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Clemson, Ohio St., Notre Dame. Some of the others were playing cupcakes. Being from Missouri you can kind of guess I am a SEC/Big 12 fan. Love seeing West Virginia take down #15 Virginia Tech. It turns out Miami was ranked way too high as they got pummeled by Michigan St. How far has Florida St. fallen to get destroyed by Wake Forest. That is humiliating. Clemson better find an offense or they will get beat again and their goes their playoff run. To score only 14 points at home against Georgia Tech has to be worrisome for Tiger fans.

Did anyone see the end of the SMU-Louisiana Tech game? SMU threw a Hail Mary on the final play to win it. How good is Fresno St? They went into UCLA and stunned the #13 Bruins. Then again, they played Oregon tough all the way to the end. What a fourth quarter, maybe the best you will see all year.

How about my BYU, took down Arizona St to go to 3-0. All three wins were against Pac 12 teams, two of which were ranked. They will no doubt move into the top 20.

My top 10 for this week!

1 Alabama
2 Georgia
3 Oregon
4 Texas A&M
5 Oklahoma
6 Florida
7 Iowa
8 Cincinnati
9 Ohio St.
10 Clemson

Next two are obviously Penn St. and Notre Dame
Old 09-19-2021, 05:08 PM   #26
Marshall Bennett

That looks good to me. I'd swap #9 and 10 around is all.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:45 PM   #27
zico20

Week four in the books! Bye bye Clemson from the playoff, their six year run is over. Looks like the ACC is all but certain not to get a spot. Clemson and North Carolina have been major disappointments. While not too many marquee matchups it turned out to be a good day watching. I think Arkansas is for real, they dominated Texas A&M. Iowa struggles at home against lowly Colorado St. and Oklahoma got lucky. Love seeing USC go down in flames once again. Penn St. win over Auburn doesn't look that good after they got fortunate to beat Georgia St. Next week is a doozy with Cincinnati at Notre dame and Arkansas at Georgia.

My top 10

1 Alabama
2 Georgia
3 Oregon
4 Cincinnati
5 Iowa
6 Penn St.
7 Oklahoma
8 Florida
9 Arkansas
10 Notre Dame

Next two are Ohio St. and Mississippi
Old 09-26-2021, 08:10 PM   #28
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I see lots more upsets on the horizon
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2021, 05:29 PM   #29
zico20

Week 5 in the books! All that talk from so many that Mississippi was going to take down Alabama was absurd. It is clear them and Georgia are separating from the rest, and in a big way. If Cincinnati runs the table they deserve a top four spot. They put Notre Dame to shame! Looks like that UCLA talk was just that after a blowout loss to Arizona St. Oklahoma still doesn't impress me, won't be surprised if Texas beats them this Saturday. As Texas A&M keeps falling Kentucky rises from nowhere. So many of these preseason polls are so so far off. Iowa-Penn St. could be a great one! The AP has my BYU at #10.

My top 10 (3-5 you could flip a coin, nothing separates them)

1 Alabama
2 Georgia
3 Iowa
4 Cincinnati
5 Penn St.
6 Oklahoma
7 Michigan
8 Ohio St.
9 BYU
10 Oregon

Just out Michigan St.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:02 PM   #30
zico20

Can we just hand Georgia the national title right now? The problem with Alabama is that they don't have any standout receivers like they did the past few years. Young couldn't hit an elephant in the ass from 15 yards away. When you give up two long drives inside of five minutes with the game on the line you are not title contender in my book. Four great games Mississippi-Arkansas; Oklahoma-Texas; Iowa-Penn St. and obviously the Alabama game. How much longer can Oklahoma's luck hold?

My prediction halfway through is Georgia, Ohio St, Cincinnati and Iowa in the playoff. If Oklahoma would somehow manage to win out they would be in over the loser of the Big 10 game, which I think will be Iowa. I have a feeling Ohio St. is going to run the table for some reason. Alabama will lose to Georgia in the SEC title game and they are gone from contention.

My top 10

1 Georgia
2 Iowa
3 Cincinnati
4 Alabama
5 Oklahoma
6 Ohio St.
7 Penn St.
8 Kentucky
9 Michigan
10 Michigan St.

Next two Oregon and Oklahoma St.