Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-24-2023, 03:49 PM   #1
boxcar

Dimwits Want to Penalize the Wealthy if They Leave a Blue State

California Dems propose new wealth tax that would follow residents who leave the state

I love this excerpt:

"Billionaires aren't paying what they owe while enjoying public investments to build their empires," Lee wrote on Twitter. "My colleagues today and colleagues from 7 other states are introducing Wealth Taxes to bring tax justice #TaxTheRich."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/califo...eave-the-state

So, how do these billionaires owe the state in which they no longer live anything after they leave?

Last edited by boxcar; 01-24-2023 at 03:56 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2023, 03:52 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Kill your state to the point the rich people flee (whom you've driven out because you despise them in favor of criminals and illegal immigrants)...then try and institute tyranny to try and get some money back while you bleed financially towards your doom as a state because of your fucked up liberal polices.

Sounds about right.

81 million votes though, nationally, for that kind of garbage philosophy...
Old 01-24-2023, 04:48 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

Lefties are always screaming about wealthy people and businesses not paying their fair share of taxes. When I ask them to explain what a fair share is of course they can't make a convincing argument. I have always thought it was poor people who use a high percentage of government provided and built conveniences compared to what they contribute, not the rich.

The big call for businesses to be fleeced is their use of the government built transportation systems, like the interstate highway systems used for moving incoming and out going freight and public transportation used for transporting their employees to and from work.

Last I checked the transportation companies business hire pay fuel taxes and the like to use the transportation grid, employees pair fares and other taxes
that contribute to the transportation systems they use. Railroads are mostly privately owned and funded. About all the government did to help build the railroad system was giving land grants, which cost them next to nothing as most of the land was not worth much at the time.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2023, 04:52 PM   #4
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Lefties are always screaming about wealthy people and businesses not paying their fair share of taxes. When I ask them to explain what a fair share is of course they can't make a convincing argument. I have always thought it was poor people who use a high percentage of government provided and built conveniences compared to what they contribute, not the rich.

The big call for businesses to be fleeced is their use of the government built transportation systems, like the interstate highway systems used for moving incoming and out going freight and public transportation used for transporting their employees to and from work.

Last I checked the transportation companies business hire pay fuel taxes and the like to use the transportation grid, employees pair fares and other taxes
that contribute to the transportation systems they use. Railroads are mostly privately owned and funded. About all the government did to help build the railroad system was giving land grants, which cost them next to nothing as most of the land was not worth much at the time.
Just wait until they force EVs on everyone (or at least try to). The plan is already being drawn up to charge all drivers a mileage tax in order to make up for lost revenue from gasoline taxes.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:52 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Just wait until they force EVs on everyone (or at least try to). The plan is already being drawn up to charge all drivers a mileage tax in order to make up for lost revenue from gasoline taxes.

Most of their forcing what they call green energy on people is already backfiring and will do nothing but cause more havoc, but the powers to be are too uneducated and foolish to see otherwise. First their push toward electric cars, eliminating small internal combustion engines and natural gas powered appliances, will steadily increase the need for electricity. Electricity that must flow through an already maxed out grid. At the same time they are trying to shift to their so called green generated electricity that is more expensive and requires much more land space per megawatt than non green power.

Most people who push for green energy are either uneducated on the subject, or parroting misleading information or lies they have been told. I have yet to meet a one of them who is both highly educated on the subject and will be 100% truthful.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:38 PM   #6
delayjf

Now that I no longer live there, I'm all for it, The sooner CA collapses the sooner it can start anew.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2023, 07:51 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Now that I no longer live there, I'm all for it, The sooner CA collapses the sooner it can start anew.

How long were you imprisoned there, I spent 49 years before escaping?
Old 01-29-2023, 12:42 PM   #8
delayjf

24 years, left in 2017
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2023, 04:22 PM   #9
chrisl

They have been trying to implement this since the Davis days. They will continue to try. Back then it was 10 years out of state you were done. Yearly tax percentage was 10,9,8,7 etc until O at the tenth year. Nothing new
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2023, 04:27 PM   #10
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How long were you imprisoned there, I spent 49 years before escaping?
I came to Sacramento in 2002 to run one project for a developer. I enjoyed it so much, Projects were getting bettor and bettor. I moved my family here. I really enjoy it. Career is on fire. I can't complain.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply