Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-07-2022, 09:08 AM   #1261
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Ahh I see... 100% huh?

Because you're... old? Got it.
Old has nothing to do with it. Most people are naturally idealistic. It takes awhile to realize how corrupt our government and institutions are. Some people catch on quick. It took me awhile. Apparently some people never figure it out.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:13 AM   #1262
classhandicapper

Quote:
Why would you not, at least nominally, support the country trying to stem off foreign invasion?
Maybe because the ruling party is wildly corrupt, came into power with the help of foreign interference, and is mistreating some of it's own citizens because they are Russian speaking and would prefer to be aligned with Russia than NATO and the European Union.

This is not that tough.

In a war, one side isn't automatically the good guy.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:33 AM   #1263
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Maybe because the ruling party is wildly corrupt, came into power with the help of foreign interference, and is mistreating some of it's own citizens because they are Russian speaking and would prefer to be aligned with Russia than NATO and the European Union.

This is not that tough.

In a war, one side isn't automatically the good guy.
Wowza...
Old 06-10-2022, 01:09 PM   #1264
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Apparently...
Quote:
REUTERS ran an article with multiple photos from the ground in Ukraine. One of the photos reveals a certain something the media has been trying to deny. I am sure it will be memoryholed soon enough.

LULZ
Old 06-10-2022, 01:47 PM   #1265
classhandicapper

Quote:
Wowza...
Man, you have swallowed it all hook line and sinker. That's a shame.

You should at least TRY to understand what's been going on in Ukraine and not just listen to what our controlled media has been saying. You don't have to believe Putin even though he's been saying the same things for 20 years. There are some more independent sources in the world.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-10-2022 at 01:55 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 10:45 AM   #1266
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

They call this Pope "woke," right? Who knew he was this woke:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/14/russ...e-updates.html

Quote:
Pope Francis has again criticized Russia’s invasion of Ukraine but also suggested that perhaps the war was “somehow ... provoked.”

In the text of a conversation he had last month with the editors of Jesuit publications, Pope Francis said “what we are seeing is the brutality and ferocity with which this war is being carried out by the troops, generally mercenaries, used by the Russians.”

But, he added, “the danger is that we only see this, which is monstrous, and we do not see the whole drama unfolding behind this war, which was perhaps somehow either provoked or not prevented,” he said, adding that the “interest in testing and selling weapons” was perhaps a contributing factor to the conflict.

“Someone may say to me at this point: so you are pro-Putin! No, I am not. It would be simplistic and wrong to say such a thing,” Pope Francis said, adding: “I am simply against reducing complexity to the distinction between good guys and bad guys without reasoning about roots and interests, which are very complex.”
Time to cancel the Pope...he's starting to sound like Tucker and Tulsi.
Old 06-15-2022, 08:24 AM   #1267
classhandicapper

I'm not s fan of this Pope, but he doubled down.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...n-was-provoked
Old 06-15-2022, 11:19 AM   #1268
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Rut roh....

Double rut roh:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-qu...161813278.html

Quote:
US Quietly Urges Russia Fertilizer Deals to Unlock Grain Trade

(Bloomberg) -- The US government is quietly encouraging agricultural and shipping companies to buy and carry more Russian fertilizer, according to people familiar with the efforts, as sanctions fears have led to a sharp drop in supplies, fueling spiraling global food costs.
The EU and the US have built exemptions into their restrictions on doing business with Russia to allow trade in fertilizer, of which Moscow is a key global supplier. But many shippers, banks and insurers have been staying away from the trade out of fear they could inadvertently fall afoul of the rules. Russian fertilizer exports are down 24% this year. US officials, surprised by the extent of the caution, are in the seemingly paradoxical position of looking for ways to boost them.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:45 AM   #1269
Bustin Stones

Firstly, we don't listen to the pope when it involves politics. Reference all the tap dancing done by the Vatican while 6 million souls were burned in ovens back in the 1940s.
Secondly, when you cross a border and kill thousands of people, you don't get to claim provocation unless it's physical provocation. I'm not aware of any physical attacks on Russia by the Ukraine. But, then I'm not the most informed person in America.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2022, 01:59 PM   #1270
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
Secondly, when you cross a border and kill thousands of people, you don't get to claim provocation unless it's physical provocation. I'm not aware of any physical attacks on Russia by the Ukraine. But, then I'm not the most informed person in America.
This is my understanding.

There are Russian speaking people in areas of Ukraine that have been seeking independence from Ukraine because they consider themselves ethnically different and closer to Russia. They have been victims of aggression from extremist groups within Ukraine (many deaths). Before these extremist groups aligned with the west, the US classified them as Neo Nazis. Now that they are aligned with the west, apparently they are the good guys. Putin claims that when the war is over those regions will be granted independence. For Putin, that means there will some kind of puppet government that will be aligned with Russia instead of the west and Putin will have better control over his national defense and any natural resources they have. There are no good guys here.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-15-2022 at 02:06 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2022, 01:59 PM   #1271
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
Firstly, we don't listen to the pope when it involves politics. Reference all the tap dancing done by the Vatican while 6 million souls were burned in ovens back in the 1940s.
Old 06-15-2022, 02:04 PM   #1272
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Biden just announced another $1B for Ukraine...

Women can't find baby formula or tampons here in the USA, but we're upping the Ukraine total to $55B so far and no doubt gonna go even higher...
Old 06-15-2022, 02:05 PM   #1273
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I read that if you add up the huge financial cost of the war to Russia but add back the oil they sold at much higher prices because of the sanctions, Putin netted a profit on the war. I don't follow the Russian Ruble, but last I heard it was now HIGHER than before the war started. The only people suffering from this sanction idiocy are Americans and Europeans. Putin is making out like a bandit. Putin is playing 4D chess.
Old 06-15-2022, 02:09 PM   #1274
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Biden just announced another $1B for Ukraine...

Women can't find baby formula or tampons here in the USA, but we're upping the Ukraine total to $55B so far and no doubt gonna go even higher...
Here you go.

Attached Images
File Type: png Coors.png (353.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-15-2022, 02:10 PM   #1275
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I read that if you add up the huge financial cost of the war to Russia but add back the oil they sold at much higher prices because of the sanctions, Putin netted a profit on the war. I don't follow the Russian Ruble, but last I heard it was now HIGHER than before the war started. The only people suffering from this sanction idiocy are Americans and Europeans. Putin is making out like a bandit. Putin is playing 4D chess.
A LOT of things sure seem to have an air of "Wealth Transfer" these days, don't they???

Flood the Economies with money during COVID. Look now, at where so much Wealth is concentrating currently. It certainly isn't with the People...or Small Businesses.

Just saying.

Last edited by Elkchester Road; 06-15-2022 at 02:11 PM.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: