Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-20-2017, 08:02 AM   #1
PonyGirlJCM

Handicapping Websites

I know that “advertising” is not allowed on this site but looking for general feedback on if anyone thinks handicapping websites are helpful....worth any subscription costs.....if any are better than others.....
Doesn’t appear there are too many that are generic to just one track.....?

Thank you for any input.....
PonyGirlJCM is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
FakeNameChanged

Just curious, are you attached to a tampa bay hcp website? I see you've made at least three testimonials on it going back to 2012. I've not seen too many websites that actually offer a course, like Dave Schwartz does with his seminars occasionally. DRF and probably Brisnet offer some free basic handicapping usually. There are lots of youtube handicapping videos, mostly not very good, or very basic.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 09-20-2017 at 09:32 AM. Reason: removed website url
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #3
PonyGirlJCM

RE Whosonfirst Handicapping Websites

My post did not mention anything about Tampa....and I have only been a forum member since June of 2016 so not sure how I posted back to 2012....
My original questions were to Dave Schwartz as I heard a handicapper that spoke about that track and his handicapping style and was wondering if he offered other interviews from other handicappers.....

I am still new to this game...no real time or money for it....but every now and then like to explore it.....
Old 09-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
FakeNameChanged

You are on the website I mentioned in 2012. I deleted the actual site after posting it out of respect to PA. If you like I'll pm the website to you with your identical name on there. Google your name and there it is

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 09-20-2017 at 11:19 AM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #5
PonyGirlJCM

Whosonfirst

You have a better memory than I....have been curious about this sport for quite a while but as I said..just a passing interest that every now and again I look at.... if you want to send me whatever it is you are speaking of you can inbox it I would guess....
Old 09-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #6
PonyGirlJCM

Handicapping Websites

I have been unduly accused of being affiliated with a website due to starting a simple conversation...can’t understand what the problem was in asking but with 320 views up to this point and no replies except for my accuser I guess it’s a subject no one wants to talk about......thank you anyway......
Old 09-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
You are on the website I mentioned in 2012. I deleted the actual site after posting it out of respect to PA. If you like I'll pm the website to you with your identical name on there. Google your name and there it is
Please let the moderators moderate. If there is something nefarious going on it it will show up soon enough.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #8
FakeNameChanged

I stupidly posted a subscription website after googling, and deleted it from my own post. Sorry for moderating my own post. I've seen others chastised for mentioning a pay website service, who wasn't an advertiser on here.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
I stupidly posted a subscription website after googling, and deleted it from my own post. Sorry for moderating my own post. I've seen others chastised for mentioning a pay website service, who wasn't an advertiser on here.

It wasn't about moderating your own post. Asking once was fine, but no reason to keep pursuing it. The original post mentioned nothing about any specific website, it simply asked for suggestions. If there was another agenda to come out later on we'd be on it.

I'm really not trying to give you a hard time. I know the intentions were good.

Last edited by cj; 09-20-2017 at 09:44 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2017, 04:20 AM   #10
PonyGirlJCM

Handicapping websites

If you read the original post it states I know “advertising” is not allowed....I was asking in general if they thought there was merit to using subscriber services or just learn what you can from tutorial ones....
Old 09-21-2017, 05:08 AM   #11
steveb

you are already on the best site.
it's here.

there is lots of junk and know alls.
but there is gold too.

you just need a good filter!

best stuff is maybe long ago, but it's there for the taking.

and it's all for free.
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 11:39 AM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

PonyGirl,

Go through the General Handicapping thread and the Handicapper's Corner for all the good info you will ever need. Go back to the beginning of the Hdcpr Corner and read the stuff Thaskalos posted - lots of good stuff and good interaction in that one.

Lots of pretty smart folks post here

Just clink on an ad once in a while.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
PonyGirl,

Go through the General Handicapping thread and the Handicapper's Corner for all the good info you will ever need. Go back to the beginning of the Hdcpr Corner and read the stuff Thaskalos posted - lots of good stuff and good interaction in that one.

Lots of good advice here, especially towards the end...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 02:08 AM   #14
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
PonyGirl,

Go through the General Handicapping Discussion thread and the Handicapper's Corner for all the good info you will ever need. Go back to the beginning of the Hdcpr Corner and read the stuff Thaskalos posted - lots of good stuff and good interaction in that one.

When you first click on the above-bolded thread areas, first scroll to the bottom of the screen where you will see an area called "Display Options". I believe the "From The" box might have a default value of "Last 100 Days". Be sure to change this to "From the Beginning" to see ALL the threads, otherwise you will probably miss many of the threads and posts that Tom and others believe are a great source of information.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: