Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 05:30 PM   #16
TiffaniO
Queen B

If anyone doubts me... watch the replay of the 6 in the first at Presque Isle. Looks out of place on top of the horse from start to finish.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #17
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadVindication View Post
yeah then I don't really understand this thread. 31% ITM ain't bad. She's a millionaire. She has a bad run lately or what?

Sometimes I think it's true that women got to do more to prove themselves. Being the opposite gender of the usual in an industry makes a person stand out for good or bad.
She's not even close to being a millionaire, the 3 million dollars in earnings is the owner's share of the purse before expenses, with the jockey traditionally getting 10% of the owner's share for wins and 5% for place and show, although because she rides almost exclusively for her boyfriend there might be some other financial arrangement between them.

~Alan Watts
Old 06-29-2018, 12:02 PM   #18
clicknow

Hey, I have never made a post whining or complaining about stiffing a horse.

I just figure it happens since I see so many posts about it here. ROTFL

Last edited by clicknow; 06-29-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #19
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
She's not even close to being a millionaire, the 3 million dollars in earnings is the owner's share of the purse before expenses, with the jockey traditionally getting 10% of the owner's share for wins and 5% for place and show, although because she rides almost exclusively for her boyfriend there might be some other financial arrangement between them.
I believe she does some buying and selling of horses, breaks them, etc so that is income as well. For sure, some of the ones that don't sell get entered in races and she rides them. I guess they don't believe in letting horses just stand around in the barn in that case.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #20
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Hey, I have never made a post whining or complaining about stiffing a horse.

I just figure it happens since I see so many posts about it here. ROTFL
So in post 10 of this thread, what do you consider this statement by you?

“not to mention the amount of riders I see every day "stiffing" a horse and not riding for the win”
Old 06-29-2018, 02:34 PM   #21
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
So in post 10 of this thread, what do you consider this statement by you?

“not to mention the amount of riders I see every day "stiffing" a horse and not riding for the win”
I call it a bad choice of words when I posted.

You won't see me complaining about wagers I lose where I'm playing the blame game ---- I look for my own handicapping errors first.

My reason for posting in the topic in the first place was to find explanations for their business model because outsiders are not always privy to all the reasons a business does what it does.

Ms Cox's situation is VERY UNIQUE in that she only rides for her boyfriend. Most people understand this.

For that reason, I personally wouldn't feel compelled to "single her" as a topic for derisive conversation.

FWIW, Ms. Cox: "At least I won't have to worry about fighting with the owner or the trainer after the race if the horse doesn't get a good ride."

I'm sure they could expand their model but it appears they like to keep things in the family, and trust is an important issue for them. :shrugs:

Last edited by clicknow; 06-29-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #22
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
I call it a bad choice of words when I posted.

You won't see me complaining about wagers I lose where I'm playing the blame game ---- I look for my own handicapping errors first.

My reason for posting in the topic in the first place was to find explanations for their business model because outsiders are not always privy to all the reasons a business does what it does.

Ms Cox's situation is VERY UNIQUE in that she only rides for her boyfriend. Most people understand this.

For that reason, I personally wouldn't feel compelled to "single her" as a topic for derisive conversation.

FWIW, Ms. Cox: "At least I won't have to worry about fighting with the owner or the trainer after the race if the horse doesn't get a good ride."

I'm sure they could expand their model but it appears they like to keep things in the family, and trust is an important issue for them. :shrugs:
She only rides for her significant other because no one else would put her on a horse that they want to win with. I posted about her because I have watched her ride for years and she’s blown way too many races for Rice. My former trainer is a relative of his and even he joked “that is some awfully expensive ****y” if you get my drift.

The original post was my PSA of the week to save people here money! Lol

Last edited by TiffaniO; 06-29-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:11 PM   #23
dilanesp

Quote:
She only rides for her significant other because no one else would put her on a horse that they want to win with. I posted about her because I have watched her ride for years and she’s blown way too many races for Rice. My former trainer is a relative of his and even he joked “that is some awfully expensive ****y” if you get my drift.

The original post was my PSA of the week to save people here money! Lol
LOL Tiff. I posted a joke like that in this thread and it got taken down.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:30 PM   #24
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
LOL Tiff. I posted a joke like that in this thread and it got taken down.
Did the stewards at least post an inquiry before they took you down? Lmao
Old 06-30-2018, 04:57 PM   #25
clicknow

Quote:
My former trainer is a relative of his and even he joked “that is some awfully expensive ****y” if you get my drift.
Wow. Take the low road much?

Maybe she should trumpet it out publically, and explain why she's "awfully expensive", like you do?

Quote:
Funny though, I’ve had people tell me that they would die for a taste of my nectar.
Quote:
I get told “wow” on a pretty regular basis
As a confident, accomplished, and classy young woman, Ms. Cox probably doesn't feel the need for that kind of self-aggrandizement though.

Quote:
The original post was my PSA of the week to save people here money!
Quote:
I obviously don’t care she’s female.

I don't believe THAT for a moment, my dear.

Quote:
if you get my drift.
Your drift is pretty transparent. Singling out a woman as a "topic" on a forum to comment on her professional ability is one thing. Moving on to talking about her body parts? Classless.

(YOU might want to read up on the Queen Bee Syndrome in order to develop some self-awareness about yourself. )

Last edited by clicknow; 06-30-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #26
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Wow. Take the low road much?

Maybe she should trumpet it out publically, and explain why she's "awfully expensive", like you do?

As a confident, accomplished, and classy young woman, Ms. Cox probably doesn't feel the need for that kind of self-aggrandizement though.

I don't believe THAT for a moment, my dear.

Your drift is pretty transparent. Singling out a woman as a "topic" on a forum to comment on her professional ability is one thing. Moving on to talking about her body parts? Classless.

(YOU might want to read up on the Queen Bee Syndrome in order to develop some self-awareness about yourself. )
I really don’t care what you think of me. I never asked your opinion. I just relayed a comment by someone related to her boyfriend.

Her riding would be like my husband buying a football team and then letting me play quarterback. Lol that would’ve a bad idea. Just as this is.

All she has accomplished in Racing is delivering horrific rides and winning at a single digit clip on horses that would win in the 20%-25% range for an average jockey.

If I saw a male riding as clueless and poorly as she does, who only rides for his girlfriend I’d be sure to single him out.

And just an FYI please don’t ridicule me and then call me “dear”. YOU might want to read up on Napoleon Complex or SPS.

Thank you for taking the time to read my old posts... kinda stalkerish but I guess that’s to be expected.

Last edited by TiffaniO; 06-30-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #27
metro

Quote:

All she has accomplished in Racing is delivering horrific rides and winning at a single digit clip on horses that would win in the 20%-25% range for an average jockey.
Not defending Arienne Cox but the Ortiz brothers would be lucky to win with 10% of the horses in Wayne Rice's barn.

Whatever this GF/BF team does seems to work for them....buy cheap stock at FTK and Kee yearling sales, run them in the baby races at Kee, cash a few 3rd and 4th place checks, get a runner or two out of a dozen or so, go to Presque Isle, hit an occasional MSW winner or hit the board enough to pay the bills. Rinse. Repeat.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #28
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
Not defending Arienne Cox but the Ortiz brothers would be lucky to win with 10% of the horses in Wayne Rice's barn.

Whatever this GF/BF team does seems to work for them....buy cheap stock at FTK and Kee yearling sales, run them in the baby races at Kee, cash a few 3rd and 4th place checks, get a runner or two out of a dozen or so, go to Presque Isle, hit an occasional MSW winner or hit the board enough to pay the bills. Rinse. Repeat.
Actually she loses on a ton of odds on favorites at Presque Isle. Go back and watch replays of her races.

Take a look at the pic I uploaded with this message. She’s on the 6 in purple. A real jockey does not look like that on a horse.

I have a question. If you owned or trained a horse and the horse was 1–1 and your regular jockey was unable to ride and Cox came to you and said “can I ride your horse?” Would you say yes or no?

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 946CD45F-B35C-4099-B51C-FB6DBA167030.jpeg (19.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by TiffaniO; 07-01-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:01 AM   #29
metro

Quote:
Actually she loses on a ton of odds on favorites at Presque Isle. Go back and watch replays of her races.

Take a look at the pic I uploaded with this message. She’s on the 6 in purple. A real jockey does not look like that on a horse.

I have a question. If you owned or trained a horse and the horse was 1–1 and your regular jockey was unable to ride and Cox came to you and said “can I ride your horse?” Would you say yes or no?
I seldom bet on the Rice/Cox duo and certainly wouldn't have her as my go to if I needed another jockey, especially if the horse was well meant (not that I'm an owner or trainer though).

The race in question kind of gets back to my point. They have found something that works for them.

Blazin Liason is the horse Cox is on in the pic you uploaded, a $2200 yearling from FTK Oct/17 that they have made $1577 with to date. Obviously not a horse they have a lot invested in. Not a horse they will make a lot of money with.

They have a runner entered at PID today as well, Jay Wow, a $2500 yearling from FTK Oct/15. A runner they've made over $33K (25 1-4-1) with, 23 of the starts coming at PID, the two dirt races I would bet my last dollar came at Kee in baby races in April of 2016.

Neither are what I would consider good in their chosen profession. neither are worth serious consideration when handicapping, but I do not mind having either of them as part of the game. Good for them for, somehow, making it work.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:23 AM   #30
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
I seldom bet on the Rice/Cox duo and certainly wouldn't have her as my go to if I needed another jockey, especially if the horse was well meant (not that I'm an owner or trainer though).

The race in question kind of gets back to my point. They have found something that works for them.

Blazin Liason is the horse Cox is on in the pic you uploaded, a $2200 yearling from FTK Oct/17 that they have made $1577 with to date. Obviously not a horse they have a lot invested in. Not a horse they will make a lot of money with.

They have a runner entered at PID today as well, Jay Wow, a $2500 yearling from FTK Oct/15. A runner they've made over $33K (25 1-4-1) with, 23 of the starts coming at PID, the two dirt races I would bet my last dollar came at Kee in baby races in April of 2016.

Neither are what I would consider good in their chosen profession. neither are worth serious consideration when handicapping, but I do not mind having either of them as part of the game. Good for them for, somehow, making it work.
You seem to forget that it costs money to keep a horse. They have 10s of thousands in each horse to just get them to the races and keep them there.

And anyways I was just commenting about how much money he’s throwing away by riding an incompetent jockey.

He can do what he wants but when you don’t use the brain in your cranium, it proves costly and her rides cost him 100s of thousands a year.

I’m sure J Wow has cost at least 30k in bills in 33 months.

My guess is he makes the most profits when other outfits spot runners that need to be claimed and he flips a cheap purchase into a 10k claim because someone sees the horse can be improved upon.

Last edited by TiffaniO; 07-01-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Closed Thread