Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #16
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi View Post
She had a HUGE for sale sign on her, and then getting caught in a three horse duel on the rail didn't help much. The only reason someone would be complaining about it, is that they bet her and watched their money disappear at the 3/16 pole. Those are the horses you looking to make money off of in this game. It's the very FIRST thing you learn in betting horses, look for vulnerable favourites and she was as vulnerable as you can get. Instead of chastising Tom, thank him for the money making opportunity, don't bitch if you can't read between the lines.
Actually I didn't bet the race nor was I rooting for the horse to break down.Quite the contrary. I now live in Florida and have watched the anti-greyhoud bandwagon take hold and gain ridiculous momentum.

I also have friend in the fur business in NY who will lose their livelihood due another movement.

If you think horse racing is immune you are simply ignorant. It is around the corner, and if horses that are unfit race and cannot finish it will occur even sooner.

Rally, no sweat off my ass. I love racing but it is not my livlihood.

Here is some more drama

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/n...702-story.html

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opini...712-story.html
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 03:09 PM   #17
bello
Veteran

Quote:
She had a HUGE for sale sign on her, and then getting caught in a three horse duel on the rail didn't help much. The only reason someone would be complaining about it, is that they bet her and watched their money disappear at the 3/16 pole. Those are the horses you looking to make money off of in this game. It's the very FIRST thing you learn in betting horses, look for vulnerable favourites and she was as vulnerable as you can get. Instead of chastising Tom, thank him for the money making opportunity, don't bitch if you can't read between the lines.
Ah from Louisiana so you must know Tom.

BTW, lots of people can read between the lines. Drop a horse that is hurt, ( No Not Slow, but hurt enough to be eased in the stretch) is more than reading between the lines. Thank Tom for creating a betting opportunity? Im glad I don't operate that way.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #18
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello View Post
Actually I didn't bet the race nor was I rooting for the horse to break down.Quite the contrary. I now live in Florida and have watched the anti-greyhoud bandwagon take hold and gain ridiculous momentum.

I also have friend in the fur business in NY who will lose their livelihood due another movement.

If you think horse racing is immune you are simply ignorant. It is around the corner, and if horses that are unfit race and cannot finish it will occur even sooner.

Rally, no sweat off my ass. I love racing but it is not my livlihood.

Here is some more drama

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/n...702-story.html

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opini...712-story.html
What do the anti-greyhound racing movement and people not wanting to buy real fur anymore have to do with Thomas Amoss dropping a horse in class to try to get someone to claim it? If you can't handle seeing horses drop in class, you should probably stop watching racing because it happens literally every day.
castaway01 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 03:17 PM   #19
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
What do the anti-greyhound racing movement and people not wanting to buy real fur anymore have to do with Thomas Amoss dropping a horse in class to try to get someone to claim it? If you can't handle seeing horses drop in class, you should probably stop watching racing because it happens literally every day.
Tell me why the show LUCK was cancelled? Sure horses break down every day. That is the problem the industry needs to deal with. If you think horse racing is immune you need to get your head out of your ass.

And if you watch the race you would see the horse was eased. Once again, ping me when he races again.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #20
Maximillion

I didnt really read it as a giant negative drop.
Not sure this filly is taking down allowances at any major track...even if 100% sound and not a scratch on her,where else do you enter a horse like this?
Just a difference of opinion is all.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 03:35 PM   #21
GMB@BP

Quote:
from what i can tell the inside is also not the place to be today.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 03:38 PM   #22
v j stauffer

Quote:
Wood, duel means two, so therefore three horses can't duel. Sorry for nitpicking. I've been guilty of making that call myself.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:58 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
This
Old 07-22-2018, 05:59 PM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Wood, duel means two, so therefore three horses can't duel. Sorry for nitpicking. I've been guilty of making that call myself.
So......"truel?"
Old 07-22-2018, 06:35 PM   #25
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello View Post
Tell me why the show LUCK was cancelled? Sure horses break down every day. That is the problem the industry needs to deal with. If you think horse racing is immune you need to get your head out of your ass.

And if you watch the race you would see the horse was eased. Once again, ping me when he races again.
Are you saying you believe LUCK was cancelled because horses break down every day?
Old 07-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #26
v j stauffer

9 of 26 posts in a thread by the same person?
Old 07-22-2018, 09:06 PM   #27
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Dropping from 30k to 20k is not really a drop IMO. I've seen a lot worse, e.g., when they go from graded stakes to claiming, that's the red flag.

I'm not a Tom Amoss fan. A few years ago, he gave a weird rant on TVG one day regarding Lasix & drugs. He said that giving these drugs to race horses was as American as apple pie. That U.S. horse racing "is not the sport of kings..." These drugs make horse ownership possible for the common man.

I often thought that I'd like to own an NFL team and if I were allowed to use PEDs I wouldn't have to hire expensive, talented athletes.

Anyway, Tom got suspended shortly thereafter for overusing Methocarbamol.
But in this situation, I just don't see it. Tied Up didn't break down and was actually leading at the 1/4 pole.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 09:21 PM   #28
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Anybody wagering on a Tom Amoss horse at Saratoga should quit wagering.

That is my 2 cents.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 09:33 PM   #29
garyscpa

It's the old Delta Downs to Saratoga ship angle. Everyone knows that's a bad angle.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #30
Brass Hat

I have no opinion on Tom Amoss, but it seems, anecdotally, as if there are more claiming races limited to 3 year olds at Saratoga than there used to be. One angle that was OK the first weekend in these races is horses who have shown speed and run competitively in N2L claimers against older horses, running back against 3 year olds. The Nevin horse Saturday needed a head bob to win, and another in the first race yesterday finished second, but both were overlooked in the wagering, maybe because there is a perceived class jump because of the claiming price, 25,000 N2L vs. 32,000. Might be coincidence, but might be something interesting to watch for in these races.

Last edited by Brass Hat; 07-23-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Brass Hat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: