Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #16
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
What does each column stand for...such as H or K,L, & M...am lost...everybody has different interpretations....but with-out knowing what your #'s represent...
H is the number of speed points each individual horse has. I use three different ways of looking at pace and speed figures. K, L, and M are how each horse ranks on those methods. The one I use primarily is K. The top 3 horses in this column seem to win a lot of races.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #17
azeri98

I like the in the 1st
in the 2nd
in the 3rd
love the in the 4th especially if the scratches to run Saturday
in the 5th
in the 6th, I think there is a lot of speed in the race and she will sit just off the pace
in the 7th with
in the 8th, these owners have good luck when they buy into proven horses plus I think he might be just as good as BOM.
in the 9th I hope i get at least 5/2, I think he will get hammered at the windows, is a threat
in the 10th, could be the best distance for this horse where as others are suspect, will play with
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #18
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
H is the number of speed points each individual horse has. I use three different ways of looking at pace and speed figures. K, L, and M are how each horse ranks on those methods. The one I use primarily is K. The top 3 horses in this column seem to win a lot of races.
Thanks for that....Merry Christmas...and B.O.L....
Old 12-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #19
Suff
Beat up 💪

Ocho

In race 1 I like the ML 12-1, I have him on 6-1 and a setup sleeper in the 1st. He's had extra time off. He's winners circle jinxed but 7 for 12 ITM on the surface & track, and a cranked up work 5 days ago. He's not over classed.

Needs quick fractions.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2018, 09:29 PM   #20
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
In race 1 I like the ML 12-1, I have him on 6-1 and a setup sleeper in the 1st. He's had extra time off. He's winners circle jinxed but 7 for 12 ITM on the surface & track, and a cranked up work 5 days ago. He's not over classed.

Needs quick fractions.
Can't blame you on this one. I have him ranked up there and is probably has the same needs as the as far as pace.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:48 PM   #21
linrom1
Veteran

I am going to play a P-4 and Double in leg 7.

RACE River Boyne(IRE) has no even remote equals. The horse has tactical speed so Gidu should not be able to steal the race. I am going to use Combatant to play a small double to hedge. This horse is bred for turf and there is no reason to run him here unless Asmussen has BIG confidence.

RACE Two horse race between Battle of Midway and Dabster

I don't like Gift Box at all; wise guys are talking him up, so why did Sadler scratch him in 3-horse race with Battle of Midway and Dabster in Nov?

RACE I am going to use 2 Bafferts McKinzie and Ax Man. I think that the main completion here is Copper Bullet that Asmussen shipped here in early Dec, the horse has 3 works at SA--that's significant.

Seven Trumpets could be the third best 3-year old sprinter behind Promises Fulfilled and Firenze Fire and Kanthaka who is a wise guys horse, but he is 3-3 at the distance at SA.

RACE You got to like Hunted with A Cruz east coast transplant jock who knows how to ride turf and trained by Baltas. The horse has some beautiful West Coast turf breeding also.

Acker, blew the field away last out and condition seems to be written exclusively for this horse.

I will also add my B choices,

A Ticket.......B Ticket
1x2x5x2 or 1x2x5x4

Last edited by linrom1; 12-25-2018 at 11:50 PM.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2018, 05:08 AM   #22
ultracapper

In the 3rd I can't find any reason to toss I Am the Danger. At 5/2 ML really can't play W/P on him, but what I considered the 2 main threats have issues.

Rinse and Repeat should have rolled by to win his last, but when he drew even with the leader, with all the momentum, he just didn't go on. He raced without blinkers for the first time since way back when, and what I saw there makes me think they should go back on.

Street to Indy won his 18th start in fine stretch running fashion, then didn't train for 2 months. Funny way to handle a 5yo that finally, after all that, gets it done. If all was right, I would have expected to see him at the Bing Crosby meet. I'm sure he's probably alright, but that handling makes me pause.

I guess if there's one that after it won, you'd look in the pps and say, "oh, look at this and that", it's Shane Zain. This Baltas/Prat with back class efforts that has trained well during an 11 week break would be a lot more interesting at 6/1 ML if he'd looked better, at any time, in his 3 races since coming back to California from a midwest tour for the Oceanside.

Looking for a flyer, get creative with For the Hustle. BHeadley had him scorching in the AM and winging it in the afternoons. Papaprodromou claims him, tapes up the front legs, gets EMaldonado to sit off it early, and gets him home. Since the win, Papaprodromou has really slowed him down for the clockers, so we'll see if maybe the horse just needed a different way of doing everything.

Can't see a reason to support or in the win pool.

Selection is I Am the Danger 5/2 ML

Hope and pray pick For the Hustle 20 ML
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #23
azeri98

was scratched in the first, my initial pick was the but now have to side with the Is probably going gate to wire
Old 12-26-2018, 03:09 PM   #24
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I like the in the 1st
in the 2nd
in the 3rd
love the in the 4th especially if the scratches to run Saturday
in the 5th
in the 6th, I think there is a lot of speed in the race and she will sit just off the pace
in the 7th with
in the 8th, these owners have good luck when they buy into proven horses plus I think he might be just as good as BOM.
in the 9th I hope i get at least 5/2, I think he will get hammered at the windows, is a threat
in the 10th, could be the best distance for this horse where as others are suspect, will play with
had the in the 2nd paid $21.40
Old 12-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #25
jay68802

Will take the - double in race 3 here.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #26
tophatmert

Have doubles going to in the 4th race and will use in some exs and tris
tophatmert is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #27
azeri98

geez that horse is really good, she passed the like she was standing still
Old 12-26-2018, 05:29 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

La Brea - another Baffert huge favorite sucks wind and retreats to the back of the pack.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #29
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
La Brea - another Baffert huge favorite sucks wind and retreats to the back of the pack.
That was brutal.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:58 PM   #30
tophatmert

SA 7th exbox press the W/P on the
tophatmert is offline   Reply With Quote Reply