Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #76
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
If a woman is raped, reports it, but does not name her accuser....and the rapist goes on to rape someone else would you call her a snowflake? Would you think she is to blame?

No one knows why victims don't report things, but it seems pretty short sighted to me as a man to try and discredit a victim.

Unfortunately you've even turned this into a right/left thing as I'm sure you and your ilk are still mad at Judd for taking swipes at your boy toy. That's why you view this like you do.

Snowflakes...
Judd was sexually harassed, not raped. Let's stick to the facts.

Judd came out with her story in 2015 in Vanity Fair:

"Judd told Variety’s Ramin Setoodeh about her harassment at length as a part of the publication’s Power of Women issue in 2015. Though she declined to give his name, the actress went in-depth on the nature of the harassment:"

So I ask again...why did protect her harasser? She's strong enough to take on the President in public but can't name Harvey Weinstein?

Who exactly did she save from harm when she named Trump? Who could she have saved if she had named Weinstein?

See where I'm going? I know that you do...but you'll never admit when you're wrong.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #77
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Like I said....this is about her politics with you. Plain and simple.
Her politics shows her not to be a snowflake. It shows her to be a strong woman who will stand up for what she believes in, even if it's the President of the USA.

But ol' Harvey Weinstein...

And it's not like she's ashamed...she talked IN DETAIL about her harassment, but refused to name him. I keep asking why. You guys keep coming back with stuff that doesn't apply. If she hadn't told her story at all, then you'd have a point.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #78
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Now that Hollywood has thrown Weinstein officially under the bus, due to the comments by her royal highness Meryl Streep, who does this benefit the most? Doesn't Hollywood fear that Weinstein may threaten to drop names of others who were sexual predators as well, to save his sorry ass?.....Or is this a preemptive diversion for some kind of impending breaking news to come possibly out of the WH(Pizzagate)?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #79
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I have but one question for BaffertsWig and Dahoss.

Do you think, for one nanosecond, that if we replace the name Harvey Weinstein with Donald Trump, that Judd would have still kept his name under wraps?

Case closed.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #80
BaffertsWig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Do you think, for one nanosecond, that if we replace the name Harvey Weinstein with Donald Trump, that Judd would have still kept his name under wraps?

Case closed.
I can't answer that question because I am not Ashley Judd and do not share that/those unfortunate experience(s) with her.
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #81
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Judd was sexually harassed, not raped. Let's stick to the facts.

Judd came out with her story in 2015 in Vanity Fair:

"Judd told Variety’s Ramin Setoodeh about her harassment at length as a part of the publication’s Power of Women issue in 2015. Though she declined to give his name, the actress went in-depth on the nature of the harassment:"

So I ask again...why did protect her harasser? She's strong enough to take on the President in public but can't name Harvey Weinstein?

Who exactly did she save from harm when she named Trump? Who could she have saved if she had named Weinstein?

See where I'm going? I know that you do...but you'll never admit when you're wrong.
I admit I was wrong when I called you fair.

I never said she was raped....but you see where I'm going. I know that you do...but you'll never admit when you're wrong.

It's ALL about politics with you. You're mad at Judd because she called out your man crush. You don't need to admit it, but obviously that's why you're commenting.

Sad that politics are making you victim blame.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 02:39 PM   #82
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Sad that politics are making you victim blame.
Politics is definitely skewing somebody's thought process, but it ain't mine.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #83
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

Case closed.
I don't know. That's the truth.

I have a question for you. If it wasn't Ashley Judd, who we both you know you have an issue with, would you be acting like this?

Since you seem to think you know why she didn't name him....why don't you just say it. I'm curious why you think she didn't name him.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #84
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Politics is definitely skewing somebody's thought process, but it ain't mine.
DENIAL

Are you going to pretend you don't have an issue with Judd for what she said about Trump?
Old 10-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #85
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Like you, I have no idea why she didn't name him, given all the other facts in place.

There could be a huge number of reasons.

I would think a woman who could get up in front of a large crowd and tear the President a new asshole would have ZERO problem naming her sexual harasser...especially after she had revealed the harassment publicly and was already an established actor.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:45 PM   #86
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Like you, I have no idea why she didn't name him, given all the other facts in place.

I would think a woman who could get up in front of a large crowd and tear the President a new asshole would have ZERO problem naming her sexual harasser...especially after she had revealed the harassment publicly and was already an established actor.
Notice you avoided my question. It's cool. I think most people can see what this is about.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #87
jms62
Veteran

Quote:

Is it possible that even though she was an established star she felt this guy had enough clout in the industry to end her career. Women all over the world face this decision on a daily basis. Guy is a scum and he deserves everything coming to him.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #88
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's interesting she may have thought Weinstein could end her career, but the President of the United States has zero ability to mess with her life.

Good stuff boys.

Doesn't add up using conventional math...that's the problem. Unless you're clouded by politics that is, which I'm not.

She's a strong woman. No snowflake there. What you say, I'm not buying.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #89
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Notice you avoided my question. It's cool. I think most people can see what this is about.
I'm using what she said about Trump to prove my point.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #90
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
It's interesting she may have thought Weinstein could end her career, but the President of the United States has zero ability to mess with her life.

Good stuff boys.

Doesn't add up using conventional math...that's the problem. Unless you're clouded by politics that is, which I'm not.

She's a strong woman. No snowflake there. What you say, I'm not buying.
So you have no issue with her calling out Trump? Are you really going to pretend that?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: