Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-26-2019, 02:36 PM   #31
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahossdaboss View Post
I don’t know if there is. Just like you don’t. You think you do and already said there is none but you have no idea.
The investigation is based on the testimony of Lowell. According to the article the only facts, supported by testimony, are kushner used the app and continues to use the app.

Quote:
Cummings, who now leads the Oversight Committee, says in a new letter to White House counsel Pat Cipollone that Lowell confirmed to the two lawmakers that Kushner “continues to use” WhatsApp to conduct White House business. Cummings also indicated that Lowell told them he was unsure whether Kushner had ever used WhatsApp to transmit classified information.
The testimony of the witness, Lowell, further states, he was unsure whether Kushner had ever used WhatsApp to transmit classified information.

Based on the testimony the chair is basing an investigation that Kushner uses a legal app, without evidence that Kushner transmitted classified information on the app.

There is no testimony providing evidence of a crime. An investigation in search of a crime.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2019, 02:45 PM   #32
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
The investigation is based on the testimony of Lowell. According to the article the only facts, supported by testimony, are kushner used the app and continues to use the app.

The testimony of the witness, Lowell, further states, he was unsure whether Kushner had ever used WhatsApp to transmit classified information.

Based on the testimony the chair is basing an investigation that Kushner uses a legal app, without evidence that Kushner transmitted classified information on the app.

There is no testimony providing evidence of a crime. An investigation in search of a crime.
Imagine wasting all of this time because you’re still butt hurt over a disagreement 7 years ago. Get some help.
Dahossdaboss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #33
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Imagine wasting all of this time because you’re still butt hurt over a disagreement 7 years ago. Get some help.
So it is a waste of time to respond to you.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 03-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #34
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
So it is a waste of time to respond to you.
Think about this...if you were at all correct in anything you were saying people would be piling on me. No one is agreeing with you at all.

In this room that should tell you a lot.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:00 PM   #35
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Think about this...if you were at all correct in anything you were saying people would be piling on me. No one is agreeing with you at all.

In this room that should tell you a lot.
Faulty logic, ad populum fallacy. Truth is not determined by popularity, ask, Actor.

OOPs, replying to you is a waste of time. If I don't reply to you in the future it is because I don't want to waste me time.
George Washington
Old 03-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #36
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Faulty logic, ad populum fallacy. Truth is not determined by popularity, ask, Actor.

OOPs, replying to you is a waste of time. If I don't reply to you in the future it is because I don't want to waste me time.
I misspoke...you’re still butt hurt over a disagreement from 9 years ago. You still need help. I just didn’t want to pull a “Show me the Wire” and be incorrect.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #37
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Nice dodge.
hcap and Ely do that a lot.
Change the topic and back out when they have nothing left.

That is being disingenuous, as you accused me yesterday.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #38
delayjf

Quote:
Bad idea to start another investigation into the email/private server issue. It will look revenge political prosecution and re-litigating the 2016 election.

There are better legitimate opportunities, which provide better optics, to investigate the Clintons, i.e. the Clinton Foundation, uranium deals with Russia, connections to Chinese Communication companies due to pay for play. The above type of activities would classify as treason.
I agree with you that a renewed investigation into Hillary's Email would smack of revenge on the part of the Republicans. However, I believe the investigation should go forward as this happened at the top levels of our government and it needs to be exposed. IMO we have Hillary dead to rights in that she broke the law, which was not the case regarding the investigation the Trump / Russian collusion. The other Clinton related stuff needs to be investigated as well.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2019, 05:12 PM   #39
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
I agree with you that a renewed investigation into Hillary's Email would smack of revenge on the part of the Republicans. However, I believe the investigation should go forward as this happened at the top levels of our government and it needs to be exposed. IMO we have Hillary dead to rights in that she broke the law, which was not the case regarding the investigation the Trump / Russian collusion. The other Clinton related stuff needs to be investigated as well.
Definitely the investigators have to be investigated, as well the Obama administration in both the HRC email issue and the collusion delusion issue, including FISA abuses.
George Washington
Old 03-26-2019, 06:18 PM   #40
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Nice dodge.
hcap and Ely do that a lot.
Change the topic and back out when they have nothing left.

That is being disingenuous, as you accused me yesterday.
That’s one way of looking at it.

Another (unbiased) way of looking at it is that the conversation was going nowhere, since SMTW would rather debate the definition of investigation and when it is appropriate to conduct one.

The facts are Kushner was using a commercially free app and his personal email to conduct official business. It’s the job of the oversight committee to look into matters like this.

Kushner’s lawyer told the commitee this was going on and did not know if the official business contained classified information. So the committee is investigating if it was. I’m not sure why anyone would have a problem with this, but SMTW does.

Why would anyone object to looking into if a senior White House Advisor is sharing classified info on an app that can be hacked in to? Country over party, remember?

At this point what else is left to say? Cummings has demanded the White House provide documents about Kushner, Ivanka, Steve Bannon and KT McFarland by April 4th. Until he gets or doesn’t get the documents it’s kind of a waiting game.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #41
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
That’s one way of looking at it.

Another (unbiased) way of looking at it is that the conversation was going nowhere, since SMTW would rather debate the definition of investigation and when it is appropriate to conduct one.

The facts are Kushner was using a commercially free app and his personal email to conduct official business. It’s the job of the oversight committee to look into matters like this.

Kushner’s lawyer told the commitee this was going on and did not know if the official business contained classified information. So the committee is investigating if it was. I’m not sure why anyone would have a problem with this, but SMTW does.

Why would anyone object to looking into if a senior White House Advisor is sharing classified info on an app that can be hacked in to? Country over party, remember?

At this point what else is left to say? Cummings has demanded the White House provide documents about Kushner, Ivanka, Steve Bannon and KT McFarland by April 4th. Until he gets or doesn’t get the documents it’s kind of a waiting game.

Wasting my time here. Let me clarify your understanding of my position. It is inappropriate to conduct an investigation without evidence of wrong doing. The use of a commercial communications app. to conduct non-classified government business is not proper subject matter for a house oversight committee.

I have a problem with the abusive use of investigations. A white House adviser is not above the law, but is neither below the law and the use of a communications app should not be investigated absent evidence of a crime.

Anyone who believes in the rule of law and U.S. citizen rights should object to any investigation of the use of a legal commercial communication app, White House adviser or not, absent the evidence of wrong doing.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 03-26-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:57 PM   #42
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Dahossdaboss,

What about these newly uncovered emails from a non-commercial private server(s)? Are you in favor of an investigation into these by the government? You should be since you think White House personnel should be investigated absent evidence of wrong doing.

There is no question government business emails have been sent and received on a private server(s) containing classified information. Having physical emails marked classified present on and sent from an unsecured private server is evidence of a crime.

If you are not in favor of an investigation why? If not in favor is it due to the name attached to this particular evidence.

Quote:
We obtained these emails in response to our Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit we filed on May 6, 2015, after the State Department failed to respond to our March 4, 2015, FOIA request (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:15-cv-00687)) seeking:

All emails sent and received by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in her official capacity as Secretary of State, as well as all emails by other State Department employees to Secretary Clinton regarding her non-“state.gov” email address.

This final batch of emails includes five new classified emails and communications with controversial figures Lanny Davis and Sidney Blumenthal.

Here is some of what was revealed in these documents.

On April 27, 2011, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair sent classified information discussing Palestinian issues to Clinton’s personal unsecure email account.

On May 19, 2011, Blair again sent classified information to Clinton’s personal unsecure email account discussing a “speech.”

A classified email exchange between Blair and Clinton took place from January 16, 2009, (while George W. Bush was still president) and January 24, 2009. The subject line is “Re: Gaza.” Blair on January 16, 2009, relayed information he learned from Middle East leaders and noted that he wanted to get something “resolved before Tuesday” (when Obama would be sworn in as president). Clinton responded to Blair on January 19, 2009, writing “Tony – We are finally moving and I am looking forward to talking w you as soon as I’m confirmed, tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Your emails are very helpful so pls continue to use this address,” hr15@att.blackberry.net. Blair followed up by saying “It would be great if we could talk before any announcements are made.”

Retired Army Gen. Jack Keane sent Clinton classified information, apparently during early 2009. The subject line of the email is redacted, but the text appears to show a discussion on information about Iraq.

In a September 2, 2010, email exchange marked classified, longtime Clinton confidante Lanny Davis tells Secretary Clinton that he could serve as a private channel for her to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, saying he had a “private and highly trusted communication line, unofficial and personal, to PM N[etanyahu].” Davis goes on to say “[N]o one on the planet (other than your wonderful husband) can get this done as well as you.…” Secretary Clinton responds with classified information, saying “I will reach out to you directly and hope you will continue to do the same w me. The most important issue now is [Redacted B1].”

In a September 18, 2010, email, Davis emails Clinton to tell her that “As soon as I wrote last email, I reverted to my old role as your crisis manager and worrier about you, read the word ‘optics’ I suddenly felt – oops. I am registered under FARA for one or more foreign governments or businesses. I don’t think it would look right. I want to avoid any even slight chance of misperception.” Clinton replies, “Thx for looking out for me, my friend. I’ll tell Cheryl to stand down.” Davis replied, “100% off-the-record.”

An email with the subject line “Clinton-Ivanishvili Meeting” shows a meeting with pro-Putin, Georgian billionaire Bidzina Ivanishvili, who was reportedly involved in a Russia-rigged election for president of the Republic of Georgia. On May 29, 2012, longtime Clinton political operative Craig T. Smith emailed Cheryl Mills, asking if a meeting between Secretary Clinton and Georgian billionaire Bidzina Ivanishvili was “happening,” saying: “Would be a good thing if it can work out.” Mills tells Smith she’ll revert and forwards the email to Jake Sullivan, Human Abedin and Lona Valmoro, asking them if they were setting up the meeting, noting that it involved “meeting with the opposition” and asking what she could tell Smith. Valmoro responds that the meeting with Ivanishvili was “on the schedule.”

An undated email from former Deputy Secretary of State Strobe Talbott to Clinton discusses that “VP” Joe Biden was “thinking seriously about a Biden-Putin Commission.”

The documents reveal that Clinton had been assigned an official government email address with which she could have conducted government business, clintonhr@state.gov. She also reportedly had additional government addresses at her disposal: SMSGS@state.gov and SSHRC@state.gov, neither of which were configured to send or receive emails.

The documents also include an email to Tamera Luzzatto, former chief of staff during Clinton’s tenure as U.S. Senator for New York. Clinton talks about getting “a secure computer set up soon.”

Tamera–this is my new address, but, pls know, I cannot check it during the day unless I leave my office. I hope to have a secure computer set up soon to be able to get email during the workday. Much love, H.

On October 29, 2009, a Clinton Foundation employee and close Clinton adviser, Sid Blumenthal, forwarded a proposal for a commercial contract related to improvised explosive devices (IEDs) from retired CIA officer-turned-contractor Gary Berntsen, to Clinton (copying Cheryl Mills), saying that Berntsen had been “unable to break through the bureaucracy with it.” Mills then forwarded the email to Jake Sullivan. Blumenthal noted that “Cody [Shearer] and I are following up.” Blumenthal and Shearer were both implicated in the creation of the Obama administration’s anti-Trump Russia “collusion” counterintelligence operation by providing “reports” relating to Trump-Russia collusion to the U.S. Government.

On January 29, 2009, Blumenthal emailed Secretary Clinton a memo he titled “Good Cop, Bad Cop,” in which Blumenthal informs Clinton that his sources tell him that an “attack” on the appointment by Obama of former Sen. George Mitchell as Special Envoy to the Middle East was “coordinated by Jewish institutional leaders and carefully scripted.” Also cited is Mitchell’s “Arab descent” as making him “politically vulnerable.”

Blumenthal told Clinton that any conversations she had with Netanyahu “flows directly and instantly back to top (U.S.) Jewish leadership.” Further on in his memo, Blumenthal says that Netanyahu and “Jewish leadership” should “be expected to use political means, including outsourcing personal attacks” to counter Obama administration moves and said Netanyahu was “deeply connected to political networks in the U.S. – media, Jewish groups, Republican leaders, and right-wing Christian” organizations. To provide a “heat shield” from Netanyahu’s attacks, Blumenthal advises Clinton that Obama should hire a “bad cop” who is “organically tied to the President” and a “political appointee, Jewish, considered a true friend of Israel…” Clinton responded by saying, “Thanks for these. And I will call you in the next few days.”

An October 20, 2012, email exchange between top State Department and Clinton Foundation officials discussed arrangements for Bill and Hillary’s trip to Haiti. That trip focused on the opening of the Caracol Industrial Park, funded by a $300 million+ grant from USAID. The Caracol Park came to be seen as a hugely wasteful disaster that was supposed to create 65,000 jobs for Haitians but as of January 2015 only produced 4,500.

On January 25, 2009, Chelsea Clinton’s high school friend Nicole Davison (now Nicole Davison Fox), made a hiring recommendation to Secretary Clinton for the State Department. Clinton forwarded Davison’s recommendation on to Cheryl Mills, telling Mills to “follow up” on the “wonderful recommendation.” Mills replied, “K.”

Maggie Williams, campaign manager of Clinton’s failed 2008 presidential bid, forwarded to Clinton a note sent to her by then-managing partner of the Gallup Organization, which said that “Gallup Polls suggest Obama’s plan to expedite withdrawal from Iraq could help improve some residents’ opinion [referring to Iraqis’ opinion of US leadership.]” Williams proposed to Secretary Clinton sending a group of high-level State Department officials to Gallup “for a presentation”, including Jack Lew, Jim Steinberg, Cheryl Mills and Lissa Muscatine. Williams would later suggest adding Jake Sullivan and Anne-Marie Slaughter to the Gallup presentation.

On February 18, 2009, the chairman of telecom company Centurylink, Bill Owens, emailed Clinton (copying Abedin) asking if he could get a meeting with the secretary during her upcoming trip to China. Abedin responded, saying that she was talking to Owens’ assistant to “arrange for the two of you to visit for a few minutes” during Clinton’s trip. Owens had been appointed Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1994 by President Bill Clinton. After retiring from the Navy in 1996, he became chairman of defense contractor SAIC.

In a January 3, 2011-March 1, 2011, email thread, Susanne Helmsley, a staffer at the World Economic Forum (ie, Davos) emailed leftist Christian writer-activist Jim Wallis to inform him that former British PM Gordon Brown would not be invited to the upcoming Davos meeting, because “our policy (and this makes Davos distinctive) is to only invite people who are still in power.” She also noted that the “theme” of the upcoming Davos meeting would be “Shared Norms for the New Reality”, noting that “the discussions of values will be a major element in Davos, since norms are only sustainable if built on values.” Wallis mentions his prior partnership with Bangladeshi banker Mohammad Yunus, who would be charged the next year with tax fraud and embezzling from the bank he’d founded, Grameen Bank.

On five occasions Clinton’s secretary, Lauren Jiloty, sent Clinton’s sensitive daily itinerary to her on her unsecure email account.

On January 29, 2009, State Department official Ashley Yehl received a Judicial Watch press release from Associated Press reporter Matt Lee about a lawsuit we filed on behalf of State Department official David Rodearmel challenging Clinton’s appointment as Secretary of State. Yehl forwarded the email on to several other State people, who in turn forwarded it on to State’s Legal Office and official James Thessin. Thessin sent it along to Cheryl Mills who sent it on to Secretary Clinton, assuring Clinton that the Department of Justice would defend her against our lawsuit.
https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...-email-server/

Let us know your position inquiring minds want to know.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 03-26-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:03 PM   #43
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Old 03-26-2019, 07:51 PM   #44
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Wasting my time here. Let me clarify your understanding of my position. It is inappropriate to conduct an investigation without evidence of wrong doing. The use of a commercial communications app. to conduct non-classified government business is not proper subject matter for a house oversight committee.

I have a problem with the abusive use of investigations. A white House adviser is not above the law, but is neither below the law and the use of a communications app should not be investigated absent evidence of a crime.

Anyone who believes in the rule of law and U.S. citizen rights should object to any investigation of the use of a legal commercial communication app, White House adviser or not, absent the evidence of wrong doing.
This is what they do in RUSSIA. And also, as many dems are arguing today - a person has to be cleared of suspicions and innuendo through investigations.
What happened to presumed innocent?
Old 03-26-2019, 08:09 PM   #45
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
This is what they do in RUSSIA. And also, as many dems are arguing today - a person has to be cleared of suspicions and innuendo through investigations.
What happened to presumed innocent?
He is presumed innocent. When his lawyer is unable to answer whether or not he shares classified info in his email or on Whatsapp it creates suspicion. That’s why they are looking in to it.

Better to be safe than sorry when it comes to classified info. I’m sure you’d agree if there wasn’t a republican in office. Being partisan has never been your strong suit.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: